Where is Siouxie?

Old Feb 25th 2022, 12:41 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is Siouxie?

Originally Posted by BEVS
...What I can say is that when someone is banned , be that a temp sit on the mat or a perm ban, there will have been a ban message giving the clear and full reason for the ban. There is recourse to that via the Contact Me form. Admin will then choose to - ignore - mediate - refuse - re-instate.

What I can also state is that perm bans are/or were considered a very last resort. The usual routine is to PM to mediate/ request moderation in a moderating & reasoning way ; then progress to a warning or 3 that there would/could be a sit out ; then a sit out on the naughty step - perhaps more than once and sometimes even several times - and then a final perm ban....
You know what?

All that sounds eminently sensible, were it to be implemented. Can't see anyone having too many gripes with that and only the terminally obtuse would get a ban of any sort that way.

Where do I sign?
Old Feb 26th 2022, 12:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you're talking about Siouxie, she reads the thread and is in contact with various posters by other social media. The channel is there.
Then perhaps, as per my other post, someone in contact could PM to Abner or Abner PM to them to send a message through these lines. I did suggest perhaps DandNHill as they mentioned a FB connection, but if there are more that are perhaps willing, then all the better.

It has just occurred to me that some might maybe think I have some sort of insider knowledge from one side or the other. 👀 I do not.

Old Feb 26th 2022, 2:07 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Then perhaps, as per my other post, someone in contact could PM to Abner or Abner PM to them to send a message through these lines. I did suggest perhaps DandNHill as they mentioned a FB connection, but if there are more that are perhaps willing, then all the better.

It has just occurred to me that some might maybe think I have some sort of insider knowledge from one side or the other. 👀 I do not.
If anyone wants to send me an email address, I'll pass it along. A couple of points though:

- that doesn't guarantee a reply
- internet feuds spilling into real life can get really weird, really quickly, a throwaway address might be prudent
- I don't know what any of this is about.
Old Feb 26th 2022, 6:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33
If anyone wants to send me an email address, I'll pass it along. A couple of points though:

- that doesn't guarantee a reply
- internet feuds spilling into real life can get really weird, really quickly, a throwaway address might be prudent
- I don't know what any of this is about.
Very kind and I rate kindness and altruism.
Also wise words Wise words indeed.
There is no dbd about you.