British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Revolted. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/revolted-835262/)

Siouxie May 30th 2014 6:42 pm

Revolted.

I just received a flyer from 'endthekilling' about my local MP.

Full colour photo of aborted babies literally dismembered and in pieces complete with blood and guts.

What if I had a child that collected the mail? The photo is horrific and stomach churning and would give a child nightmares.

I realise they are trying to make a point but this is totally unacceptable.

:thumbdown:

iaink May 30th 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Revolted.

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11282417)
I realise they are trying to make a point but this is totally unacceptable.

Just maybe that is the point they are trying to make:sneaky:

Mind you they never show the blood and gore of a hip replacement proceedure do they...

dbd33 May 30th 2014 6:46 pm

In Guelph that's the poster on the back of buses.

SchnookoLoly May 30th 2014 6:53 pm

Thaaaaaaaaaat is disgusting. Ick. :(

Bleepedy Bloops May 30th 2014 7:03 pm

This is why we vote.

Shard May 30th 2014 9:01 pm

It's become commonplace these days. I don't know when public sensibility shifted from a sense of propriety relating to "gore" to the current "anything goes" mentality. It's the same with television news which now breezily shows full on surgery with just a brief warning at the start that "viewers might find this distressing" - a great help for channel surfers.

Sally Redux May 30th 2014 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 11282591)
It's become commonplace these days. I don't know when public sensibility shifted from a sense of propriety relating to "gore" to the current "anything goes" mentality. It's the same with television news which now breezily shows full on surgery with just a brief warning at the start that "viewers might find this distressing" - a great help for channel surfers.

They pixellate boobs and bums here.

Shard May 30th 2014 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11282601)
They pixellate boobs and bums here.

I was actually referring to things like heart surgery or other invasive procedures. Not that I have watched. :unsure:

Siouxie May 30th 2014 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 11282591)

Exactly.

Why is it ok for some faceless entity to potentially expose a child to something that they have no knowledge about and is only done for shock value. If you go to the website, you will see what came into thousands of peoples homes in full technicolour detail - with no choice but to see it.**

Oh yes.. it's supposedly all about choice - yet they don't give one.

**Edited to say, they don't actually show what came through the mail - it's of a 5 month old decapitated, eviscerated and dismembered fetus.

iaink May 30th 2014 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11282610)
Exactly.

Why is it ok for some faceless entity to potentially expose a child to something that they have no knowledge about and is only done for shock value. If you go to the website, you will see what came into thousands of peoples homes in full technicolour detail - with no choice but to see it.**

Oh yes.. it's supposedly all about choice - yet they don't give one.

**Edited to say, they don't actually show what came through the mail - it's of a 5 month old decapitated, eviscerated and dismembered fetus.

I think you will find that the ones sending pics of dismembered fetuses are the ones who are not so in favour of choice.

But that is one reality of abortion, so why sugar coat it.

Shard May 30th 2014 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 11282628)
I think you will find that the ones sending pics of dismembered fetuses are the ones who are not so in favour of choice.

But that is the reality of abortion, so why sugar coat it.

Decorum!

Sally Redux May 30th 2014 9:24 pm

But that is the reality of abortion, so why sugar coat it.

Probably is a bit rough on kids, as Siouxie says. (I don't know, I haven't looked the site).

Novocastrian May 30th 2014 9:25 pm

But that is one reality of abortion, so why sugar coat it.

Don't be so ridiculous.

iaink May 30th 2014 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 11282631)
Decorum!

Im sure that in their view if one person is influenced to choose not to have an abortion, then any amount of offence is justified.

I am pro choice, but being married to a catholic I sincerely wish more people would choose not to.

Novocastrian May 30th 2014 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 11282636)
Im sure that in their view if one person is influenced to choose not to have an abortion, then any amount of offence is justified.

I am pro choice, but being married to a catholic I sincerely wish more people would choose not to.

Choose not to what?