World Cup

Old Jun 11th 2010, 3:55 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup

You've got to love it when the underdog, number 83 in the world, does so well against number 17.

Now if only the 14th can do as well and stick it to number 8 tomorrow it may help shut up some of the whining Sassenach complainers on this site.

Go USA.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
You've got to love it when the underdog, number 83 in the world, does so well against number 17.

Now if only the 14th can do as well and stick it to number 8 tomorrow it may help shut up some of the whining Sassenach complainers on this site.

Go USA.
#8's Argentina, innit?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

That was not a very good game. South Africa looked like school kids playing and they were lucky they didn't get hammered. And those incessant trumpets are really irritating as well. I thought the BBC were going to get FIFA to ban those for the World Cup?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
That was not a very good game. South Africa looked like school kids playing and they were lucky they didn't get hammered. And those incessant trumpets are really irritating as well. I thought the BBC were going to get FIFA to ban those for the World Cup?
Even assuming you're joking, I disagree. I thought it was very entertaining.

The SA goalie made a couple of superb saves but they should've had a penalty. Betcha tomorrow's match won't be so much fun.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

On another note the CBC analysis is just dreadful, they should stick talking about their crap sports and just put on the BBC or ITV feed.
Yawn......Keep in mind that Canada didn't qualify and that the BBC/ITV feed can be very jingoistic at times with the likes of twunts like Ian Wright and bland analysts like Alan 'King of the Geordie Nation' Shearer giving their indepth analysis. The commentary we are getting is from the 'world' feed in english with 'english' announcers...just not those annointed by the BBC/ITV.

Be thankful we don't only have the ESPN radio feed consisting of Tommy 'bulge in the old onion bag' Smyth.

Some people can never be pleased.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Even assuming you're joking, I disagree. I thought it was very entertaining.

The SA goalie made a couple of superb saves but they should've had a penalty. Betcha tomorrow's match won't be so much fun.
The game was played at a very poor level by both sides. I appreciate that the pressure of the opening match may have got to many of the players, but imo it was a crap game.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

those incessant trumpets are really irritating as well. I thought the BBC were going to get FIFA to ban those for the World Cup?
I agree with you there....I'd have the trumpets banned....however it may not be politically correct as those trumpets are part of SA footie 'culture'....apparently trumpets were given out to all ticket holders, so it may not be just for the SA games.... We'll have to see if the France/Uruguay game has loads of them.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The game was played at a very poor level by both sides. I appreciate that the pressure of the opening match may have got to many of the players, but imo it was a crap game.
I blame the ball. It's too bouncy.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Yawn......Keep in mind that Canada didn't qualify and that the BBC/ITV feed can be very jingoistic at times with the likes of twunts like Ian Wright and bland analysts like Alan 'King of the Geordie Nation' Shearer giving their indepth analysis. The commentary we are getting is from the 'world' feed in english with 'english' announcers...just not those annointed by the BBC/ITV.

Be thankful we don't only have the ESPN radio feed consisting of Tommy 'bulge in the old onion bag' Smyth.

I thought the game commentary was okay, although I think the commentator was biased to SA, but given it goes around the world it's not surprising. It's the CBC bits, before, at half time and the wrap up which is complete crap and its just shows how little understanding Canadians have for football.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:25 pm
Born again atheist

I thought the game commentary was okay, although I think the commentator was biased to SA, but given it goes around the world it's not surprising. It's the CBC bits, before, at half time and the wrap up which is complete crap and its just shows how little understanding Canadians have for football.
You're an expert on all this stuff. What's the earliest stage of the competition that North Korea could meet South Korea?

It'd make a great final.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:33 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged

hey now..no dissing alan shearer...even if he is a geordie
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

But commentary doesn't add anything to sport, it's just there to make the commentators important. As long as there has to be someone speaking I'd like in to be Don Cherry. Until then, will watch as many games as possible in pubs without sound.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:43 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Easily solved for you. Don't watch the CBC bits and your BP will much improve.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:45 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
But commentary doesn't add anything to sport, it's just there to make the commentators important. As long as there has to be someone speaking I'd like in to be Don Cherry. Until then, will watch as many games as possible in pubs without sound.
I disagree. Commentary when it's done well gives context and interpretation to events. Not everyone is an expert.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
#8's Argentina, innit?
Not according to FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking website. Argentina is #7 followed by England at #8.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.