Weight lost attempts

Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weight lost attempts

Breakfast- bowl of cereal 3 cups with 1/2 cup milk 1%

Lunch- I get up late so just an apple today.

Snack- 2 banan's and 2 apples.

Dinner a stuffed chicken breast with Swiss cheese and broccoli.**

1 cup broccoli

2 more apples before bed.

too much fruit, way too much cereal, not enough protein. You need protein for breakfast and lunch and more vegetables.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Not exactly healthy advice though you're just choosing a different disease path to follow..
Isn't weight loss about vanity rather than health though?

It seems to me that the whole gym going thing is a vain attempt to look like people who achieve their appearance by smoking and vomiting frequently. Rather than fuss about nuts and treadmills one may as well take the Kate Moss approach to having a body like Kate Moss; do some cocaine and Marlboro.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:43 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Not exactly healthy advice though you're just choosing a different disease path to follow..
Not really, no, but it's a bit of a toss-up.

Smoking is a foul habit that I have had for many years. I cough a bit in the morning but then it passes. The habit may or may not kill me.

When I gave up smoking, my weight went up to 13 stone. That is an awful lot on my frame. I felt like crap all the time.

I gave a blast of crap to one of my staff a couple of days ago. She's 25 and an occasional smoker. She got both barrels regarding my thinking. I hope she listens.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:57 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Couldn't agree more.....but it's soooo boring. The thing is you really need to up your exercise levels too. Get a pedometer (cheap as chips, look on line is the best place - mininabox has them for four or five dollars) and see how many steps you normally walk and then try to get to 7,000 steps or so and try to maintain it - the recommended amount is ten thousand steps a day, but I can't get that in...I live in a place the size of a handkerchief with a foul climate. Little changes are the thing...at work I take the stairs from the basement to the third floor every time I need a pee! Best of luck!
We've got an 'elf and safety fitness challenge at work presently & all got pedometers. I put mine on yesterday lunchtime and since it was a nice day went for a walk around a nearby lake - about 3km or so. Overall I did 5500 steps yesterday afternoon. I think I'd struggle to do 7k in a day and 10k (which I've also heard is a goal to strive for) seems like an impossibility. My biggest challenge in exercising (aside from being a lazy bastard who doesn't enjoy it) is finding the time. Between a busy job and two young kids it can be a challenge. But then thats just an excuse isn't it.

I'm another middle aged bloke who needs to lose 20 lbs or so and has a sweet tooth and drinks too much. We eat healthily enough at home but snacking is a killer. Plus the booze of course. That drinkaware site is sobering(!) reading. I don't binge often but do have a couple of drinks a day. That certainly adds up. Business travel can also be a problem as one just feels the need to eat and drink a lot. I got back from a two week trip to Asia last weekend and am trying to stay off the booze til the weekend at least!
Old Nov 6th 2014, 2:46 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
When I gave up smoking, my weight went up to 13 stone. That is an awful lot on my frame. I felt like crap all the time.
I've never smoked, tried in my mispent youth, waved one around occasionally to look sophisticated but just didn't like it.

dbd....I don't agree that weight loss is all vanity, but if it is.... what's wrong with a bit vanity?

Two years ago, I was at 59kgs, which is perfect for my frame, and I felt great, I moved like a woman half my age, and had confidence in spades. Two winters later, and it's a different story, I don't look that bad, but have gained 10 kgs and I don't feel like I'm the woman I want to be! I'm getting older, everything's going south, I'm never going to be called crumpet anymore (don't think I ever was) but I want to be the best I can be, and that's not vain.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 3:12 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never smoked, tried in my mispent youth, waved one around occasionally to look sophisticated but just didn't like it.

dbd....I don't agree that weight loss is all vanity, but if it is.... what's wrong with a bit vanity?

Two years ago, I was at 59kgs, which is perfect for my frame, and I felt great, I moved like a woman half my age, and had confidence in spades. Two winters later, and it's a different story, I don't look that bad, but have gained 10 kgs and I don't feel like I'm the woman I want to be! I'm getting older, everything's going south, I'm never going to be called crumpet anymore (don't think I ever was) but I want to be the best I can be, and that's not vain.
You girls are all the same. My missus considers herself to be a beached whale if she comes anywhere near 130lb. I'm reliably informed that her female co-workers regard her as a skinny bitch.

Being "curvy" seems to be quite the thing these days, judging from popular music. The girl who lives opposite me is quite pretty but, frankly, huge. Yet she gets a stream of slim, fit, boyfriends. There must be some sort of attraction. Either that, or she offers services I don't even want to think about.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 3:53 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
You girls are all the same. My missus considers herself to be a beached whale if she comes anywhere near 130lb. I'm reliably informed that her female co-workers regard her as a skinny bitch.

Being "curvy" seems to be quite the thing these days, judging from popular music. The girl who lives opposite me is quite pretty but, frankly, huge. Yet she gets a stream of slim, fit, boyfriends. There must be some sort of attraction. Either that, or she offers services I don't even want to think about.
Ewww...

I think for some people it is vanity, for me personally it's health. I have a horror of becoming a parent or grandparent who can't move without getting out of breath. I want to run with my kids and feel my best. I can't do that if I'm going to be overweight. More importantly I want to set a good example, I also have a fear that if I really gave in to my weaker self we would all look like whales and i don't that want for my kids. I think it can be a huge issue to try and avoid for your children.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 4:49 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... who wants fat kids? I blame the parents.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 5:19 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you want to gain weight simply smoke less, if you want to lose weight simply smoke more. Done.
Ermmmm...Rob Ford smoked.....
Old Nov 6th 2014, 5:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Ermmmm...Rob Ford smoked.....
Oh not joints, they give you the munchies. Don't smoke joints for weight control.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 5:48 am
Assimilated Pauper

Nothing but there's no point in thinking that fiddling with diet and exercise will make you look as you did back when Elton was married. Drugs and surgery are needed for that.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 6:39 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Nothing but there's no point in thinking that fiddling with diet and exercise will make you look as you did back when Elton was married. Drugs and surgery are needed for that.
If I take enough drugs, I can't see my reflection....so it sort of works.... I still feel like I did when Elton got married, and I can run about as fast, and I feel like life is ultimately good....and I think that would be harder if I was fat.....fat isn't fun.

I'm thinking of getting Oink surgically operated on! Why was he voted the best bit of male crumpet last year ladies? Even I voted for him...I want my vote back
Old Nov 6th 2014, 6:49 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Yeah... who wants fat kids? I blame the parents.
Yeah who wants their children to die before them? Ultimately today's obesity problem leads that way.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

This is today's run down. The types of food available at the moment are not too varied as we have to wait til next week to buy better foods, so just eating whats available.

The website I am using says I have a total of 2,500 calorie budget. All calories are from the nutrition info on packages except fruit which is from the website as the fruit has no calorie info on its packaging.

Breakfast/lunch (got up late so no need for 2 meals.)

Oatmeal 1 cup with 1/2 cup berries and 1 tsp cinnamon. 331 calories

Dinner:

lasagna for dinner 600 calories

Snacks:

Bagel, plain 190 calories

frozen yogurt 1/2 cup 130 calories

3 banana's 270

4 apples 310

Total 1,921 calories.

For beverages I only drank water so 0 liquid calories.

For reference I would in the past drink 4-6 cans of coke per day, and that alone was 900 calories a day.

I didn't attempt to eat any differently today for the most part, just kept track of what I was eating, and I may not actually be over eating, and could have been eating way too much candy and soda with their empty calories?

I know it's a lot of fruit, I am a snacker by nature and have trouble eating large meals at once because of the hiatal hernia issue, so that is why there are so many snack calories. And those 2 items are about the cheapest to get.

Website says I have 597 calories under, but it's bed time so no more food today.

The hernia when I eat large amount of food at once causes horrible acid reflux and pain but eating smaller amounts frequently helps prevent that issue.

I didn't "proper" exercise today, but was very active in the house, moved the furniture around, lots of cleaning, moved stuff to the store room. By the time I was done, it was dark, so tomorrow I am going to try doing my walking first thing in the day.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 6:23 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This is today's run down. The types of food available at the moment are not too varied as we have to wait til next week to buy better foods, so just eating whats available.

The website I am using says I have a total of 2,500 calorie budget. All calories are from the nutrition info on packages except fruit which is from the website as the fruit has no calorie info on its packaging.

s. And those 2 items are about the cheapest to get.

Website says I have 597 calories under, but it's bed time so no more food today.

The hernia when I eat large amount of food at once causes horrible acid reflux and pain but eating smaller amounts frequently helps prevent that issue.

I didn't "proper" exercise today, but was very active in the house, moved the furniture around, lots of cleaning, moved stuff to the store room. By the time I was done, it was dark, so tomorrow I am going to try doing my walking first thing in the day.
A 2500 calorie budget seems high, although posdible if you are very active.

You need a deficit of 500 calories (rule of thumb) to lose weight.

Typically, guys have a budget of 2000 and should consume only 1500 if following a low calorie diet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.