Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by chask
We received our case number today! Medical now scheduled for 29th June.

Best of luck to those Jan filers, things do seem to be moving!

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approved 7 June (received in post 11 June). Case Number (LND number) dated 10 June (received in post 15 June). Medical scheduled for 29 June.
That's great news and not too long to wait until your medical! Hope everything moves quickly for you
Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by chask
We received our case number today! Medical now scheduled for 29th June.

Best of luck to those Jan filers, things do seem to be moving!

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approved 7 June (received in post 11 June). Case Number (LND number) dated 10 June (received in post 15 June). Medical scheduled for 29 June.
That's great. I bet youre relieved to finally get the ball rolling again. I know we are.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

I received the Notice of approval today and curiously they sent back most of my evidence that I sent in for the RFE. It looks like everything except the affidavits.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
I received the Notice of approval today and curiously they sent back most of my evidence that I sent in for the RFE. It looks like everything except the affidavits.
I really don't understand how it all works. You get your case number before the approval, usually people wait weeks for the case number. Either way, you're on to the next step. Good luck with your medical and I hope your interview is swiftly scheduled! xx
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
I really don't understand how it all works. You get your case number before the approval, usually people wait weeks for the case number. Either way, you're on to the next step. Good luck with your medical and I hope your interview is swiftly scheduled! xx
thanks we are writing on the cover letter for any cancellations. and we are posting the ds230 and ds2001 plus cover letter today. just so happy to be doing something besides waiting .. tomorrow i will be back to waiting
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
thanks we are writing on the cover letter for any cancellations. and we are posting the ds230 and ds2001 plus cover letter today. just so happy to be doing something besides waiting .. tomorrow i will be back to waiting
Oh the waiting game, I know it well!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

keuning is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anybody have following experience?
I had medical 8 june.(we filed 23 rd nov). Medical results arrived 13 at the embassy and all documents where processed 15 june. Now we called them if they have the interview date. (I am waiting now in hotels,friends etc, my wife had to go back to the States). They told us: No, not yet, and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to send a letter with that interview date.....We will not get any information by calling.
Besides: This means they will not send a letter until the beginning of july with a date some 3 or 4 weeks after that?!? =Medical 8 june---interview around 24 july ?
From what I understood in these forums time between medical and interview is 3,4 sometimes 5 weeks, not 6 or 7.
Maybe I understand this wrong, can anyone tell me why this seems so different?
thanks,
D
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by keuning
I had medical 8 june.(we filed 23 rd nov). Medical results arrived 13 at the embassy and all documents where processed 15 june. Now we called them if they have the interview date. (I am waiting now in hotels,friends etc, my wife had to go back to the States). They told us: No, not yet, and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to send a letter with that interview date.....We will not get any information by calling.
Besides: This means they will not send a letter until the beginning of july with a date some 3 or 4 weeks after that?!? =Medical 8 june---interview around 24 july ?
From what I understood in these forums time between medical and interview is 3,4 sometimes 5 weeks, not 6 or 7.
thanks,
D
I think also from reading the forum, you will see that this process can vary wildly and is different for everyone. Of course, that doesn't help with your situation. Perhaps they are busier during the summer months?
Also, they sometimes say one thing and do another, so you're interview letter might come sooner. Good luck
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

This is proof positive that the experiences of others can not be used to determine what your experience will be, and why it is always a bad idea to follow other people's timelines!

Ian
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:10 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, are there many other people still waiting to hear the results of filing their I-130 petition besides us? we filed on the 25th of Jan!!!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I filed on 14th Jan and no word yet
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

thanks,
D
maybe they are tired of people calling for updates all the time. joannabanana was in a situation where she was staying with someone with her small child and she got her interview very quickly. she filed around the first part of december. maybe that person was just irritable.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:23 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=oliver22;9437079]I filed on 14th Jan and no word yet[/QUOTe

I just received a recorded delivery note through my door today, any chance it could my notification letter from the embassy (we aren't expecting anything else). Does the embassy send the letters recorded delivery?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

thanks,
D
just curious, when did you send your DS230 and DS2001?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent heard of LND numbers being recorded delivery but good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.