British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Teatime Choices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/teatime-choices-726714/)

AllyS Feb 2nd 2012 2:34 am

Re: Teatime Choices

We had omlette cooked by my hubby.

Oink Feb 2nd 2012 3:05 am

We had one those emaciated roast chickens but we got at it at a posh supermarket so it cost double than the ones at Safeways. Then we had something called edumae for our veg which as far as I could tell were just expensive peas.

gillyd65 Feb 2nd 2012 2:21 pm

quick tea tonight so:
ciabatta sliced, drizzle with good quality olive oil, crushed garlic, sliced tomato, topped with sliced chorizo and grated mozzarella/cheddar cheese (not the glow in the dark orange one!) pop under the grill for a couple of mins. serve with green salad. voila!

Chookie Feb 2nd 2012 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9879404)
We had one those emaciated roast chickens but we got at it at a posh supermarket so it cost double than the ones at Safeways. Then we had something called edumae for our veg which as far as I could tell were just expensive peas.

Actually edamame are fresh soy beans... they do look a bit like peas though.

We had homemade baked beans, jacket potato and salad last night

Tonights is going to be something like an omelette

Almost Canadian Feb 2nd 2012 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chookie (Post 9880243)
Actually edamame are fresh soy beans... they do look a bit like peas though.

We had homemade baked beans, jacket potato and salad last night

Tonights is going to be something like an omelette

Do they taste similar to the "British" version or the "Canadian" version?

TimandLottie Feb 2nd 2012 3:58 pm

We'll be having chorizo, spinach, chickpea and tomato soup with bread :)

dollface Feb 2nd 2012 8:28 pm

Doing a chicken stir fry tonight.

Chookie Feb 2nd 2012 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 9880301)
Do they taste similar to the "British" version or the "Canadian" version?

They taste like MY version of baked beans (no artificial additives for one thing)...

And they are yummy, which is the entire reason I make them.

Tonights dinner - home made "Super cheesy, vegetabaly, baconny mac and cheese " for the kids.

Mr Chookie and I will scavenge in the fridge when we get home from a meeting we have to go to.

Flogger Feb 5th 2012 12:30 am

Didn't have time for tea yesterday, as we went straight down the pub. Luckily they had a jar off pickled eggs on the bar:thumbup:

Oink Feb 5th 2012 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 9884179)
Didn't have time for tea yesterday, as we went straight down the pub. Luckily they had a jar off pickled eggs on the bar:thumbup:

There was bar in Oregon that used to sell a bowl of little hotdogs called 'little smokies'. They very very tasty and the beer was only $1.00 a glass.

Tonight I'm treating myself to a steak as I sort of missed by tea last night as I went to the pub as well. :thumbup:

dollface Feb 5th 2012 5:01 pm

Roast chicken dinner for us tonight.

justkidding Feb 5th 2012 5:12 pm

Roast chicken, beef, pork, etc. is our usual Sunday dinner in winter. Barbecue in summer.

Today we are going to a Superbowl party - pizza, wings, and beer.:thumbsup:

Chookie Feb 6th 2012 3:35 am

Homemade pizza (spinach, onion, olives) and garlic bread for us... with a nice salad on the side.

And a dairy free choc mousse for pud.

Oink Feb 6th 2012 4:13 am

When I got back from fishing and we had a smorgasbord of tv snacks. Jolly good stuff and we caught the tail end of the American football final. I didn't know what was happening but everyone seemed like they were having a bit of a laugh. Isn't that what its all about and stuff?

NSWP Feb 6th 2012 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 9884179)

Not in OZ, never seen pickled eggs in oz. First thing I will look for in UK on 27/4..gluten free pork pie and some pickled eggs !:p:fingerscrossed: