Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Using both a knife & fork when eating

Using both a knife & fork when eating

Old May 30th 2008, 10:40 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using both a knife & fork when eating

Originally Posted by G77
Now that is weird - I find it hard to cut a steak with a steak knife (with my left hand ).... Maybe I'd do better with the fork in my right hand?
see what i mean...you better start practising now.. or get a fork and sharpen the edges!! Where are you heading to??..im very nosey
Old May 30th 2008, 10:41 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
see what i mean...you better start practising now.. or get a fork and sharpen the edges!! Where are you heading to??..im very nosey
Windsor, ON area - which is practically yank land anyway
Old May 30th 2008, 10:43 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Windsor, ON area - which is practically yank land anyway
Were heading to Ontario as well...Welland to be exact!!...when do you go??
Old May 30th 2008, 10:44 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Were heading to Ontario as well...Welland to be exact!!...when do you go??
As soon as someone will buy this damn house :curse: Otherwise September by hook or by crook!
Old May 30th 2008, 10:48 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by G77
As soon as someone will buy this damn house :curse: Otherwise September by hook or by crook!
Were still waiting on our PPR request..:curse: and we've also to sell the damn house...but fingers crossed and all that it works out for both of us!! and hopefully the exchange rate will improve too
Old May 30th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Is it just me or have you noticed that the majority of people in this country only seem to use a fork when eating a sit down meal?

The fork is always in their right hand and they sometimes use the side of it to cut things with as well.

Only reason I'm asking is because my 5yr old has adopted this habit and I'm trying to explain to her the benefits of using both a knife and fork.

We were invited to dinner a few months ago and were handed a plate of spaghetti Bolognese with only a fork?? My Wife and I looked at each other and were both too embarrassed to ask for a knife as no one else was using one.

I struggle without a knife..
My boy friend (a typical Pom) uses fork And Spoon when he eats Spaghetti Bolognese. (when I made Spaghetti for the first time for him) I got the giggles when he asked me for a spoon?

Why on earth would you need a knife when you have spaghettie?

I don't undertand you....... and I don't understand my partner, either.

and.

I live in NZ not Canada so I don't know/for sure about "The fork is always in their right hand and they sometimes use the side of it to cut things"

not sure this is happening in NZ as well?,,,, hmm.... It's very interesting anyway....

I'd like to know what other people's thoughts are

Last edited by crap coffee; May 30th 2008 at 11:01 pm.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:00 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by crap coffee
My boy friend (a typical Pom) uses fork And Spoon when he eats Spaghetti Bolognese. (when I made Spaghetti for the first time for him) I got the giggles when he asked me for a spoon?

Why on earth would you need a knife when you have spaghettie?

I don't undertand you....... and I don't understand my partner, either.

and.

I live in NZ not Oz so I don't know/for sure about "The fork is always in their right hand and they sometimes use the side of it to cut things"

not sure this is happening in NZ as well?,,,, hmm.... It's very interesting anyway....

I'd like to know what other people's thoughts are

The world has gone mad...cutting things with forks and spoons...jeez it's the end of civilization as we know it
Old May 30th 2008, 11:01 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by G77
Come on mr G77...do you use a spoon to eat your spaghetti...huh huh
Old May 30th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

The world has gone mad...cutting things with forks and spoons...jeez it's the end of civilization as we know it

WHy would you need Spoon for Spahgetti!!!! ?

I do not understand him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's come from Ledbury, England. Maybe it's their own tradition (a small town syndrome )?

or his parents taught him like that way when he was a kid? his both parents are English!

Last edited by crap coffee; May 30th 2008 at 11:06 pm.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:03 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Come on mr G77...do you use a spoon to eat your spaghetti...huh huh
Just a fork, spoons are for deserts!
Old May 30th 2008, 11:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77
There are also forks for pie and cake.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:07 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Fair point Steve - no surprise that you surface soon as deserts are mentioned
Old May 30th 2008, 11:07 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by G77
oh your soo luck....you've redeemed yourself in style
Old May 30th 2008, 11:08 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Steve_P
have you brought some??? pie or spoons??
Old May 30th 2008, 11:08 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77
Fair point Steve - no surprise that you surface soon as deserts are mentioned
You know me too well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.