Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by oliver22
Out of interest has anyone who filed after Jan 13th heard anything from the London/Rome embassy?
There has been a Feb filer who has been approved. But I would assume that their petition was processed by London, as they found out the result by contacting the embassy here. Perhaps only mid to end Jan filers were sent to Rome. And we still have to wait to hear from them. They did email us back to say that they're processing the petition and we'll receive a letter with their decision shortly.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
But I would assume that their petition was processed by London, as they found out the result by contacting the embassy here.
Not a safe assumption. They are all on the same computer system and can see the current status of a case. In fact you can call the Department of State in Washington and they can give you the current status of cases. Cheaper than calling the premium rate call center in Scotland.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ian, so it does not matter who processed our visa (london or Rome) if we call the Scottish call centre they will know if my visa has been processed/approved?
The only reason I ask is that its been about 3 weeks since the London embassy website stated visas filed when mine was had been processed
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:48 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian, so it does not matter who processed our visa (london or Rome) if we call the Scottish call centre they will know if my visa has been processed/approved?
The only reason I ask is that its been about 3 weeks since the London embassy website stated visas filed when mine was had been processed
The call center is an outside contractor and I don't know just how much access they have into the system. That said if Rome have updated the computer and it is a London case I would expect them to be able to see it. It will not say the visa has been approved, as that happens at your interview at the Embassy, but it will show the current status. This is only for visa applications, DCF I-130 applications are dealt with by USCIS and are not, to the best of my knowledge, on the D of S system.

All the Embassies use the same computer system and the D of S in Washington can certainly see who does what.

Sorry I think I have confused things here, by reading posts saying visa application which mean something completely different to an application to be classed as an immediate relative (DCF I-130), and be eligible to apply for a visa without waiting for a number to be allocated. The call center in Scotland, unless things have changed since I knew the staff at the London Embassy, do not have any access to the DCF applications. Once you have approval of your DCF application, then you apply for the visa and it is the latter which is tracked on the D of S computers. Again my apologies for confusing things

Last edited by lansbury; Jun 9th 2011 at 5:56 pm. Reason: added last paragraph
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

I spoke to a very nice gentleman at the London offices who informed me that my I-130 petition is being processed by Rome and they don't have any information on the status of the petition. In fact, he said that it is most likely that we will receive the decision by Rome before London get the info. A decision will be sent to us and the case will be sent back to London. As far as I'm aware, there isn't anybody else to call or email. The only option is to wait for the post and we should hear something in the next couple weeks.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thank Ian, mine is an I130 filed in London, my wife is in the states so I think I will ask her to call them. Would you know their number?
And thanks for the help
Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:08 pm

Thank Ian, mine is an I130 filed in London, my wife is in the states so I think I will ask her to call them. Would you know their number?
And thanks for the help
If you mean the D of S no point, they can't help with I-130 apps. PM me when you send in the visa application and I'll send you the number. They are more responsive to an American accent from a US number.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And thanks for the help
It might help you to get clear about what you are doing/where you are now.

Your US citizen spouse has filed a *petition* for you with the *USCIS* office which happens to be in London.

WHEN it is approved, you will be invited to apply for a visa. You have not yet applied for a visa. Visas are processed by a different government agency (not USCIS) called the Dept of State (DOS). They are represented to you by the US Consulate, in London. This facility is frequently called "the Embassy".

Calling the Dept of State now is useless; you do not yet exist to them.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of interest has anyone who filed after Jan 13th heard anything from the London/Rome embassy?
Yes, I filed on Feb 3 and found out (after emailing on June 6) that my petition was approved on June 1:
Your I-130 petition was approved on June 1, 2011; you should within the week receive the approval notification and specific instructions.

USCIS Field Office London
American Embassy / DHS / USCIS
No case number yet, though.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LadyElysium
You mail it to the same place you're sending everything else.

Here's more info:

http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

On my cover letter I wrote my case number, medical date, travel date, email address and included my phone number with a request that they contact me if they have any last minute cancellations I could possible fill as I'm only an hour from the Embassy.
thanks for that ladyElysium,

Do I just send Part 1 of the ds-230? do I take part 2 to the interview?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LuccaGirl
thanks for that ladyElysium,

Do I just send Part 1 of the ds-230? do I take part 2 to the interview?
The website says just Part 1, but I accidentally sent both parts. Then I received the letter from them a few days later that said to send both parts of DS-230 so if I were you I'd just send both. I've re-printed Part 2 and am planning to bring that with me on the day of the interview *just in case*, so you can always do that? :]
Old Jun 10th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Robandk did you email London or Rome?
Old Jun 11th 2011, 7:35 am
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed London and got a reply the same day, which was a little surprising, but great after such a wait for news. I've since tried following up with them re. the case number, but no joy so far.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

I understand the frustration of waiting to hear from Rome, I received only an automated email that my petition was forwarded to them so that it can be processed in a more timely manner. We really do just have to wait for a letter in the mail because there isn't anything else to do. London won't have any information to give you if Rome is processing the petition. And if I recall correctly, you're not quite at the 5 month mark. Perhaps you'll have something in the mail this coming week

Originally Posted by robandk
I emailed London and got a reply the same day, which was a little surprising, but great after such a wait for news. I've since tried following up with them re. the case number, but no joy so far.
I would imagine that you would still have to wait for your official approval in the mail as well as your case number which will be mailed. The USCIS transfer your case over once they've processed the I-130, as far as I'm aware, they aren't the ones issuing your case number. They can only tell you if they have passed it along or not.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

parkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to all

My Interview experience on Fri 10th June @ London Embassy.

Arrived at Paddington train station at 08:10 am, 5 minute taxi ride to Embassy.
My interview time was 09:00 am.
Waited outside in queue to be called in to be screened - waited about 5 mins.
Put watch, rings and sunglasses into clear plastic bag and was screened.
Was then allowed to put these back on....well not the sunglasses !!
Checked in at reception and received my ID number.

Got a coffee, sat down in hall waiting for my ID number to be called, was then called about 70 minutes later.

Went to window No 1, person was lovely, was asked for original Police Cert, Birth Cert, Marriage Cert plus copies, I-864 plus tax returns, evidence of assets being used and two passport photos.
I have to say that I cheekily handed two UK sized passport photos over which she readily accepted !
Was then asked to pay for the visa and then come back with receipt.

Sat down for about an hour and was then called for interview at Window 13.
Raised my right hand during the pledge and said 'I wont lie' !!
The lady doing the interview was again very nice.
Was asked where I met my wife, where we got married, Signed DS-230 Part II, a bit of small talk and that was that.

I must admit I was half expecting her to ask for a sponsor as the assets we were using included our apartment which we have not yet sold.
But on this occasion she was happy with the fact that the apartment was on the market, I had evidence of valuation, sale contract and the outstanding mortgage debt.
Anyway that was that, she wished me good luck and I bid her farewell.

Went and paid for my passport to be delivered by courier
Was outside of the embassy and on my way home @ 11:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.