The Renovation thread

The Renovation thread

Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Renovation thread

Originally Posted by Calgal
Ahem! I'm getting reno pic withdrawal - it's been almost a week now
And I am furiously washing up, hoping to get it into a decent state for photos. Couldn't plumb the dishwasher in....will take one tomorrow for you as fridge freezer finally came yesterday.

Electrician comes on Thursday to rewire so you may get to see pictures of raggles!

PS Loved what you did with your room.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yonk
And I am furiously washing up, hoping to get it into a decent state for photos. Couldn't plumb the dishwasher in....will take one tomorrow for you as fridge freezer finally came yesterday.

Electrician comes on Thursday to rewire so you may get to see pictures of raggles!

PS Loved what you did with your room.
Thanks! - But what's "raggles"?
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 4:30 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! - But what's "raggles"?
I'm guessing electrician bum crack.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'm guessing electrician bum crack.
I nearly put that then decided raggles was more seemly!

Raggles are the holes in the walls made to run the electical wiring. There is only one single socket per room so I'm adding extra sockets everywhere.

I must have bee in denial when I bought this place as I never noticed - in fact, I didn't look at the house at all, just the view which I love.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Well, given up getting perfection - that will have to wait until late Friday night as MIL is coming on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails The Renovation thread-dscf0021.jpg   The Renovation thread-dscf0022.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'm guessing electrician bum crack
We call it "plumbers butt" here!

Well, given up getting perfection - that will have to wait until late Friday night as MIL is coming on Saturday.

Yipeee - about time Looking good, Yonk! But where are the 'raggles' you promised me?
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

We call it "plumbers butt" here!

Yipeee - about time Looking good, Yonk! But where are the 'raggles' you promised me?
Tomorrow.....this is all taking far too much time.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

Tomorrow.....this is all taking far too much time.
If anyone is contemplating getting their house rewired, don't do it. Or if you have to, leave the country whilst the boyos rip up all your carpets, move every bit of furniture to different rooms, bash your floorboards, add new bits of trunking, destroy various things like telephone points & door frames & bash the furniture....all the time saying.....

... "So why are you getting this done?" & "Doesn't all this banging, drilling, noise and mess stress you out? It would me."......no pictures, can't find camera and need to find the beds as a priority!

Plus the new fridge freezer has to go back....

Anyway, none of this is life & death so I'll be fine by the time my MIL rocks up tomorrow. She won't stay - she vacuums and dusts her house every day so she won't like my place at the moment.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyway, none of this is life & death so I'll be fine by the time my MIL rocks up tomorrow. She won't stay - she vacuums and dusts her house every day so she won't like my place at the moment.
Ahem! If I don't get a fix soon, I'll have to post ugly pics of very ugly rooms......
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Ahem! If I don't get a fix soon, I'll have to post ugly pics of very ugly rooms......
Ooooo, go on....

I've put my camera up safe somewhere and can't find it.

I particularly want to take a piccy of my living room, as it now has a "gosh, you don't have kids, do you?" type carpet plus I have managed to unpack my free-standing punchbag at last - been packed since March so now I have a target, in lieu of absent bloke.

Rest of house is a disaster, I stick with my comments about rewiring being the worst. Plasterer coming at the w/e!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Ooooo, go on....

I've put my camera up safe somewhere and can't find it.

I particularly want to take a piccy of my living room, as it now has a "gosh, you don't have kids, do you?" type carpet plus I have managed to unpack my free-standing punchbag at last - been packed since March so now I have a target, in lieu of absent bloke.

Rest of house is a disaster, I stick with my comments about rewiring being the worst. Plasterer coming at the w/e!
Ohhh- I got all excited (sad, eh) when I saw you'd replied! I thought I was gonna see an update Now I'm gonna get a )
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Ohhh- I got all excited (sad, eh) when I saw you'd replied! I thought I was gonna see an update Now I'm gonna get a )
No, I promised and I will, I'm just a bit lax with time sometimes.....and I really can't find my camera. Cue two weeks of "d'you think the builders took it?"....it's here somewhere....
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, I promised and I will, I'm just a bit lax with time sometimes.....and I really can't find my camera. Cue two weeks of "d'you think the builders took it?"....it's here somewhere....
...pulled back from the brink.....
Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:24 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

...pulled back from the brink.....
The number of times I've pulled out when on the brink.....................
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
The number of times I've pulled out when on the brink.....................
So has Yonk byt the looks of things - she promised me a pic As I'm not making progress I will have to make do with renovating vicariously

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.