Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by oliver22
Thanks Shadow, any ideas how long after the medical the interviews are generally in london?
I think it varies but its important to get the other forms (DS 230 DS 2001 cover letter) in as soon as you can because it is typically 60 days from that, but it can be sooner or later as well. Also you can request an earlier date if possible on the cover letter. Good luck!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

nancyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shadow, any ideas how long after the medical the interviews are generally in london?
I sent the forms on June 29th. My husband's medical was July 4th. We got the appointment letter yesterday for an interview on Aug 16th.

Last edited by nancyo; Jul 19th 2011 at 6:28 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, when do we need to pay more money, i know we paid when i130 was filled, again for the medical but do we need to pay any more?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Thanks, when do we need to pay more money, i know we paid when i130 was filled, again for the medical but do we need to pay any more?
At the interview you pay the visa application fee. $420 or $404...can't remember which. Which ever one the I-130 wasn't! lol!

Have you had your medical already?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

No I have it next thursday but sending in my DS230 parts 1 nd 2 and ready to interview form now hows your visa going?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

No I have it next thursday but sending in my DS230 parts 1 nd 2 and ready to interview form now hows your visa going?
I've got my medical next Friday. It was the only day I knew I would have off work next week.

I've got the forms filled out and ready to go, I just need to sign and date them. But first I need to get the I-864 from my husband. I don't want to send them back until I actually have everything ready.

Of course I've been telling him for months to prepare it so we can rock and roll once I receive the case number...but like any good man, does he listen! lol! I always tell him, I wouldn't have to nag if he just did things when I ask!

I'm not so worried about this process now that the I-130 was approved, it just too much longer than expected and that had me worried. We've pushed back my intended date of travel to mid-end of September so hopefully we should be able to meet that date

Good luck to you.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Good luck to you too, maybe see you on interview day as our medicals are so close
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

My latest silly question. On the DS-230 Part II...question 39. Name & Address of Petitioner, is the USC still the petitioner? And the UKC remains the beneficiary or applicant.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:38 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
My latest silly question. On the DS-230 Part II...question 39. Name & Address of Petitioner, is the USC still the petitioner? And the UKC remains the beneficiary or applicant.
Well, my hubby who is the UKC filled out the form with his address (which is both ours anyways) so I hope that was right!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

On the DS-230 Part II...question 39. Name & Address of Petitioner, is the USC still the petitioner?
No.

The DS-230 is to be filled out by the person applying for the visa. In this case, the petitioner is the applicant (since the form can be used for family members other than the applicant).

Ian
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No.

The DS-230 is to be filled out by the person applying for the visa. In this case, the petitioner is the applicant (since the form can be used for family members other than the applicant).

Ian
Thanks Ian.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

mrskadz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I am the USC and filed the 1-130 for my spouse and son on April 26th. At present the Embassy are processing petitions filed on April 15th so it can't be much longer! Knowing its so close makes me more impatient! Am so looking forward to receiving the Approval letter and getting their medical booked! At least then it will feel like the ball is rolling!

Any other April filers still waiting to hear back?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:37 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The petitioner was, is, and will always be, the person who submitted the petition.

Regards, JEff

My latest silly question. On the DS-230 Part II...question 39. Name & Address of Petitioner, is the USC still the petitioner?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:39 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Agree
The DS-230 is to be filled out by the person applying for the visa.
Disagree. The petitioner is the person who submitted the petition that led to the application.
In this case, the petitioner is the applicant (since the form can be used for family members other than the applicant).
Regards, JEff
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my first post on here. I normally follow "Dive into America" but this forum has a lot more activity!

I'll quickly update:
I-130 Filed: February 8th
I-130 Approved: June 3rd
Case number received: June 25th
Medical: July 12th

Now I am at the stage where I am impatiently waiting for that interview date! We have booked our flights for October 5th and pretty much everything else is ready. I am so not a patient person, I practically run home from work everyday to check the post!

But I know in the back of my head that the stress won't end with the interview, it will end when we both have jobs and a place to live in America!

When I moved to the UK I literally jumped on plane with 2 suitcases and that was it! Now we're doing a full house move plus 2 cats! Though, after reading what others have written, cats are easier than trying to get visa for a spouse AND children!

Good luck to everyone!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.