The Renovation thread

The Renovation thread

Old Jul 14th 2006, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Renovation thread

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Nice cooler.

Looks great yonk! What colours/materials are the walls and floor going to be?
Vinyl floor, don't know about walls yet - need a plasterer to come.

Cheers

Jayne
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yonk
Hey folks, what do you think?
That is going to look really good when it's finished!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Calgal
That is going to look really good when it's finished!
It will have a nice cooker hood too. Not sure whether or not to have tiles.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

It will have a nice cooker hood too. Not sure whether or not to have tiles.
Stainless steel backsplash would look slick!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Stainless steel backsplash would look slick!
I know - had one in the last kitchen but it was a b**gger to keep clean, baby oil was the only way to get it to shine.

I think I should have thought about it a bit more but it's all been a bit difficult - 1st kitchen fitter went AWOL.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know - had one in the last kitchen but it was a b**gger to keep clean, baby oil was the only way to get it to shine.

I think I should have thought about it a bit more but it's all been a bit difficult - 1st kitchen fitter went AWOL.
That's true enough - had a stainless appliances in one of our houses. It looks great ONLY when it's clean, though. When you have kids (even big ones, like husbands), it doesn't stay that way for long.

I have a spray cleaner especially for SS, which works well (quite toxic though, so don't like it too much). I have white (knackered) appliances in this house, except for the new washer and dryer in the laundry pics. (I'll never learn, but I just love the look of steel!)
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

That's true enough - had a stainless appliances in one of our houses. It looks great ONLY when it's clean, though. When you have kids (even big ones, like husbands), it doesn't stay that way for long.

I have a spray cleaner especially for SS, which works well (quite toxic though, so don't like it too much). I have white (knackered) appliances in this house, except for the new washer and dryer in the laundry pics. (I'll never learn, but I just love the look of steel!)
The baby oil works really well and you get nice, soft hands!

Not really one for chemicals as I was sensitised by my 1st job, prefer dirt!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 10:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

No reno's to our house this year (apart from painting the outside) but our acre of Paradise was largely rock fill which whilst being low maintenance is not very pretty to look at. So 1 Bobcat, 15 loads of topsoil, a days seeding and fertilizing and 6 weeks of unseasonably warm weather and we now have a lush and verdant lawn. Only problem is now I have to mow the bloody thing once every 5 days!
Attached Thumbnails The Renovation thread-img_2185-small-.jpg   The Renovation thread-img_2188-small-.jpg   The Renovation thread-img_2187-small-.jpg   The Renovation thread-img_2196-small-.jpg   The Renovation thread-img_2345-small-.jpg  

Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
No reno's to our house this year (apart from painting the outside) but our acre of Paradise was largely rock fill which whilst being low maintenance is not very pretty to look at. So 1 Bobcat, 15 loads of topsoil, a days seeding and fertilizing and 6 weeks of unseasonably warm weather and we now have a lush and verdant lawn. Only problem is now I have to mow the bloody thing once every 5 days!
Looks really great!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Looks really great!
Completely off-topic, but before I forget again, your pics are absolutely wonderful! Love them!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by willmore
Completely off-topic, but before I forget again, your pics are absolutely wonderful! Love them!
Oh - thank you!

I'm waiting on Yonk's progress piccie! It's several days overdue
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

Oh - thank you!

I'm waiting on Yonk's progress piccie! It's several days overdue
Well, OH has been away (again) and the washing up has got out of hand plus I now have a decent hob/oven and have been cooking, which makes matters worse.

The washing machine is still in the hall so it sort of is looking much worse than it did.

OH wants dishwasher to come....as do I! Fridge freezer has been delayed....and still no idea when a plasterer may come.....so basically, things are just plain normal & I'll get round to a piccy at some point soon, promise.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, OH has been away (again) and the washing up has got out of hand plus I now have a decent hob/oven and have been cooking, which makes matters worse.

The washing machine is still in the hall so it sort of is looking much worse than it did.

OH wants dishwasher to come....as do I! Fridge freezer has been delayed....and still no idea when a plasterer may come.....so basically, things are just plain normal & I'll get round to a piccy at some point soon, promise.
Waiting patiently.....
<drumming fingers on desk>
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

While we're waiting for Yonks latest......

Not my renovation - a neighbours!

A whole new roof in progress, due to leaks..............................

on a THREE year old house
Attached Thumbnails The Renovation thread-p1040855.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

Waiting patiently.....
<drumming fingers on desk>
Oh, but it's just about to get exciting....dishwasher is coming tomorrow and the fridge freezer on Fri or Sat so then you can have a proper look at both sides done.

I decided that it wasn't that exciting an intermediate piccy, plus it's hot here and I'm being lazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.