Weight lost attempts

Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:12 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weight lost attempts

Originally Posted by JamesM
Let's go back a step.

An apple is not nutritious???
If the juice is pressed out and left alone in cool place for a couple of months.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:31 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I should have written varied. *An* apple certainly is nutritious, even two is fine. Five is overkill. Too much sugar, as Lychee said. I should not have said nutritious though! I'm half asleep. :dunce:
I eat an apple a day- mainly because the vitamin B helps your body break down all the other foods.

I'm no nutrition expert though so I was just qualifying the rationale.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:32 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
If the juice is pressed out and left alone in cool place for a couple of months.
Interestingly cider is also gluten free!
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah sugar is my enemy and is something I am working on cutting out. I have mostly accomplished cutting out the refined sugars such as cookies, and candy bars, but then switch over to eat large amount of fruits mostly apples, Banana's and sometimes grapes when on sale.

Next step is indeed the cutting back of fruits to further reduce sugar intake. I suppose step down is better then stopping cold turkey?

Sugar is indeed something being watched, I have high blood sugar levels but not pre-diabetic but cutting back on sugar is indeed high on the list.

Walking is on the list, just have to get the water resistant jacket but luckily Wal-Mart has a cheap one that will do the job, wouldn't want to spend 5 hours outside in it, but should keep me dry enough for a 30-45 minute walk.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:48 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Fruit sugar is not so bad if you're eating the fruit (as opposed to juicing it). You get fibre and other nutrients and fruits can keep you feeling satiated plus give you energy for the intended walks. Unless your eating industrial quantities (or are already diabetic) I wouldn't get too hung up on them.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 12:07 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Shard
Fruit sugar is not so bad if you're eating the fruit (as opposed to juicing it). You get fibre and other nutrients and fruits can keep you feeling satiated plus give you energy for the intended walks. Unless your eating industrial quantities (or are already diabetic) I wouldn't get too hung up on them.
I agree.

If you need to snack it's probably the best thing.

My only other suggestion would be carrots and celery but they are pretty bland to me.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Putting in my food intake today into the website, it seems my issue likely stemmed from soda (have stopped drinking them) as I was easily drinking 2 liters a day at one point, along with candy and other processed snack foods.

Since those have been largely eliminated, I am hoping I'll see some results soon. I don't think I was over eating, i think I was over drinking and eating sugary non-satisfying junk food.

I guess I'll see in the coming months, website today say's I am aiming to hit my goal in September.

I am trying to get to 190 from 230 and then try and maintain from there.

My girlfriend want's to lose weight as well and she signed up for the website and is following a better diet as well.

Issue with her is she is bipolar and takes medication for it, and like most meds for bipolar it interferes with blood sugar levels and increases the feeling of hunger which is the reason she gained weight, but there is no option of coming off the medication as when she tried in the past her life fell apart as she goes manic within a couple weeks of going off medication.

She probably wont see a normal loss because of that, but any loss is healthy.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 4:46 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Calorie counting is 100% guaranteed to work for everyone regardless of circumstances, medical conditions or any other reason you can think of providing you can stick to it.

Get a set of kitchen scales and weigh your portions out properly rather than guessing how much or using cups. Keep track of it using my fitness pal or something similar and you should see results.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 5:21 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Putting in my food intake today into the website, it seems my issue likely stemmed from soda (have stopped drinking them) as I was easily drinking 2 liters a day at one point, along with candy and other processed snack foods.

Since those have been largely eliminated, I am hoping I'll see some results soon. I don't think I was over eating, i think I was over drinking and eating sugary non-satisfying junk food.

I guess I'll see in the coming months, website today say's I am aiming to hit my goal in September.

I am trying to get to 190 from 230 and then try and maintain from there.

My girlfriend want's to lose weight as well and she signed up for the website and is following a better diet as well.

Issue with her is she is bipolar and takes medication for it, and like most meds for bipolar it interferes with blood sugar levels and increases the feeling of hunger which is the reason she gained weight, but there is no option of coming off the medication as when she tried in the past her life fell apart as she goes manic within a couple weeks of going off medication.

She probably wont see a normal loss because of that, but any loss is healthy.
Bottom line is, don't be a fat ****.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:55 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Calorie counting is 100% guaranteed to work for everyone regardless of circumstances, medical conditions or any other reason you can think of providing you can stick to it.

Get a set of kitchen scales and weigh your portions out properly rather than guessing how much or using cups. Keep track of it using my fitness pal or something similar and you should see results.
Couldn't agree more.....but it's soooo boring. The thing is you really need to up your exercise levels too. Get a pedometer (cheap as chips, look on line is the best place - mininabox has them for four or five dollars) and see how many steps you normally walk and then try to get to 7,000 steps or so and try to maintain it - the recommended amount is ten thousand steps a day, but I can't get that in...I live in a place the size of a handkerchief with a foul climate. Little changes are the thing...at work I take the stairs from the basement to the third floor every time I need a pee! Best of luck!
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to gain weight simply smoke less, if you want to lose weight simply smoke more. Done.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:53 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you want to gain weight simply smoke less, if you want to lose weight simply smoke more. Done.
Very true. The only time I ever seriously gave up smoking (nine months), I piled the weight on very quickly.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:02 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Originally Posted by Souvy
Very true. The only time I ever seriously gave up smoking (nine months), I piled the weight on very quickly.
Not exactly healthy advice though you're just choosing a different disease path to follow..
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:07 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing that works for me is less food and booze and more exercise. Piece of cake (oops).
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:17 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
...you're just choosing a different disease path to follow..
That's what I meant with my "trading one thing for another" comment earlier.

(Sweeteners have their detractors but the benefits may outweigh** any issues)

** oh look, a pun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.