Some updates.

Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some updates.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am on the waiting list at a school for a program.

Still working on getting all the items the school want's, the biggest issue that held me back was obtaining my high school transcripts, but they have since been requested.

(The issue was the schools in the area of California my high school is in are not open from Mid June to last week of August, so there was nobody I could contact until the school reopened but they have mailed off the transcripts.)

So hopefully I can get in for the 2018 intake.

And we may possibly in the future not be tied permanently to BC, but too early to know.
Good news. for you. (not literally, that would make my life very complicated).
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I make now per hour what the job I was considering taking training for pays, and being that job is healthcare all the jobs are part-time casual from my research, so I appear to be better off staying at the airport for now until I can figure out what type of training to go for that will lead to a wage that will permit us to move and eventually have a house.

The tricky part is figuring out what type of training to go for, it's difficult to pick something and trying to figure out what training I can do and pass that will lead to a decent wage.

Right now I am working so much, there isn't anyway to get back to school for upgrading, so next fall hopefully my wife can work again and I'll be able to work less, I can't go to part-time at the moment at work, and with my shift beings all day (12 to 12) there isn't any way to fit in part-time classes either based on the school schedules, I would be late for work everyday.

I did think about distance, but I tried that about 10 years ago and it was a major fail, I really need the structure of a classroom.

So for now I will stay at the airport.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 7:14 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Did you take AC up on his amazingly kind offer?
Old Dec 4th 2017, 7:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...Right now I am working so much...
Don't work yourself into the ground.

Sometimes you just have to do what's best in the circumstances rather than what you want.

My stepdaughter wanted to go to Uni. With part scholarship and my financial support that would have been well underway but for her mum's long illness and disability and eventual death.

She's now a retail worker. I still hope she can find the kind of "support" working role she woulld prefer, but it's all working well enough for now.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Did you take AC up on his amazingly kind offer?

I wasn't able to as I didn't get into a program/school I had applied to, I was wait listed as I applied late and they were full, and I am still on the wait-list but next intake isn't until fall 2018.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Don't work yourself into the ground.

Sometimes you just have to do what's best in the circumstances rather than what you want.

My stepdaughter wanted to go to Uni. With part scholarship and my financial support that would have been well underway but for her mum's long illness and disability and eventual death.

She's now a retail worker. I still hope she can find the kind of "support" working role she woulld prefer, but it's all working well enough for now.
I am trying not to...lol... I would prefer to work less, but eh we need to pay rent...
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:41 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on getting to the pay scale you wanted. It might be in a different job from what you thought it might be but this is working out for you.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 12:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A somewhat secure job with a wage you're happy(ish) with is great. Hope things stay levels and you can continue making plans.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bats
Congratulations on getting to the pay scale you wanted. It might be in a different job from what you thought it might be but this is working out for you.
I've generally always done well when working at airports and around airplanes, suppose if your doing something you have an interest in, it's not as bad, more like being paid for your hobby...lol

Probably would do well working in a public aquarium as well if I could work with the fish and animals, however a relevant degree is needed in sciences.

We thought about moving to Atlantic Canada as my company has some bases there, but the wage is a lot lower due to different labor market and more employer market where in Vancouver it's an employees market so our wages are higher, and without my wife having disability there, I could not make enough to pay the bills and rent even with rents being lower there, so for now we stay put in Vancouver.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 5th 2017 at 1:59 am.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

@JSmith, I really like reading your posts and you are so humble considering your life and situation.

Since money is a major concern, do you know what training you can do in your budget and time?

As been mentioned before, plenty of IT courses online and for free. Find some meetup groups local, if you have the time when they are running. It is still worth considering, unless it is not something you have any interest in.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats too @JSmth
Old Dec 5th 2017, 2:09 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I've generally always done well when working at airports and around airplanes, suppose if your doing something you have an interest in, it's not as bad, more like being paid for your hobby...lol

Probably would do well working in a public aquarium as well if I could work with the fish and animals, however a relevant degree is needed in sciences.

We thought about moving to Atlantic Canada as my company has some bases there, but fzthe wage is a lot lower due to different labor market and more employer market where in Vancouver it's an employees market so our wages are higher, and without my wife having disability there, I could not make enough to pay the bills and rent even with rents being lower there, so for now we stay put in Vancouver.
You havedone well. You have a home, a loving wife, a cute dog, a paying full time job. Congratulate yourself and appreciate your achievements.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

We are probably moving to a small town up north. We cant survive in Vancouver and its catching up to us fast.

No really wanting to but only option left as any reasonable sized city in the southern part of BC is expensive now.

I hate small towns as there is nothing to do in them, and just not fun but nothing else we can do.

I am finding I am going down hill mental health wise.

I spent the last year trying to get treatment but its all cost prohibitive.

I honestly see no future at this point.
Old Mar 31st 2018, 3:27 pm
limey party pooper

We are probably moving to a small town up north. We cant survive in Vancouver and its catching up to us fast.

No really wanting to but only option left as any reasonable sized city in the southern part of BC is expensive now.

I hate small towns as there is nothing to do in them, and just not fun but nothing else we can do.

I am finding I am going down hill mental health wise.

I spent the last year trying to get treatment but its all cost prohibitive.

I honestly see no future at this point.

Sometimes JSmith I just want to shake you and stamp my feet!

First of all for Quesnel

https://www.northernhealth.ca/YourHe...ddictions.aspx

It doesn't look that small a town to me and it has plenty of facilities with things to do. What do you want to do? What activities?

Look on,one at the towns webpage, also look at the various Quesnel based Facebook pages that there are to find out what's going on there.

How did you come to chose this place? Have you looked for accommodation yet? A job? I see a couple in Facebook that might suit you.

If you feel you are sinking into a mental health crisis then go to Emerge as they will have someone on call to help.
Old Mar 31st 2018, 3:52 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few jobs on the indeed site, not a lot but a few. The Rocky Mountaineer goes through there, you could call them and ask for HR, tell them you're thinking of moving to Quesnel and always wanted to work on the train.
https://www.rockymountaineer.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.