Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What you can't get in Canada

What you can't get in Canada

Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
he he - my daughters dog can be a bot of an escape artist - and takes himself to the park, across the main road from us - but he uses the zebra crossing!!
Ha ha thats cool, does he look left and right
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:23 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Ha ha thats cool, does he look left and right
apparently he waits til the cars stop!!

Some times i wish I had cctv to see how he gets out!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
Anyone, just 2 rolls of wall paper
I know you can get it via mail order what are you after sorry if you have already said
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by Karen1203
Hmmm the SPCA!! When I first moved to Cambridge I lived in an apartment for a while and outside there was a very large dumpster. One morning I went out to find 2 racoons trapped inside and I called them, they suggested I get a big board so they could "walk out". Do you know anyone who lives in an apartment that keeps a 6 foot piece of board! Sadly the racoons ended up being collected by the binmen later that morning!
That's shocking - they have no interest in helping wildlife here. I had a devil of a job finding humane mouse traps but got some at a garden centre in Niagara. I had to send for some from PETA here.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:31 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
That's shocking - they have no interest in helping wildlife here. I had a devil of a job finding humane mouse traps but got some at a garden centre in Niagara. I had to send for some from PETA here.
I have humane mouse traps - I had visitors in the garage - caught them - went to have a lokk and they jumped out and escaped again!!

had a larger visitor in the kitchen - big rat!!
Humane rat trap - £25 in Uk - rat poison - £2.00 -Sorry!! But didnt think I could have a live rat in a trap in the kitchen with my dogs - they would have got it out the trap and eaten it!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I have humane mouse traps - I had visitors in the garage - caught them - went to have a lokk and they jumped out and escaped again!!

had a larger visitor in the kitchen - big rat!!
Humane rat trap - £25 in Uk - rat poison - £2.00 -Sorry!! But didnt think I could have a live rat in a trap in the kitchen with my dogs - they would have got it out the trap and eaten it!!
We do what we have to do
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We do what we have to do
I am an animal lover but do draw the line at rats
We get the council in every autumn when the fields are harvested because they move into the garden and the garage barns etc, luckily they haven't come into the house as such although OH did find a dead one a few years ago in the attic

The rat man puts bait down in pipes etc where the dogs can't get it
I hate to kill any animal but they do spread disease.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:11 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
It's not really all that important, you know.

I had a similar argument with my brother when he was over recently. He was adamant that he wanted to go to Pottery Barn, where he'd been last time he came. I had, eventually, to shove the Yellow Pages in his face, just to prove that there is no branch of Pottery Barn anywhere near here.
OK i am now hanging my head in shame......you was right ( apologies ).
Maybe it was the Ralph Lauren i was getting mixed up with
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sans
Do they sell Ralph lauren at Home depot or are you just winding me up
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, they do. They even have taupe!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ah but its a better class of taupe
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:20 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sans
It was Ralph Lauren. I knew that all along.

I spend far too much time in Home Depot.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:22 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Would i Not in my nature to wind people up
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:23 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

And dark green and mustard
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:25 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Souvenir
It was Ralph Lauren. I knew that all along.

I spend far too much time in Home Depot.
Home depot or Home base ?????? Just kidding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.