Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Renovation thread

The Renovation thread

Old Jul 10th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Renovation thread

I read somewhere that someone likes Reno pictures (was it you, Ro?) Anyway, I do, too. So I thought why not have a thread where we can post photo's of, or talk/swear about our reno's, before, after, and during.

Get posting, folks!

Last edited by Calgal; Jul 10th 2006 at 7:42 pm. Reason: attack of dyslexia...
Old Jul 10th 2006, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Renovation thread

Originally Posted by Calgal
I read somewhere that someone likes Reno pictures (was it you, Ro?) Anyway, I do, too. So I thought why not have a thread where we can post photo's of, or talk/swear about our reno's, before, after, and during.

Get posting, folks!
As I've just spent the last two hours knocking tiles off, then it will be an absolute joy to post some piccys. All those murky tiles are now no more.

Sorry, this house is in Scotland......

That's a before piccy where is looks finished - looks ok but hides dodgy electrics....

Will post again when it's done - it will be very similar but with s/s appliances, gloss doors and a DISHWASHER!
Attached Thumbnails The Renovation thread-dscf0026.jpg   The Renovation thread-dscf0027.jpg   The Renovation thread-dscf0024.jpg   The Renovation thread-dscf0006.jpg  

Last edited by yonk; Jul 10th 2006 at 8:44 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yonk
As I've just spent the last two hours knocking tiles off, then it will be an absolute joy to post some piccys. All those murky tiles are now no more.

That's ok, Yonk - doesn't matter where it is, exactly what we want to see!

I was going to post a before and after of our home office in our 'other' house - but my PC seems to have 'eaten' the 'before'!!

I'll have to see what else I can find.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok - a before and after of the office we did in our other house (the far right is the opposite end of the room). The before is more kids than office, but it's all I can find. Not so much a renovation either, more just redecorating/furnishing. But I loved the end result.

Edit: Found the better 'before' pictures (now the two on the right), filed in the wrong place so have removed my kids!
Attached Thumbnails The Renovation thread-office-desk-area.jpg   The Renovation thread-office-view-desk.jpg   The Renovation thread-tidyoffice.jpg   The Renovation thread-tidyoffice2.jpg  

Last edited by Calgal; Jul 10th 2006 at 9:22 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok - a before and after of the office we did in our other house (the far right is the opposite end of the room). The before is more kids than office, but it's all I can find. Not so much a renovation either, more just redecorating/furnishing. But I loved the end result.
That's great - very grown up - that colour is supposed to be very calming.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's a before piccy - looks ok but hides dodgy electrics....
You only just added that last pic, right? Looks amazing - great job!

You've inspired me to find a pic of my first ever tiling attempt.

edit to add: thanks, the office colour is showing a little 'greener' than it really is, it's a touch more grey - but close enough.

Last edited by Calgal; Jul 10th 2006 at 8:33 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:32 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Two things

1) love the doors.
2) WTF do you keep it so tidy?????
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Two things

1) love the doors.
2) WTF do you keep it so tidy?????
1) Thank you, kind sir
2) We don't use it - it's in the other house....lol
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:37 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

1) Thank you, kind sir
2) We don't use it - it's in the other house....lol
AM I FICK OR WHAT
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:47 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Get posting, folks!
Great idea, i love reno, well we've been doing our house for the last 10 or so years (no we're not really slow its just that when we brought it we converted it too two flats to pay the mortgage, and then back again about 6yrs ago) i'm going to have to go hunting for our pics and post some, Oh and nice pics yonk and calgal !
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:20 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Get posting, folks!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

At the moment, I don't have access to a lot of pics of the interior of my place but I do have pics of my back garden reno!

Before - grass-lined shoebox

After - what it looked like the day I left for Canada. I'm hoping my nice neighbour has kept her promise to water it!
Attached Thumbnails The Renovation thread-bg-before.jpg   The Renovation thread-bg-before2.jpg   The Renovation thread-backgarden1.jpg   The Renovation thread-backgarden2.jpg  
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:25 am

That's a before piccy where is looks finished - looks ok but hides dodgy electrics....

Will post again when it's done - it will be very similar but with s/s appliances, gloss doors and a DISHWASHER!
Wow, cooooool yonk!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:32 am

Edit: Found the better 'before' pictures (now the two on the right), filed in the wrong place so have removed my kids!
Wow! Great job Calgal!

It's not always that tidy though, is it?!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Renos look terrific yonk - you did an excellent job!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Looks lovely - wish my office was that clean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.