Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by betty13
Fingers crossed that all this doesn't delay the case numbers...
It won't.

Previously, you got your LND case number when you got it. As far as I can see, you will still get it when you get it.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:42 am
Just Joined

evin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
How odd! I filed Jan 21st and was sent to Rome for processing. Received an email on June 27th to say petition was approved on June 20th. And I also received the hard copy in the mail today. We were processed by Rome but the letter came from London. I guess that means they've received our applications back from Rome so hopefully they should be sending the files over so we can be issued a case number
My timeline is identical to betty13:
i-130 sent: early March 2011
i-130 filed: 10th March 2011
i-130 approved: 20th June
i-130 approval letter sent: 6th July 2011
i-130 approval letter received: 7th July 2011

so it seems like they did process our applications as a batch.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:51 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LadyElysium
Our case was expedited as my husband was in the USAF and his Commander heard about us doing the visa process and suggested that he send an expedite request for us. We weren't going to say no so we accepted and he wrote a letter to the US Embassy for us. We were just extremely lucky as they didn't HAVE to approve the expedite, but did.
Doh! I wish I knew that! lol, we could have tried that!!! Ohwell, maybe another military familiy will learn from the thread!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:18 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Doh! I wish I knew that! lol, we could have tried that!!! Ohwell, maybe another military familiy will learn from the thread!
Well, I just jumped ship (from the Dec/Jan filers thread) to join this thread as it was getting lonely! I am one of a small bunch (I hope) of Jan filers left waiting for their case number. I rang Rome and was told that 200 petitions were sent to London and that there was one person keying them in? Ok, just making sure they don't start processing May's petitions before I get my darn case number or else I might commit harry carry!!! lol.

I just rang London today and they gave me our case number, wooo hooo, finally! I made a medical appt for this Thursday (what an unexpected result!) I am dying to know if Oliver got his number yet??? I am not booking my flight yet! It makes me nervous all this inconsistency in the process, so if anything, this thread has been an interesting read! We need an update Oliver!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Lisa amazing news congrats I'm so happy for you, what number was it you called for London, the expensive scottish line? And what an amazingly close medical
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am off for my morning swim at David Lloyd then off to work and shall call the 09042-450-100 number around 10.00 fingers crossed I have the same result as you Lisa. Must be a serious weight off your shoulders
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Lisa, may see you at the medical. I'm on today as well.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:17 am
Lisa

Talking Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by oliver22
I am off for my morning swim at David Lloyd then off to work and shall call the 09042-450-100 number around 10.00 fingers crossed I have the same result as you Lisa. Must be a serious weight off your shoulders
Hi Oliver, I can't believe you don't have your case number yet! Yes I did ring the expensive number and they said they mailed our case number on the 8th of July and so I asked if I could have it now and they just gave it to me, it happend so fast I feel shocked lol.

You should definately call the 09042 450 100 number, and push 4 after the opening blurb to save time, as you have waited 28 weeks! It is just so shocking that they are processing so many filers after you! They should have made January a priority, I definately made them aware! I really feel for you, but I am sure you will get a case number any day now. I also emailed the embassy, but did not get a response. Rome was very helpful so if you don't get any joy from the London number I have another number for you (it is listed over in the dec/jan thread back around page 40 I think, let me know and I will look).

Here is another tip for those waiting to get a case number, fill out the DS 230 and the 2001 now so you are ready! What a pain, my husband is in the British Army and having to find all the places he has lived since he was 16 was not a fun task when you are trying to make haste!

Also Oliver, be sure when you ring for your medical that you ask for any cancelations as that is how I got this week! OMG, all this waiting, waiting and more waiting and then BAM, OMG I have got this to do and that to do lol, what am I like! Keep me posted!!!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Another Jan filer here, still waiting for my case number. And waiting is all I can do. Just pushed my estimated leaving date back a month because who knows what will happen during this process.

Hope you hear something soon Oliver
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whitebear
Hey Lisa, may see you at the medical. I'm on today as well.
What a clown, it's Tuesday, proof I don't know what day it is.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:51 am
Lisa

Originally Posted by whitebear
What a clown, it's Tuesday, proof I don't know what day it is.
LOL, I wasn't going to say anything, but I did wonder if you meant today or Thursday! lol, yes maybe we shall see you!!

Adam, I hope you hear soon, they took our money out on the 25th of Jan, so it would appear there is no order to the pile!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows

Adam, I hope you hear soon, they took our money out on the 25th of Jan, so it would appear there is no order to the pile!
It would seem not but I'm coming to terms with it. From what I've heard the I-130 is the longest bit so we're just glad to be over that hurdle. Just hoping to complete the interview stage by the end of September. Which is a good 2 1/2 months away so staying hopeful xx
Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

My husband has now received his interview date for Aug 2. Woohoo!!
So our time is 7 months 20 days from receiving notice that the petition was filed. We filed in December so I'm not sure if there are any December filers left hanging around here still.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
My husband has now received his interview date for Aug 2. Woohoo!!
So our time is 7 months 20 days from receiving notice that the petition was filed. We filed in December so I'm not sure if there are any December filers left hanging around here still.
That's great. I bet its such a relief to have the end in sight. Good luck with the interview! It's a long time coming
Old Jul 14th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
That's great. I bet its such a relief to have the end in sight. Good luck with the interview! It's a long time coming
Thanks, I never dreamed when we filed in December that he wouldn't get his interview until August, but just really glad we are almost there! Woo hoo! I hope you hear something soon and when you do it probably all just happen so fast!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.