Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Nov 9th 2019, 10:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BEVS

Yup. This discussion could be laced in the gastro thread or a new thread called cbd oil or something.

GERD stuff could be moved to the GERD thread too if that seems sensible.

This is the Random Stuff thread after all.

Let me know
I don't mind where it's put, but I don't have a fatty liver or gastro or GERD problems, and I don't take cannabis products. I suppose we could have a back problems thread but then it's all starting to get a bit ridiculous I think that random people discussing random issues and random ways to address those issues sits pretty well in a Random Stuff thread.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Cheers spouse of scouse, pain relief is what I'm after these days.

My doc back in CH (well, one of them) said that my back was basically buggered - to use the technical term - and very much pooh-poohed my question regarding a potential spinal fuse; I only mentioned it as I remember that it brought my mum back to life big time after so, so many years of absolute agonv.

She worked nights for years as an auxiliary nurse in a maternity wing offshoot scary monster building about 5 miles off the main hospital, but it was in in our village, so her commute by bicycle was do-able, kind of.

But my doc said no, not for me.

Good that you discussed the use of CBD with your doc. It can have negative/nullifying effects when taken with other medication.

Hang on, I just re-read your post, you said "Surgeon is trying to avoid another spinal fusion." Another? Is this related to the car smash of a while back?

Even if you declared yourself horse, best count me out of the shoot squad, my eyesight is really not up to it.

Late thought: Would this sub-discussion be better placed in "Fatty livers & gastro thugs" ?

I'll hit the report thingy and ask nicely.

Even later thought (when in the report thingy page): "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

So I didn't.
Spinal fusion's usually the treatment of last resort and not all conditions or people are suitable for it, but if neither of those apply to you and you've been having severe pain for over 6 months then it really should be considered. You do lose some of your range of motion but in my opinion that's an ok price to pay to live pain and drug free.

Gawd, your poor mum. Nursing is so hard on the spine, I'm glad she finally got some relief. The scary monster building sounds scary and, well, monstrous!

I had a cervical spinal fusion after the car accident. My entire cervical spine is like your back, knackered, and every fusion you have further weakens the levels above and below. Think of it as degenerative disc disease on the fastest speed setting.

I would never ask anyone I liked to shoot me. Neigh.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think my dad's back took a year or more to fuse on it's own after his car accident. Because it was happening naturally he and his doctor didn't opt for electronic fusion, but he had to wear a brace until it was finished.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:36 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by caretaker
I think my dad's back took a year or more to fuse on it's own after his car accident. Because it was happening naturally he and his doctor didn't opt for electronic fusion, but he had to wear a brace until it was finished.
That brace must have been uncomfortable for him. Great result in the end though.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That brace must have been uncomfortable for him. Great result in the end though.
Oh yes, the accident happened when he was only 55, and even though he had 36 years service it took 4 years fighting the company to get a full medical pension. That left a lot of time for golf.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:44 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by caretaker
Oh yes, the accident happened when he was only 55, and even though he had 36 years service it took 4 years fighting the company to get a full medical pension. That left a lot of time for golf.
Four years, dear lord I thought my 3 year fight with the insurance company after my accident was bad!
Old Nov 10th 2019, 9:41 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

Yup. This discussion could be laced in the gastro thread or a new thread called cbd oil or something.

GERD stuff could be moved to the GERD thread too if that seems sensible.

This is the Random Stuff thread after all.

Let me know
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I don't mind where it's put, but I don't have a fatty liver or gastro or GERD problems, and I don't take cannabis products. I suppose we could have a back problems thread but then it's all starting to get a bit ridiculous I think that random people discussing random issues and random ways to address those issues sits pretty well in a Random Stuff thread.
I think that the gastro thread is the logical place for this. That thread is meant in a fairly generic sense, it grew from some off-grid discussions between Expatrick and myself on the subject of foot massage machines and broken ankles.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 2:45 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Why the Germans love English markets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6m9...ature=youtu.be
Old Nov 10th 2019, 2:56 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 10th 2019, 8:03 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Went for a beer this evening. The bartender was completely bald except for a circle on the back of his head.

Old Nov 10th 2019, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Old promotional film for Vancouver from the 70's.

Old Nov 11th 2019, 12:18 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Old promotional film for Vancouver from the 70's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoyu...ture=emb_title
Very 70s video. Vancouver hasn't changed much in the intervening 45 years. A few more condos, but that's about it.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 4:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I just find it funny.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 6:50 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Have "hefted" the CBD/back issues discussion over to here.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 2:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Neat video showing how aquariums are made. The workers make it seem so easy. There are people who make their own as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.