Some updates.

Old Oct 3rd 2018, 12:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some updates.

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
The young guy that works for me is 7 feet tall. He takes a size 22 shoe! It totally drives him mad when everyone asks him how tall he is and did he play basket ball.

I make sure a lot of our Lab supplies are on high shelves for him to reach without bending in half.

I could not imagine being that tall, bad enough at 6'4 and some change, even at my height I am asked if I played basket ball, nope never did, do not have the skill level necessary...........

Oh and Bristol, nah no next time, but more for others not to wait too long if they have any thought they may want a child or nature may catch up and say no no no. Well unless of course you have $$ for IVF then there are more options of course.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 2:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I could not imagine being that tall, bad enough at 6'4 and some change, even at my height I am asked if I played basket ball, nope never did, do not have the skill level .
He played in college for a while but he didn't want to be crippled up by the time he was in his thirties. He has knee problems because of his height. Is that part of your knee problem?
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 3:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

He played in college for a while but he didn't want to be crippled up by the time he was in his thirties. He has knee problems because of his height. Is that part of your knee problem?
Not sure about the knees height could be part of it along with years on a job working in a small space requiring one to be on their knees.

My dad tried to get me to play basketball, but I have poor hand eye coordination so sports for the most part was not something I was any good at and I dont like competitions, so competitive sports wasn't exactly something i even had an interest in, but I also sucked at sports which kept me from wanting to play sports.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 3:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

He has knee problems because of his height.
We know a lovely chap knocking around 6'10" . He has hip , knee and back probs because of this. Hips cause him the most probs.

Husband is a shorty at 5'5" and also has back and knee probs. That's not from being short though . That's from the 45yrs working at his trade .

Both do exercises & fitness to help strengthen & they do enjoy a good old ouch and ow together.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

Being too tall also apparently increases ones chance at heart problems, according to a doctor I saw once anyhow.

pros and cons, biggest con is not being able to comfortably fit in airplanes anymore, they have reduced leg room to a point, I am just not comfortable, only part of the plane that I can stay comfortable enough is economy plus (insert whatever name the airline uses for their roomier economy rows) which is doable sometimes as the price isn't always that much higher vs regular economy, or of course first class, but that is usually well out of my league.

One of the reasons I try and not to take long flights these days.

Cars are the same, we could not afford a larger then a Mazda 2, and I so did not fit in that car, seat all the way back on the passenger side and my knees still touched and were crammed into the dash board area, drivers side was better, but because of how the car is built + height there were blind spots that made left turns more difficult, blind spots that did not exist for my 5'5 wife.

One reason I got the scooter (since been sold) was due to it being the only type of vehicle we could afford that would provide leg room and better view of surroundings....

Random bit about Amazon, we didn't renew our prime membership for 2018, and not having prime does seem to make a difference in buying habits.

2016-38 orders

2017 39 orders

2018 7 orders to date.

I am not sure, but I don't think simply saying "Good" to ones daughter when she tells a parent she cannot have kids is an appropriate response.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

#2 its not much different in BC with regards to admission to hospital and staying in hospital, just the province is paying vs private insurance. Its also difficult to get aftercare once released.

# 3 Same in BC and much of Canada, few therapists are trained, and cost is prohibitive to all but the wealthy, people are denied proper care due to not being wealthy.
Old Oct 7th 2018, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I think isolation and lack of friends and family really takes a toll on mental health.

I do think condo/apartment living turns people less social, surrounded by people yet people don't know their neighbors. I do say hi to people I may run into in the hall or elevator, usually wont get a reply, like people these days have no interest in talking to others.

Oh well nothing that can be done, when people hate you, they hate you.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 7th 2018 at 8:45 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

J

How often do you go out and walk around, go to the nearest park and just sit on a park bench for a time??

I have a 78 year old friend who sits on a bench in the local park for hours on days when it is fine, even in winter (well wrapped up). She's always talking abut meeting new people and having long chats to them.

My then-68 year old father spent hours sitting a park bench when he visited here, and found the same.

It would get you out of the house and some social contact!

As for that comment by a mother ....... mothers make all sorts of comments. I was ever thankful that my mother-in-law (my mother was dead) never ever asked "and when are you going to have children?" or "Isn't it time you had a child?". My poor daughter was not so lucky with her m-i-l ............... until she finally succeeded in getting pregnant (naturally) at age 36.

Then the question became "when are you having another child?"

That's pressure for you!!
Old Oct 8th 2018, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I think isolation and lack of friends and family really takes a toll on mental health.

I do think condo/apartment living turns people less social, surrounded by people yet people don't know their neighbors. I do say hi to people I may run into in the hall or elevator, usually wont get a reply, like people these days have no interest in talking to others.

Oh well nothing that can be done, when people hate you, they hate you
This doesn't only apply to people living in apartments and has nothing o do with people hating or not hating you.

When I was able to walk around, I found that most of the people in this single family residential area wouldn't respond to Hi, or would at the most nod back.

Most people are walking around with their heads down, looking at that stupid device in their hand .......... they're more involved with the internet and making sure they don't miss any texts than they are in their surroundings. People and things around them might as well not exist ..... until they walk into a person, or a lamp post, or fall down or up a step! Then they blame you or the object for being in their way!

It isn't YOU, it is THEM.

They don't know you or me ........... so how can they hate us?

We have just come back from a week in Jasper, in mostly glorious weather ........ deep blue sky, sun, snow sparkling on the mountains and in some of the higher valleys. Guess how many people kept their eyes off their machines all of the time when touring around???

That's right ........ most of them could not resist looking to see who was texting them, easy to tell when they are looking down at their hand instead of holding the device up to the window to take a photo or video!

I only wish that I could go out for the walks that I used to do every day, but I can't.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scilly
J

How often do you go out and walk around, go to the nearest park and just sit on a park bench for a time??

I have a 78 year old friend who sits on a bench in the local park for hours on days when it is fine, even in winter (well wrapped up). She's always talking abut meeting new people and having long chats to them.

My then-68 year old father spent hours sitting a park bench when he visited here, and found the same.

It would get you out of the house and some social contact!

As for that comment by a mother ....... mothers make all sorts of comments. I was ever thankful that my mother-in-law (my mother was dead) never ever asked "and when are you going to have children?" or "Isn't it time you had a child?". My poor daughter was not so lucky with her m-i-l ............... until she finally succeeded in getting pregnant (naturally) at age 36.

Then the question became "when are you having another child?"

That's pressure for you!!

A few times a day if its not rainy, if its raining I wont usually go out, not very enjoyable to be walking around in the rain getting soaked...

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 8th 2018 at 8:38 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 9:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I could not imagine being that tall, bad enough at 6'4 and some change, even at my height I am asked if I played basket ball, nope never did, do not have the skill level necessary...........

Oh and Bristol, nah no next time, but more for others not to wait too long if they have any thought they may want a child or nature may catch up and say no no no. Well unless of course you have $$ for IVF then there are more options of course.
You sure you weren't being handed a line. Both my daughters got pregnant the first time when they 37. The eldest got pregnant for the third time when she was 42.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
You sure you weren't being handed a line. Both my daughters got pregnant the first time when they 37. The eldest got pregnant for the third time when she was 42.

Well we have not used birth control in 5 years and have not had a pregnancy at all in that time frame, so its not looking good for a pregnancy to ever happen naturally at this point and based on the test results.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 1:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, JS, perhaps the trick is to tell each other you don't want a baby and then see what happens. Mother Nature you know likes to have her fun with us.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 1:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have not used birth control in 5 years and have not had a pregnancy at all in that time frame, so its not looking good for a pregnancy to ever happen naturally at this point and based on the test results.
Never say never My friend tried for 7 years before finally deciding to give up - and she promptly became pregnant.. 3 times in 4 years! My first husband and I 'tried' for 5 years with no joy.. then I decided to read up on 'non-contraceptive' birth control.. and do the opposite! It took a bit of time but I did eventually manage to conceive using that method (I focused on timing and female secretion changes - which indicate when ovulation is taking place, lol) .. perhaps worth considering, if you get to wanting to try something different.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 2:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter had first at 39, 2nd due in December and she is 41.

Sometimes it just happens with no explanation or medical help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.