Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

crezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nice
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Hi All

My very first post on this forum!

Filed i-130 on the 19th July 2011

When am i likely to see the $420 taken from my credit card?

Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ismo220
This is my first post on here. I normally follow "Dive into America" but this forum has a lot more activity!

I'll quickly update:
I-130 Filed: February 8th
I-130 Approved: June 3rd
Case number received: June 25th
Medical: July 12th
Originally Posted by crezzy2k1
Hi All

My very first post on this forum!

Filed i-130 on the 19th July 2011

When am i likely to see the $420 taken from my credit card?

Thanks

Welcome aboard to you both!

This thread is a great resource for you to learn about the timelines of each step and what to prepare for next. We ask that you read this thread, and the DCF wiki to get your started with answers to your FAQs (they're in here!)
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Baker2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

They take the payment quite quickly!

My journey so far:
- sent our pack off on 9/7/2011 via recorded delivery
- got confirmation that the pack had been delivered on 14/7/2011
- payment taken 15/7/2011
- received notice of receipt via e-mail on 19/7/2011

Good Luck!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

RoryIan is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my first post on here. I normally follow "Dive into America" but this forum has a lot more activity!

I'll quickly update:
I-130 Filed: February 8th
I-130 Approved: June 3rd
Case number received: June 25th
Medical: July 12th
Your time line is almost identical to mine

I-130: 13/02/2011
Case number recieved: 28/06/2011
Medical: 11/07/2011

Like you I scurry home each day waiting for the appointment date.

Good luck and I hope we are both happy in the next few days.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

crezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Baker2011
Hello,

My journey so far:

Good Luck!
Thanks let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Agree

Disagree. The petitioner is the person who submitted the petition that led to the application.

Regards, JEff
Okay, now I am offically confused.

I know that with the I-130 the USC is the petitioner. And I am aware that now the I-130 has been approved, its all about the UKC (me!) and I fill out the next stage of forms.

When the DS-230 part II asks for petitioners details, I put the USCs details but I'm not sure if that is right?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
Okay, now I am offically confused.

I know that with the I-130 the USC is the petitioner. And I am aware that now the I-130 has been approved, its all about the UKC (me!) and I fill out the next stage of forms.

When the DS-230 part II asks for petitioners details, I put the USCs details but I'm not sure if that is right?
Yes, you are applying for an Immigrant Visa, and unless you are a Diversity Lottery winner, you also have a petitioner. Your petitioner is your spouse/USC.

It may be "all you", but don't forget that your petitioner must submit an I-864 for you, so he's not really 'out of it' either.

Can I please request again that if people ask a question about a form, they include a link to the place they are reading it? The context of the question makes a difference.
It seems clear to me that the name of the US citizen petitioner goes in Q39.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
Can I please request again that if people ask a question about a form, they include a link to the place they are reading it? The context of the question makes a difference.
It seems clear to me that the name of the US citizen petitioner goes in Q39.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf
Oops, sorry. I didn't realise that I needed to. I suppose my question was mostly directed that those who had recently sent in their forms. But I can certainly see the benefit of including a link to the form.

Are there any completed example forms on this website? I did search but I'm feeling most clueless today.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

When the DS-230 Part II, or any thing else, asks for information about the petitioner, give information about the petitioner.

Who filed the petition? That person is the petitioner.

Regards, JEff

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chased the embassy again today, still no luck. We called on Monday and they said that our DS-2001 and DS-230 (which we sent off a month ago) were in the system and so was our medical information. On Monday they said if we don't hear back about our interview to call back at the end of the week. We did, and they're telling us the same thing again. Only now they're saying that we need to wait another 2-4 weeks before we can chase anything.

This is so frustrating! Our flights are booked for October 5th and I really don't want to have to push that back as we'll have nowhere to live by that point!

I think what makes it even more frustrating is that my visas for the UK were so easy to get! That and you see other people who file after you get booked before you. I'm happy for them but so stressed about the whole waiting game we have to play.

Anyone else in the same boat??

UPDATE:
We called the embassy again, being a bit more demanding for information this time. They gave us a code to put in our subject and told us to email [email protected]. So we did. Fingers crossed we hear something back soon. I was not built for this kind of stress and as my husband just said, patience is not my strongest quality!

Last edited by ismo220; Jul 22nd 2011 at 8:15 am. Reason: Update
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:18 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Chased the embassy again today, still no luck. We called on Monday and they said that our DS-2001 and DS-230 (which we sent off a month ago) were in the system and so was our medical information. On Monday they said if we don't hear back about our interview to call back at the end of the week. We did, and they're telling us the same thing again. Only now they're saying that we need to wait another 2-4 weeks before we can chase anything.

This is so frustrating! Our flights are booked for October 5th and I really don't want to have to push that back as we'll have nowhere to live by that point!

I think what makes it even more frustrating is that my visas for the UK were so easy to get! That and you see other people who file after you get booked before you. I'm happy for them but so stressed about the whole waiting game we have to play.

Anyone else in the same boat??
Wow, poor you, I would go mad! We filed in January, just got case number via phone in mid July and medical done same week! (which was lucky) sent in all paperwork on July 17 soooo, we were hoping to hear about visa interview date within a couple of weeks, but.... reading your post has really scared me!

My UKC hubby retires from the military at the end of the month and we need to handover the house! It is really scary trying to plan the end of my UK life after having been here for 10 years. Scheduling march out dates, flights end of school for kids etc all this and we havent a clue when we are actually leaving! I am trying to remain positive and flexible, but now that I have given notice at work I am feeling rather worried and unsure!

Well at least we are not alone, as these message boards have really provided us with a "support system" if you like.

We are hoping to leave the country in September, but I am too afraid to book any flights! ahhh. Were you able to book changeable flights and how much does it cost you to change them?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:57 am
Just Joined

kathryn79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baker2011
Hello,

My journey so far:

Good Luck!
We seem to be on nearly identical timelines!!! Cannot wait to follow along on your journey!

We have done as follows:

- sent our pack 14/7/2011
- got delivery confirmation 15/7/2011
- payment taken 20/7/2011

Still waiting on our notice of receipt but sounds like it may be any day now! Best of luck with everything!!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Wow, poor you, I would go mad! We filed in January, just got case number via phone in mid July and medical done same week! (which was lucky) sent in all paperwork on July 17 soooo, we were hoping to hear about visa interview date within a couple of weeks, but.... reading your post has really scared me!

My UKC hubby retires from the military at the end of the month and we need to handover the house! It is really scary trying to plan the end of my UK life after having been here for 10 years. Scheduling march out dates, flights end of school for kids etc all this and we havent a clue when we are actually leaving! I am trying to remain positive and flexible, but now that I have given notice at work I am feeling rather worried and unsure!

Well at least we are not alone, as these message boards have really provided us with a "support system" if you like.

We are hoping to leave the country in September, but I am too afraid to book any flights! ahhh. Were you able to book changeable flights and how much does it cost you to change them?
This forum is definitely a support system for us as well. It's just nice knowing others are going through the same thing at the same time as us.

I would recommend calling that expensive number 09042-450-100. They will give you a code to put in an email and an email address to contact. I am pretty sure that you can do this to request an expedition of your application. And given the circumstances I would assume it is justified!

I know what you mean though, this is not like a normal move at all! You get such a small time frame to take care of absolutely everything! And there aren't a lot of fall backs either! I think we have a 5 day period where we need to close on our flat, ship our stuff, get ride of stuff we're not taking, close bank accounts, and ship our cats. I am so ready for this to be over now.

We booked our flights through Virgin Atlantic, we had tons of miles so we used though. In normal circumstances you can change flights with Virgin easily. I have done so in the past and it cost about £200 to change the flight (may have gone up since then). However, since we booked them with our miles, I'm not sure how easy it will be.

The nice thing about the forum is seeing other people complete the process. You know no matter how difficult it might be, you'll get there in the end too!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kathryn79
We seem to be on nearly identical timelines!!! Cannot wait to follow along on your journey!

We have done as follows:

- sent our pack 14/7/2011
- got delivery confirmation 15/7/2011
- payment taken 20/7/2011

Still waiting on our notice of receipt but sounds like it may be any day now! Best of luck with everything!!
Kathryn79. Is your application process DCF? I don't understand why they would have taken payment from you if you filed in London.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:03 am
Just Joined

kathryn79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kathryn79. Is your application process DCF? I don't understand why they would have taken payment from you if you filed in London.
It is DCF and filed in London. Why would they not take payment? I'm confused now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.