Revolted.

Old May 30th 2014, 10:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Revolted.

Originally Posted by iaink
I think you will find that the ones sending pics of dismembered fetuses are the ones who are not so in favour of choice.

But that is one reality of abortion, so why sugar coat it.
I am not saying they should sugarcoat it however, what gives them the right to potentially expose young children to that visual?

My point is not whether the act is right or wrong, it's that they shouldn't be allowed to put that in someones letter box where a child could see it.

Funny isn't it - if it had been of two people making a baby they would have insisted it have stickers over the offending parts or else be wrapped in paper - but it's fine to allow a child to potentially see this.

Old May 30th 2014, 11:00 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I am not saying they should sugarcoat it however, what gives them the right to potentially expose young children to that visual?

My point is not whether the act is right or wrong, it's that they shouldn't be allowed to put that in someones letter box where a child could see it.

Funny isn't it - if it had been of two people making a baby they would have insisted it have stickers over the offending parts or else be wrapped in paper - but it's fine to allow a child to potentially see this.

I would go further. I wouldn't want to see that as an adult and I think there should be limitations on what can be posted through a letterbox or an email for that matter, without some kind of warning. Not everyone has the same level of visual tolerance.
Old May 30th 2014, 11:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
And I think Id prefer to see a picture of Kelly Brooks tits and ass rather than an aborted body or pieces.
What's your name? Ultrarunner?
Old May 30th 2014, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

I find this particularly sick. This is an extremely difficult decision to make. The fantasy peddled by these morons is that abortions are just to get overly friendly women out of a scrape. This really makes my blood boil.

This is a sensitive issue at the best of times. My girlfriend is due to have an abortion next week. This has been a heart wrenching discission for the both of us. I have not slept properly for about a month now amongst other problems.

Basing your entire world view on a book that was written about 800 years after most of the content was supposed to happen is idiotic at best. Religion is and always has been a tool with which to control the weak minded and desperate people of the world. It is nothing but an evil device that the world would be better off without. Religion is responsible for more deaths than abortion ever will be.
Old May 31st 2014, 12:03 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201

Basing your entire world view on a book that was written about 800 years after most of the content was supposed to happen is idiotic at best. Religion is and always has been a tool with which to control the weak minded and desperate people of the world. It is nothing but an evil device that the world would be better off without. Religion is responsible for more deaths than abortion ever will be.
Amen. But I think the book was cobbled together a couple of centuries after the said events.

I hope your girlfriend and you manage all right.
Old May 31st 2014, 12:37 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Amen. But I think the book was cobbled together a couple of centuries after the said events.

I hope your girlfriend and you manage all right.
I don't think religion is inherently linked to opposition to abortion. And of course there's a middle ground somewhere between no abortions ever, ever and no reasons needed.
Old May 31st 2014, 1:01 am
Yo

Originally Posted by bats
I don't think religion is inherently linked to opposition to abortion. And of course there's a middle ground somewhere between no abortions ever, ever and no reasons needed.
Agree.
Old May 31st 2014, 1:48 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Siouxie,
A quick question. You mentioned the leaflet said something about your local MP, what exactly did it say? I'm taking a guess the MP in question is pro choice, and therefore the leaflet was something along the lines of "This is what <insert name of MP> believes in".

I wonder who the other candidates in the area are, and wether they sanctioned this advert, one would like to think that political attack ads have not sunk this low.

I think people do probably understand what actually happens when you have an abortion, and what the end result may well look like. The problem is, well to me at least, is that people don't want it rubbed in their faces. Ah, but if you don't do that, they don't know, we're educating people. Hmm, perhaps, but I personally don't feel that's the right way to do it. What is? truthful answer, I don't know.
Old May 31st 2014, 1:53 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I don't agree with the second part. There's no middle ground between a women having the absolute right to choose not to become a mother (at that time, again or whatever) and the imposition of religionist and genderist prohibition or limitation of that right.

On the first part, No, religion isn't inherently linked to opposition to abortion, only some religions are. Idiocy isn't inherently linked to opposition to abortion either, but often is.

The main thing that is linked to opposition to a woman having the right to choose whether or not to become a mother (perhaps again) is male failure to recognize that women are at least the equal of men.

Last edited by Novocastrian; May 31st 2014 at 1:56 am.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:04 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus

I think people do probably understand what actually happens when you have an abortion, and what the end result may well look like. The problem is, well to me at least, is that people don't want it rubbed in their faces. Ah, but if you don't do that, they don't know, we're educating people. Hmm, perhaps, but I personally don't feel that's the right way to do it. What is? truthful answer, I don't know.
Wouldn't it be the case that, if you knew there was a potential human growing inside you and you decided that it was necessary for you to undergo an invasive surgical procedure to prevent it becoming a person, you'd know that's a messy business? You likely wouldn't do that lightly nor be swayed in your decision by any sort of graphic picture. You wouldn't need educating about what was happening to you.

It seems to me that the target of this "education" isn't the person having the abortion but her neighbours; the objective is to demonise the person having the abortion. Look what she done! And so to create, or reinforce, a climate of oppression. I think Siouxie should consider having the MP burned at the stake.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:09 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Wouldn't it be the case that, if you knew there was a potential human growing inside you and you decided that it was necessary for you to undergo an invasive surgical procedure to prevent it becoming a person, you'd know that's a messy business? You likely wouldn't do that lightly nor be swayed in your decision by any sort of graphic picture. You wouldn't need educating about what was happening to you.

It seems to me that the target of this "education" isn't the person having the abortion but her neighbours; the objective is to demonise the person having the abortion. Look what she done! And so to create, or reinforce, a climate of oppression. I think Siouxie should consider having the MP burned at the stake.

Steady on there. I think the pamphlet originated from some loony people who were denigrating an MP where Souixie lives. Presumably a Liberal MP.

I'm not entirely convinced that burning anything at the stake (except the pamphlet, after reporting it to the fuzz), would help.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:21 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

I'm not entirely convinced that burning anything at the stake (except the pamphlet, after reporting it to the fuzz), would help.
Oh, I think it's a rare case when burning an MP at the stake wouldn't help.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:24 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh, I think it's a rare case when burning an MP at the stake wouldn't help.
Perhaps that's a balanced view, if a bit impractical.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:35 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

There is of course the option to choose not to terminate and not to raise a child. Many childless couples would welcome the opportunity to adopt a baby that would otherwise end up aborted.

But I don't envy anyone stuck having to make these decisions. Campaigns like this are about educations and provoking debate even if religious faith is part of what drives it. However its not just godbotherers,I know childless couples who are totally against abortion except where the mothers life is threatened simply on the grounds that there are very few babies ever come up for adoption.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

+1.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.