Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by oliver22
Hi Lynne, sounds like you will get it soon, there does not seem to be much order behind them being sent out, when did you receive the letter as we filed on the same day and i'm still waiting for an approval letter/rfe
Oliver22, honestly I think it's just US! lol! Maybe our application pictures were so outstanding they wanted to send it to every USCIS office around the world so they could marvel at our wonderful English genes. I'm so glad that I'm not left like the last puppy in the box, all alone. At least I have you to share in this confusion. Race you to the mail tomorrow!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

cassia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynne, sounds like you will get it soon, there does not seem to be much order behind them being sent out, when did you receive the letter as we filed on the same day and i'm still waiting for an approval letter/rfe
Hey Oliver,

We got our approval letter on 10th June. We have a mail redirect at our old address so it probably would have been sooner if we hadn't gotten it forwarded. I hope we get it soon! I have already set up shop here in America (been over about a month now) and i miss my husband terribly. I appreciate these things take time and better for it to be done right then have to fix it later on.

Will keep you posted!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keuning
It is not the law, it is the way people treat other people.
I don't disagree! Most Americans believe the US is the greatest country on earth. They are so convinced of the efficacy of their belief, they don't much care what anyone else thinks. They feel perfectly justified in looking down their noses at others... because people all around the globe put forth a tremendous effort to get to the US - by hook or by crook! It seems they all want to come to the US, so it must be a great country... everyone wants to be here... hell, people die trying to get here!

You're not going to change that attitude just because you feel the US needs a group hug with other countries. Americans are insular... always have been!

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It's very sweet you trust people so much..... I do too but only in this forum... Read Ian's comment! I have read that one several times on different sites and have the experience in other countries too how people in power (especially in immigration matters) can behave.
And I am not talking about just my-Drama-self: I hope more people will realize that this is behaviour we shouldn't encourage people to follow when they happen to be in the same position.....
Do you know the movie "Das Experiment"?
I don't know who you mean.. who do you think has this attitude that you are imagining?

I did re-read Ian's comment.. don't you think it is helpful to know the position of the law? US immigration law is designed to keep everyone out, save a few exceptions. You fall into one of the exceptions! You are in fact at the front of the line!

You are just cheezed (pissed off) because you can't control the schedule. That's OK, we've seen it before. Just don't make the mistake of taking it out on the people here, and don't try to drag other people down please. There are lots of other sites to use if that is what you prefer to do.

There's another saying that Ian is famous for: Immigration is an Adventure!
Try it, you might like it.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

JennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really nice

Hi Schattenmaster,
And you should be Very Happy to enter our country. We have the right to do whatever we feel like"
Well, you should, and they certainly do have a right to let in whomever they please. Just like any sovereign nation.

Especially the USA (90% of the population are immigrants from only a few hundred years ago) should know better
The US lets in more immigrants than all other nations COMBINED. I don't think America has lost it's 'immigrant connection' whatsoever. Immigrants just need to be properly vetted, and I have a hard time believing that anyone would want or expect it to be otherwise.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow this threads getting very deep, now I feel even more stupid asking simple visa questions. Sheerman the race is on, good luck for both of us
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Hi Schattenmaster,
We sent it May 21st (starting nov 23rd)...
The reason I asked is because I think I read somewhere that the interview is usually 60 days from when the DS-2001 was sent - which in your case you could hope for an interview by July 20 approximately.

In my case it would be Aug 16, which is a bummer for me as I will have to go back to the U.S. before that. So I am hoping my husband gets an earlier date but will just have to wait and see. It's funny because when we first started this process we thought we were starting way to early and that he might get his visa too early and now we find out that was so not the case. I wish you the best of luck!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Sheermeen there is good news, my wife emailed Rome and we just got this response

"Thank you for your patience, your case has been approved and forwarded back to London, you will soon be receiving an approval letter with instructions on the next steps to follow."
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Sheermeen there is good news, my wife emailed Rome and we just got this response

"Thank you for your patience, your case has been approved and forwarded back to London, you will soon be receiving an approval letter with instructions on the next steps to follow."
I'm so pleased for you. About time! So now I'm left alone when I emailed them I didn't get anything but a standard response saying it's been forwarded to them and will be dealt with. I hope that's not a bad sign. Really I'm just stuck waiting alone now. I hope everything goes quickly for you and you get your case number soon (someone said they got the case number before the I-130 approval) so you can have your medical
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, yeah it only took 22 weeks. We had to email Rome to hear anything though so maybe you should try that too, good luck
Old Jun 17th 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, yeah it only took 22 weeks. We had to email Rome to hear anything though so maybe you should try that too, good luck

Hey y'all.

So update - I phoned the embassy this morning who told me that the case number will follow on within four weeks of your notice being approved. So basically, our notice was approved on 31st May and it can be anytime before 30th June that we will receive the case number.

The frustrating this is that my husband is not created on the Embassy system yet so even though he has been approved by USCIS - the embassy have not yet processed it and I can't get his case number until that happens. They told me to cal again next week to see what the chat is.

So, it is very slow but at least we know where it's at now.

Lynne
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Casia what number did you call?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by cassia
Hey Oliver,

We got our approval letter on 10th June. We have a mail redirect at our old address so it probably would have been sooner if we hadn't gotten it forwarded. I hope we get it soon! I have already set up shop here in America (been over about a month now) and i miss my husband terribly. I appreciate these things take time and better for it to be done right then have to fix it later on.

Will keep you posted!
Hi Cassia,
I have a question for you since you have now gone over to the U.S. what do you have on your I 864 as your address. I did the I864EZ for my husband but it's possible that I will be in the U.S. before his interview.
Just so you know I got my case number before my approval letter. I have no idea how.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
Hi Cassia,
I have a question for you since you have now gone over to the U.S. what do you have on your I 864 as your address. I did the I864EZ for my husband but it's possible that I will be in the U.S. before his interview.
Just so you know I got my case number before my approval letter. I have no idea how.
Hey Shadow

I have a sneaky suspicion that ours went to Rome and the actual approval notice has not been processed by the Embassy as yet. I think you were fortunate in that even though you had an RFE, it was all done by London. Anyway, it is what it is.

I put down the address of the apartment I am living in just now (even though I will move before the visa process is finished). I am staying with a very good friend who I trust wholeheartedly. I would recommend giving the address of a family member who you trust to receive your documents. Unless of course you know where you be living - I would use that address.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cassia
Hey Shadow

I have a sneaky suspicion that ours went to Rome and the actual approval notice has not been processed by the Embassy as yet. I think you were fortunate in that even though you had an RFE, it was all done by London. Anyway, it is what it is.

I put down the address of the apartment I am living in just now (even though I will move before the visa process is finished). I am staying with a very good friend who I trust wholeheartedly. I would recommend giving the address of a family member who you trust to receive your documents. Unless of course you know where you be living - I would use that address.
So you put a u.s. address on your I 864.
Since I still currently live in UK I have used our UK address.
But I am wondering if I should have used our U.S address as we already have one. It is so confusing. I attached a letter saying that I intend to move to the U.S. and gave the date and also included documents that prove my intent to domicile in the U.S.

I hate second guessing and wondering if what I have done is correct. It's maddening!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.