Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by ShawnR
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to ask if any of the old hands around here had an opinion as to why the processing times have jumped so quickly forward, and if they have ever seen times jump like this before?
They seem to have gotten caught up on the backlog, that's all.

The standard DCF time frame was 5 months for SOOOOO long, this is the first time I've ever seen it be any longer, so this whole situation is new to me, and I've been around the forum here since 2003.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShawnR
... why the processing times have jumped so quickly forward, and if they have ever seen times jump like this before?
Sometimes they jump forward, yes. They just as easily jump backwards also. It could be as Rene says - that they've caught up, or it could be that in order to buy themselves more time, they're sending out RFEs. Either could result in a jump in the processing times... which is why it is never a good idea to follow processing times - they give people a false sense of security.

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Hello all. For those who have a medical coming up, I thought I'd write a quick description of how ours went for your info and reassurance:

I arrived with my 2 young daughters very early for our appointment but was ushered in and given a brief form to fill in. We then waited for approx. 20 minutes, and then went through to the speak to the Nurse, who went over our vaccination records, and gave me a Tetanus jab (cost £26).

We were then ushered into a 'Ladies only' waiting room. There were a few toys for the kids to play with and after a 10 minute wait, I went in for a very quick Chest X-ray (it took less than 5 minutes) while the receptionist sat with my children in the waiting room.

I then returned to the waiting room, still in a gown on my top half. After another wait, we went in to see the doctor.

My medical consisted of basic obs. i.e pulse, a quick breast check, listening to my chest, eye test and discussion on medical history and medications and finally a blood sample was taken. It took a total of 15 minutes including all the paperwork, signatures etc.

The kids' medicals were even quicker, and just consisted of listening to their chest, looking in their eyes/ears and quick discussion of medical history.

We then returned to the waiting room and after 10 minutes, were called to Reception to pay and get back our passports. We were told the Embassy would have our results 4 days later.

In total our 3 medicals took approx. 2 hours including all the waiting time.

For anybody concerned about undertaking the medical with kids, then I hope this provides some reassurance that it is a very simple and basic medical and that the staff were very helpful and friendly although clearly very busy!

By the way, if anyone is in a hurry I would recommend calling the Knightsbridge practice daily to ask for cancellations - I did and managed to bring mine forward from the original date I had booked by several days...

So now I'm just waiting for that all important letter with the appointment date! Fingers crossed it won't be long and my little family can be reunited again before long......
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Good Morning Folks,

Just opened my post and received my self-addressed stamped envelope back from the USCIS. Inside was the letter of "Notice Of Approval Of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition". Just thought I would post a little info regarding the letter. This is only to state that we have now been forwarded to the Consular Office in London and will hear back from them within 3 weeks of the date of Approval (June 8th). According to the London Embassy website as of June 23, 2011 they are processing petitions filed on March 01, 2011. As you can see there is no case number as this will come from the Embassy in the next step of our process. So one could assume but I won't is that we will hear back from London by mid next week. Not holding breath and will take everything in stride as it comes, afterall we are dealing with Governments and everything is at their pace. .

Just an added tidbit, it is very easy to obtain your IRS transcripts for the years required from this link. I did it and it was rather a quick turnaround, within 2 weeks I had them in my hand.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...html?portlet=4

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy-London P.O. Box 2444 London Wl A 5WT

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF RELATIVE IMMIGRANT VISA PETITION
Date: June 23, 2011

NAME AND ADDRESS OF PETITIONER
xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NAME OF BENEFICIARY xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
CLASSIFICATION 201(b) Spouse
DATE PETITION FILED March 3, 2011
FILE NUMBER A
DATE OF APPROVAL OF PETITION
June 8, 2011

The visa petition you filed has been approved. The beneficiary for whom you filed has been given the appropriate classification. The approval constitutes no assurance that the beneficiary will be found eligible for visa issuance, admission to the United States or adjustment to lawful permanent resident status. Eligibility for visa issuance is determined only when application therefore is made to a consular officer; eligibility for admission or adjustment is determined only when application therefore is made to an immigration officer. Also, please note the items below which are indicated by "X" marks concerning this petition.

1.[X] YOUR PETITION TO CLASSIFY THE BENEFICIARY AS AN IMMEDIATE RELATIVE OF A UNITED STATES CITIZEN HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE UNITED STATES
CONSULATE AT London. UK . THIS COMPLETES ALL ACTION BY THIS SERVICE ON THE PETITION. THE UNITED STATES CONSULATE, WHICH IS UNDER THE SUPERVISION
Of THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE, WILL ADVISE THE BENEFICIARY IN WRITING WITHIN THREE WEEKS OF THE DATE OF THIS APPROVAL CONCERNING THE NEXT STEP OF THE PROCESS AND ISSUANCE OF THE IMMIGRANT VISA. ANY INQUIRIES YOU MAY HAVE CONCERNING THE NEXT STEP IN THE PROCESSING SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE U.S. CONSULATE AT THE FOLLOWING NUMBER: 09042 450 100.

July 7th,
Well folks I just received my post and with it the letter from the Immigrant Visa Branch -London. So from my timeline as I have quoted above I did receive my husbands LND Case Number three weeks from the actual date of the approved petition.

Approved Petition: June 8th, received letter dated 23rd June
LND Case Number: Processed 1st July, but posted 5th July 2nd class post.

I phoned right away to see if it was possible to get a September medical date and was told to I would need to phone back in August as they only book one month in advance.

Also I had asked about the jab TdP, for adults you will be given the Tetanus,POLIO,Diptheria. Children's TdP is Tetanus,PETUSSIS,Diptheria. that is the difference.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats sounds like you flew through the i130, I filled 6 months ago and am still waiting to hear
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by oliver22
Congrats sounds like you flew through the i130, I filled 6 months ago and am still waiting to hear
Oliver have you received your hard I-130 approval? I think that it takes a little longer than three weeks to receive your case number if you were processed in Rome. I suppose you can always try calling the expensive number but I think ultimately, we might just have a LONG wait ahead of us. Wrapping my head around the fact that I might not get to leave by September
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our case number last friday, after 3 weeks of having the I-130 approved. We sent off our next lot of forms the day after and booked the medical for a week and a half's time. They seemed to have loads of appointments free right now.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

betty13 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a relief, I just received my i-130 approval in the mail! The letter has a header with the address from USCIS Rome, but was mailed from the USCIS London. I thought I would put here my timeline for other people that were filed at the same time as me.

My timeline is:

i-130 sent: 2nd March 2011
i-130 filed: 10th March 2011
i-130 approved: 20th June
i-130 approval letter sent: 6th July 2011
i-130 approval letter received: 7th July 2011
Old Jul 7th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Cheers Oliver. Not sure why the difference but perhaps it does have something to do with Rome. Mine was definitely sent to London. Who knows really. Hopefully you will hear back from them ASAP
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Baker2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just about file my I-130 but I have noticed that all the forms have an expiration date listed at the top.

I-130 - states "OMB No. 1615-0012; Expires 01/31/2011"
G-325A - states "OMB No. 1615-0008; expires 06/30/2011"

I wanted to post our application off this weekend but am worried it will be rejected as the forms have expired. Has anyone else noticed this or filed the I-130 form since it has expired?
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baker2011
I am just about file my I-130 but I have noticed that all the forms have an expiration date listed at the top.

I-130 - states "OMB No. 1615-0012; Expires 01/31/2011"
G-325A - states "OMB No. 1615-0008; expires 06/30/2011"

I wanted to post our application off this weekend but am worried it will be rejected as the forms have expired. Has anyone else noticed this or filed the I-130 form since it has expired?
The forms have not expired, the OMB case expired (google for a deeper explanation of OMB).
You want to look for the 'revision date' in the bottom right corner and make sure it is an accepted (current) version at uscis.gov in the forms section, on the form download page.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by betty13
What a relief, I just received my i-130 approval in the mail! The letter has a header with the address from USCIS Rome, but was mailed from the USCIS London. I thought I would put here my timeline for other people that were filed at the same time as me.

My timeline is:

i-130 sent: 2nd March 2011
i-130 filed: 10th March 2011
i-130 approved: 20th June
i-130 approval letter sent: 6th July 2011
i-130 approval letter received: 7th July 2011
How odd! I filed Jan 21st and was sent to Rome for processing. Received an email on June 27th to say petition was approved on June 20th. And I also received the hard copy in the mail today. We were processed by Rome but the letter came from London. I guess that means they've received our applications back from Rome so hopefully they should be sending the files over so we can be issued a case number
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

I agree that it is odd indeed. Do you think that USCIS Rome grouped all the files from January to March and sent them to USCIS London now? This could mean that there will be a backlog for the rest of the procedure
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by betty13
I agree that it is odd indeed. Do you think that USCIS Rome grouped all the files from January to March and sent them to USCIS London now? This could mean that there will be a backlog for the rest of the procedure
I think it is incredibly likely that they were all sent back at the same time. Or in batches.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
I think it is incredibly likely that they were all sent back at the same time. Or in batches.
Fingers crossed that all this doesn't delay the case numbers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.