Teatime Choices

Old Apr 5th 2020, 10:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I made a 'power bowl' using half a packet of pre-cooked brown rice and quinoa as the base, then stir frying / steaming some yellow peppers, broccoli, onion, green beans and shrimp (still prawns to me, lol) and then making a mixture of sirachi and thai sweet chilli sauce with a bit of water, over the top. It was really good.. never made it before, but I was in a hurry and threw it together.
Chili's good for the blood. I'm still thinking about what I want to make.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 1:43 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 6th 2020, 3:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Lamb stew. Not much lamb. Mostly veg and pearl barley.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 4:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken cacciatore. Smells so nice
Old Apr 6th 2020, 1:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Chicken cacciatore. Smells so nice
Chicken Chasseur sounds more posh
Old Apr 6th 2020, 2:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Chicken Chasseur sounds more posh

Differences though in the way the French, Italians and English (Hunters Chicken) make it.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 4:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Differences though in the way the French, Italians and English (Hunters Chicken) make it.
This is my method
Spoiler:

Old Apr 9th 2020, 8:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to call it an early supper, as per Canada's Food Guide, battered sausage and chips and peas with Big Rock Scotch Ale.

Old Apr 10th 2020, 12:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Fish pie using warehou fish with plenty of potato and veg to stretch it out.
Home made bread.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 12:34 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Thai red chicken curry with jasmine rice.
Old Apr 11th 2020, 2:12 pm
Concierge

In lieu of our usual Easter Sunday family gathering I made everyone a roast lamb dinner with 6 varieties of veggies, gravy and mint sauce, will leave them on the various doorsteps in the morning. I made one for scouse and I too Was too tired to cook dinner for tonight so we just had BLTs and a fresh peach after.
Old Apr 11th 2020, 2:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

In lieu of our usual Easter Sunday family gathering I made everyone a roast lamb dinner with 6 varieties of veggies, gravy and mint sauce, will leave them on the various doorsteps in the morning. I made one for scouse and I too Was too tired to cook dinner for tonight so we just had BLTs and a fresh peach after.
How nice! I'm impressed. Last night (Friday) I had soy chicken with peppers and rice, and there's leftovers so there may be some chicken salad sandwiches on the horizon. As with the eggs, that is a place to sneak in a little curry powder.
Old Apr 11th 2020, 2:29 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by caretaker
How nice! I'm impressed. Last night (Friday) I had soy chicken with peppers and rice, and there's leftovers so there may be some chicken salad sandwiches on the horizon. As with the eggs, that is a place to sneak in a little curry powder.
Thanks, it was hard work but worth it. You're the breakfast/lunch/dinner guru Curried chicken sandwiches - something else to try that I haven't yet!
Old Apr 11th 2020, 2:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Curried chicken sandwiches - something else to try that I haven't yet!
Chicken salad; I chop it up with some onion and the bit of lettuce I want to use up and mix up with mayo and a bit of curry powder.
I never used to put lettuce in egg salad or chicken salad, but then I did a bunch of work in an older, stately part of town and over time was fed lunch by an assortment of widows and matrons, and those sandwiches were their mainstays for feeding tradesmen, and they used chopped lettuce.
Old Apr 11th 2020, 3:44 pm
Oscar nominated

Curried chicken sandwiches - something else to try that I haven't yet!
I keep meaning to try that - Coronation Chicken? - after the curried egg experiment.

Maybe in a few days if there's any turkey left. Except it won't be chicken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.