Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by oliver22
Yes it does seem like all other January and early Feb fillers have been done, and here I was thinking they would process based on when the petitions were filed
Hey Oliver22/Shermeen - as a Feb 3rd filer with a June 1 (email) approval I have yet to get the Case Number letter. There is no rhyme or reason, it seems! Thinking I've just got to sit back and let it play out...
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

By the sounds of it there were a few Jan filers and the London embassy, in their wisdom, sent these to Italy and none of these have been heard from which I must admit is very frustrating, especially as I have just sold my house and will be moving into a hotel from 2 weeks time
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robandk
Hey Oliver22/Shermeen - as a Feb 3rd filer with a June 1 (email) approval I have yet to get the Case Number letter. There is no rhyme or reason, it seems! Thinking I've just got to sit back and let it play out...
Have you received the official approval letter yet?

Originally Posted by oliver22
By the sounds of it there were a few Jan filers and the London embassy, in their wisdom, sent these to Italy and none of these have been heard from which I must admit is very frustrating, especially as I have just sold my house and will be moving into a hotel from 2 weeks time
I read about a Jan 24th (I think) filer being approved. I think no rhyme or reason is making a lot of sense to me right now. And I really was hoping to leave at the end of August but each passing day is making me think it won't happen.
Are you stalking the mail man too? Waiting for him to deliver me something from the USCIS.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

nancyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Got our petition approval letter today from USCIS, dated 9 June, after filing petition 24 Jan. We have a pretty straightforward application (married 8 yrs with kids), so no idea if that makes any difference to ours being approved before petitions filed earlier that are maybe more complex - ?? Just guessing!

Oliver22 - we just sold our house too, so I sure hope things move quickly now. I bet you'll hear something soon. I imagine a bulk of petitions were sent to Rome & possibly sent back in a different order. (Slight stereotyping, but I've been to the Rome embassy and am slightly amazed at the 'different' approach to process compared to London!)
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

keuning is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
just curious, when did you send your DS230 and DS2001?
Hi Schattenmaster,
We sent it May 21st (starting nov 23rd).....I don't understand it. This is not "we have a lot of applications. It takes time, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes shorter".
This is more like: "You are foreigners. We don't like foreigners. And you should be Very Happy to enter our country. We have the right to do whatever we feel like"
Especially the USA (90% of the population are immigrants from only a few hundred years ago) should know better......Although the last I take back: Most countries nowadays behave like this!
Thank you for your reaction, I know there is no direct help about these things, but it helps sometimes to read other peoples experiences.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by keuning
Hi Schattenmaster,
We sent it May 21st (starting nov 23rd).....I don't understand it. This is not "we have a lot of applications. It takes time, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes shorter".
This is more like: "You are foreigners. We don't like foreigners. And you should be Very Happy to enter our country. We have the right to do whatever we feel like"
Especially the USA (90% of the population are immigrants from only a few hundred years ago) should know better......Although the last I take back: Most countries nowadays behave like this!
Thank you for your reaction, I know there is no direct help about these things, but it helps sometimes to read other peoples experiences.
It just helps to know that you're not the only facing the same frustrations.

My husband calls it "The Greatest Country In The World" he is a proud American and I guess they don't want just any and everyone moving in. Of course, yes, they are a country of immigrants (he proudly claims an Irish heritage though his nor his parents have ever been there) but I don't think most people think of it like that anymore. Mind you, wouldn't it be easier when all you had to do was get on a boat across, think as long as you weren't on the Titanic it'd be a breeze! lol!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:37 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, are you guys familiar with "Ellis Island"?
It wasn't any easier in the olden days.

Your filings are still going much faster than if filed in the US and are clipping right along. I don't understand all the supposed anti-immigrant stuff.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
It just helps to know that you're not the only facing the same frustrations.

My husband calls it "The Greatest Country In The World" he is a proud American and I guess they don't want just any and everyone moving in. Of course, yes, they are a country of immigrants (he proudly claims an Irish heritage though his nor his parents have ever been there) but I don't think most people think of it like that anymore. Mind you, wouldn't it be easier when all you had to do was get on a boat across, think as long as you weren't on the Titanic it'd be a breeze! lol!
Ha! Yes, you are right.....I am a proud member of this world. I like the USA, I like the UK, hey: I even like Holland! But isn't it time to behave a bit more grown ups? (or is that growns ups??)
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
lol, are you guys familiar with "Ellis Island"?
It wasn't any easier in the olden days.

Your filings are still going much faster than if filed in the US and are clipping right along. I don't understand all the supposed anti-immigrant stuff.
No. I understand you don't understand.
But it is not about the length of time. And it is not spec. the US. It is the total " unknowability" of the time span and the primitive way of dealing with information: we had to make very important decisions. (as many had by reading these forums) And we are stuck on many levels now. And it has cost us a lot of money we wouldn't have lost if we got simple information.(results are obviously dependent on people being irritated, like you or just feel good/bad). It is simply inhuman to treat that as " Oh but it is your own choice to come here, isn't it?"
BTW I am familiar with this from Amsterdam immigration police from the inside: It does work like that, and they don't give a shit.
It is not just the US! It's a very universal way humans tend to behave against fellow humans, when they are in the "right" position.
But it is wrong....
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It is simply inhuman to treat that as " Oh but it is your own choice to come here, isn't it?"
Respectfully, while cruel... it's true. It also helps to understand that US immigration law is written specifically to keep non-USCs out of the US. It's that simple.

But it is wrong....
No, it isn't. The US (like any country) has a right to determine who enters and who doesn't. True, they may not always be able to do that, but it is their sovereign right to try.

Ian
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

No. I understand you don't understand.
But it is not about the length of time. And it is not spec. the US. It is the total " unknowability" of the time span and the primitive way of dealing with information: we had to make very important decisions. (as many had by reading these forums) And we are stuck on many levels now. And it has cost us a lot of money we wouldn't have lost if we got simple information.(results are obviously dependent on people being irritated, like you or just feel good/bad). It is simply inhuman to treat that as " Oh but it is your own choice to come here, isn't it?"
BTW I am familiar with this from Amsterdam immigration police from the inside: It does work like that, and they don't give a shit.
It is not just the US! It's a very universal way humans tend to behave against fellow humans, when they are in the "right" position.
But it is wrong....
Inhuman?! Drama Queen much?

You want to know about primitive? I did this from an island in the middle of nowhere with virtually no internet and I managed to figure it out.

Rather than say it's human nature to make other suffer (that's what it looks like you wrote), I'd suggest, based on this group of people offering help and encouragement to each other, that humans are treating each other very well. But it is becoming very tempting to say, yeah, I'm on the 'right' side of the pond and let you struggle on your own.

I personally think your expectations are unreasonable. Immigration has never been something that can be planned down to the day, or even the week. I've been moving around the world since I was a child (ancient history) and it's always been this way. Just because you can download "War and Peace" in 5 seconds now does not mean that dynamic information can be accessed at will.
The year we applied, I looked it up; there were over 10 million visa applications that year. I know momma always said you were special, just none of us are *that* special.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Respectfully, while cruel... it's true. It also helps to understand that US immigration law is written specifically to keep non-USCs out of the US. It's that simple.

No, it isn't. The US (like any country) has a right to determine who enters and who doesn't. True, they may not always be able to do that, but it is their sovereign right to try.

Ian
It was exactly this "right" I was referring to.....Of course it is true that any country has the right to determine etc etc. It would be very strange if it wasn't. It is the level of xenofobia behind it which can make it " unworldly" and the way people think how they can treat other people the moment they are in the position to "determine".
It is not the law, it is the way people treat other people.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Inhuman?! Drama Queen much?

You want to know about primitive? I did this from an island in the middle of nowhere with virtually no internet and I managed to figure it out.

Rather than say it's human nature to make other suffer (that's what it looks like you wrote), I'd suggest, based on this group of people offering help and encouragement to each other, that humans are treating each other very well. But it is becoming very tempting to say, yeah, I'm on the 'right' side of the pond and let you struggle on your own.

I personally think your expectations are unreasonable. Immigration has never been something that can be planned down to the day, or even the week. I've been moving around the world since I was a child (ancient history) and it's always been this way. Just because you can download "War and Peace" in 5 seconds now does not mean that dynamic information can be accessed at will.
The year we applied, I looked it up; there were over 10 million visa applications that year. I know momma always said you were special, just none of us are *that* special.
It's very sweet you trust people so much..... I do too but only in this forum... Read Ian's comment! I have read that one several times on different sites and have the experience in other countries too how people in power (especially in immigration matters) can behave.
And I am not talking about just my-Drama-self: I hope more people will realize that this is behaviour we shouldn't encourage people to follow when they happen to be in the same position.....
Do you know the movie "Das Experiment"?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

cassia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all

Just a quick one and sorry if it has already been asked. My husband received his approval letter from USCIS on 10th June (we filed 14th Jan) but there is no sign of his case number yet? Has anyone who as filed before me or even after me received their case number?

Thanks
Lynne
Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynne, sounds like you will get it soon, there does not seem to be much order behind them being sent out, when did you receive the letter as we filed on the same day and i'm still waiting for an approval letter/rfe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.