Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Oct 28th 2019, 9:54 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rlisle-chimney

Poor guy. But what was he doing up there? The radio was reporting this with some joviality this morning, obviously it did not end well.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 10:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rlisle-chimney

Poor guy. But what was he doing up there? The radio was reporting this with some joviality this morning, obviously it did not end well.
Did they suggest he flue up there?

Out of curiosity I streetviewed the area and came up with this. https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8902...7i13312!8i6656

A picnic table/bench on one side of the street - in the parking bay - and on the other side (if you pan around) three women have set up chairs and are just sitting there. I've never seen anything like that before.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 10:30 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Out of curiosity I streetviewed the area and came up with this. https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8902...7i13312!8i6656

A picnic table/bench on one side of the street - in the parking bay - and on the other side (if you pan around) three women have set up chairs and are just sitting there. I've never seen anything like that before.
Uup Nurth. Another country.

Definitely different.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 11:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I read on another news site that it appeared he had slipped and had one leg caught in the ladder and was dangling upside down... now that's what you call a head rush Poor bloke.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 2:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I read on another news site that it appeared he had slipped and had one leg caught in the ladder and was dangling upside down... now that's what you call a head rush Poor bloke.
The question is how did he get there, the place was supposed to be closed off and fenced to stop people going there.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 4:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The question is how did he get there, the place was supposed to be closed off and fenced to stop people going there.
Plus the ladder began 15ft above the ground.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 4:52 pm
Yo

I see your changed avatar Mike. At our local remembrance cross I've noticed that the wreaths left there last November are still there (at least they were a couple of weeks ago). Any idea about that? Last year was 75th anniversary I think was there some sort of protocol of has just nobody bothered to remove them, I realise you might have no idea, but I saw the remembrance poppy and thought you might?
Old Oct 30th 2019, 4:52 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well if there's a ladder on the chimney I undertand how he got there, but my question is why?
Old Oct 30th 2019, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I always suspected this was the case. Living near a major road and worse air. We live on a major road, and 2 blocks from the port and based on the black soot that builds up in the apartment, that cannot be good for the lungs. Its not regular household dust.

I have also found I have more respiratory issues in this apartment vs others we have lived in.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6098915/a...Ev92bBlnTSf5bU
Old Oct 30th 2019, 10:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I see your changed avatar Mike. At our local remembrance cross I've noticed that the wreaths left there last November are still there (at least they were a couple of weeks ago). Any idea about that? Last year was 75th anniversary I think was there some sort of protocol of has just nobody bothered to remove them, I realise you might have no idea, but I saw the remembrance poppy and thought you might?
Just that the council budget keeps getting cut, so they haven't had anyone to remove them?
Old Oct 30th 2019, 10:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Just that the council budget keeps getting cut, so they haven't had anyone to remove them?
Wouldn't the RBL remove them or members of the community once the period they are to remain has been agreed.

Old Oct 30th 2019, 10:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BEVS
Wouldn't the RBL remove them or members of the community once the period they are to remain has been agreed.
Yes they probably will.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 10:58 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
RIP Phil.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-50239624
Old Oct 30th 2019, 11:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes. Very sad for his family.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 4:27 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living Alberta - small towns, Calgary neighbourhoods and commuting

Originally Posted by dbd33
http://lookatmy****ingredtrousers.blogspot.com/

You will, of course, have to fill in the missing letters.
This one made me laugh... the caption was....

"In Canada, where this photo was taken, the police come down hard on socially divisive leg wear."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.