British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Teatime Choices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/teatime-choices-726714/)

Oink Apr 15th 2012 3:01 am

Re: Teatime Choices

Having little shish kebabs, cheese lumps, gyoza, stuffed mushrooms and mini quiches courtesy of UCLA, now to decide if Cal Berkeley or Wisconsin will have better nibbles. Might check out both. :thumb up: Its a good job they don't have free drinks as I was somewhat led astray last night by a wandering goliard.

Oink Apr 15th 2012 3:38 am

Mini sliders, chicken satay skewers, some kind of samosa things and shrimps. Top drawer Wisconsin. :thumb up: I might make Michigan now but I got a text saying they've eaten most of the food. :(

The4BellsLondon Apr 15th 2012 5:44 am

Oooooh last night I was at the VIP do for the Sun Run with all the hob nibs and elite runners at The Hyatt dahntahn - v nice lil salads in cocktail glasses , loads of nice cheese, risotto balls, fruit and so much booze!

MillieF Apr 23rd 2012 5:41 pm

St. George's Day, time for something British! (Also, it's blowing a bloody gale and the rain is coming down like stair rods). Toad in the Hole - I've just made the batter, yum yum.

snowcandy Apr 23rd 2012 5:52 pm

26 degrees today in Alberta so another BBQ tonight :thumbup:

Homemade lamb burgers with spicy yoghurt sauce, moroccan couscous and salad and a few beers.

Life is good.......:thumbsup:

The4BellsLondon Apr 23rd 2012 6:17 pm

ST Georges so going Polynesian Lebanese tonight!

Oink Apr 26th 2012 5:12 am

After the trauma of the soggy breaded chicken wings last week my faith in the land of opportunity is restored. Admittedly not as many choices of flavours of our Nova Scotlan adventurers but I had two superb orders of hot wings at Earls for my tea tonight. All washed down with a couple of rather cheeky pale ales. :thumbup:

el_richo Apr 26th 2012 5:25 am

I christened my new Weber with a couple of Rib Eyes, and oil brushed asparagus, peppers, and courgette. In the oven I did a couple of line caught salmon. All topped off with mashed potato, sweet potato, and carrot.

For afters everybody tucked into puddings from Whole Foods

A fine feast :nod:

Oink Apr 26th 2012 5:34 am

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 10026188)
I christened my new Weber with a couple of Rib Eyes, and oil brushed asparagus, peppers, and courgette. In the oven I did a couple of line caught salmon. All topped off with mashed potato, sweet potato, and carrot.

For afters everybody tucked into puddings from Whole Foods

A fine feast :nod:

Did you catch them yourself?

el_richo Apr 26th 2012 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10026196)
Did you catch them yourself?

Oh good god no. My Father In Law did the hard work. I just took it out of the freezer, chopped it up and removed bones :thumbup:

I've only fished once in my life many many years ago. I caught a passing duck and never tried again. very traumatic.

The4BellsLondon Apr 26th 2012 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 10027021)
Oh good god no. My Father In Law did the hard work. I just took it out of the freezer, chopped it up and removed bones :thumbup:

I've only fished once in my life many many years ago. I caught a passing duck and never tried again. very traumatic.

just spat me tea across the keyboard!! poor duck!

el_richo Apr 26th 2012 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 10027171)
just spat me tea across the keyboard!! poor duck!

It was on the Norfolk Broads. I cried. My dad laughed. The duck was angry :(

Oink Apr 28th 2012 6:08 am

I had a light tea of a couple of sardine sandwiches in the sauce of my nan's recipe.

The4BellsLondon Apr 28th 2012 6:26 am

Re vamped curry house on The Drive - siddathas - nothing special . But sneaky Aubergine in something - I know look pregnant :( I like Aubergine but it doesn't like me :( ouch !

snowcandy Apr 28th 2012 7:12 am

First visit to Paros on Main Street Airdrie- I know it looks like a rundown Greek Taverna, the kind of place you might see on a tatty UK seafront, but was well impressed. The food was excellent, huge portions, good value and great atmosphere even if the decor is a bit dated. Can recommend the Flaming Cheese starter, but quite scary (and rather warm) if you happen to be sat next to the waiter when he ignites it!! :eek:

However not sure that belly dancing is authentic Greek entertainment, us ladies found it more amusing watching the hubbies not quite knowing where to look, lol :rofl: