Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Sep 27th 2020, 7:55 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Looks like someone had some time on their hands to "paint" a skytrain in Vancouver.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c..._looks_unique/
I can see a couple of streak marks, but other than that it looks a decent job.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone fancy buying a motel? This one played a role in Schitts Creek.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...sale-1.5122136
Old Sep 27th 2020, 8:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone fancy buying a motel? This one played a role in Schitts Creek.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...sale-1.5122136
I'd rather that one than this one

Old Sep 27th 2020, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'd rather that one than this one

Or this one in Hollywood, but its on a studio back lot....

The one from the most recent TV series was located not far from Vancouver, in Aldergrove, BC but since the show ended, the set has been torn down.

https://vancouversun.com/entertainme...otel-torn-down

I kind of wish some of these sets were kept and turned into tourist spots of sorts, but I guess they are only built to provide exterior shots.

Freddy Highmore during one of the years he was in Vancouver filming Bates Motel stayed at the corporate condos I was working at. We had lots of actors, music people, hockey players stay with us, upscale condos for long term corporate use, but most of our clientele were from film, TV and sports.

Freddy Highmore was one of the nicest folks I have met from Hollywood, he would call down each morning to politely ask if the call sheet had been delivered. Was weird hearing him speak in his real voice though, since everything I have seen him in he is doing a generic US accent.

Upside to working in certain types of hotels or corporate housing in the right city's, can come across a lot of actors.

Met Dennis Farina while working at a hotel in San Diego, I think it was during comic con a couple years before he died, but maybe it was during another event, but he was super nice, he was with someone who wasn't so nice, and after they went up, Dennis Farina came back down alone to apologize about the other person, and gave us a gift basket of snacks.

Bill Murray once in the 1990's when he was flying on a flight I was working, I said hi, he said hi.....

Saw Mike Tyson on one flight to Las Vegas.

Didn't meet but got a glimpse of him sitting in his seat, Jimmy Carter flew on us once, seems as of 2017 he was still flying commercial flights.

At Vancouver airport in 2017 I think it was saw Seth Rogan boarding a flight I was working going to Los Angeles. He is from Vancouver and I believe his parents still reside in Vancouver.

Upside to certain industries if your in the right city's. I did mingle with high rolling politicians when I was a kid, well state level California politicians..... But my grandfather was a politician, I remember as a kid probably around 10 or 11 when we went to visit him at the California Capitol and he took us into the areas the public wasn't allowed, for a kid it was something anyhow, just offices nothing exciting really...... He has been retired since the late 1990's though.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 27th 2020 at 9:31 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 9:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Or this one in Hollywood, but its on a studio back lot....

The one from the most recent TV series was located not far from Vancouver, in Aldergrove, BC but since the show ended, the set has been torn down.

I kind of wish some of these sets were kept and turned into tourist spots of sorts, but I guess they are only built to provide exterior shots.

Freddy Highmore during one of the years he was in Vancouver filming Bates Motel stayed at the corporate condos I was working at. We had lots of actors, music people, hockey players stay with us, upscale condos for long term corporate use, but most of our clientele were from film, TV and sports.

Freddy Highmore was one of the nicest folks I have met from Hollywood, he would call down each morning to politely ask if the call sheet had been delivered. Was weird hearing him speak in his real voice though, since everything I have seen him in he is doing a generic US accent.

Upside to working in certain types of hotels or corporate housing in the right city's, can come across a lot of actors.

Met Dennis Farina while working at a hotel in San Diego, I think it was during comic con a couple years before he died, but maybe it was during another event, but he was super nice, he was with someone who wasn't so nice, and after they went up, Dennis Farina came back down alone to apologize about the other person, and gave us a gift basket of snacks.

Bill Murray once in the 1990's when he was flying on a flight I was working, I said hi, he said hi.....

Didn't meet but got a glimpse of him sitting in his seat, Jimmy Carter flew on us once, seems as of 2017 he was still flying commercial flights.

At Vancouver airport in 2017 I think it was saw Seth Rogan boarding a flight I was working going to Los Angeles. He is from Vancouver and I believe his parents still reside in Vancouver.

Upside to certain industries if your in the right city's.
You've had a lot of brushes with the rich and famous! Dennis Farina sounds lovely, it's nice to hear about people who haven't let their fame turn them into - not lovely
Old Sep 27th 2020, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Upset homeowners in Calgary about a driveway behind their houses.

They should go to Vancouver gasp there are laneways behind most houses and streets in front.

Old Sep 28th 2020, 12:27 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Was your ear still intact?
Old Sep 28th 2020, 1:34 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Was your ear still intact?
Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:24 pm
Tea Drinker

You cannot fix stupid.

Skip to 4 mins for the 'oh shit' moment

Old Sep 28th 2020, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

video is good shows how long it takes for the train to stop, nearly 1 minute from impact to the time the train comes to a complete stop.

If the crossing gates are down, it's not safe to cross.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 28th 2020 at 6:05 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Dying is expensive. Not planning to die anytime soon, but have been looking into the planning since eventually it will happen and I really don't want to be cremated, and would like a green burial, but holy moly expensive.

Old Sep 29th 2020, 2:55 am
Tea Drinker

Dying is expensive. Not planning to die anytime soon, but have been looking into the planning since eventually it will happen and I really don't want to be cremated, and would like a green burial, but holy moly expensive.
Being an undertaker is a dying trade but the competition is stiff.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 3:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Danny B
Being an undertaker is a dying trade but the competition is stiff.

If dead bodies didn't freak me out so much, I'd have considered funeral home work, bless those who can do it though.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 6:27 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If dead bodies didn't freak me out so much, I'd have considered funeral home work, bless those who can do it though.
I quit a security job in a hospital once because of bodies. After office hours, and on weekends, I had to double as morgue attendant, and I didn't think minimum wage was worth it. It was a relatively easy job, other than that, and the occasional dust-up with drunks in emergency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.