Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jan 17th 2019, 5:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
We don't live in a fancy enough building to have an onsite building manager. There is a management company the strata has to run things, but they are offsite and never come during these sorts of things, if not home to open the door, they issue a fine to the unit.
Unless they're exempt from the act Siouxie linked to, that sounds kind of illegal.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Unless they're exempt from the act Siouxie linked to, that sounds kind of illegal.
I contacted the tenancy board and they permit a reasonable window of time for entry, it doesn't have to be a specific time according to the email the tenancy sent me.

Old Jan 17th 2019, 9:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted the tenancy board and they permit a reasonable window of time for entry, it doesn't have to be a specific time according to the email the tenancy sent me.
All day doesn't seem so reasonable a window though
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

All day doesn't seem so reasonable a window though
they have scheduled 3 different things through the same day so its 3 separate things, but from what I can tell we are not required to be home, so not rearranging our plans which have been made 3 months ago.

The strata is not our landlord so really not even sure we have to give them entry.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 18th 2019 at 12:54 am.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Vancouver reddit forum man there are a lot of mean people.

Old Jan 19th 2019, 11:26 pm
Oscar nominated

Vancouver reddit forum man there are a lot of mean people.
Not Canadians surely?

Old Jan 20th 2019, 2:38 am
Account Closed

Not Canadians surely?
Could be Russian trolls lol

Old Jan 20th 2019, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Old Jan 20th 2019, 9:35 pm
Oscar nominated

Cock up on the catering front today.

Got some chicken portions out of the freezer yesterday. Nicely thawed by today I put them on the oven pan and thought, hmmm, they're a bit bigger than usual.

Part way through roasting they just didn't look right. When done, I realised why. They were obviously the four leg/thigh portions we saved from two stewing hens my stepdaughter bought in Sept 2016. I tracked it down to a previous thread, the idea being to use them for a coq au vin, but I'd obviously forgotten.

Completely inedible as roast chicken so we just had the roast spuds, veg and gravy. Good job I wasn't cooking to impress.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 1:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Cock up on the catering front today.

Got some chicken portions out of the freezer yesterday. Nicely thawed by today I put them on the oven pan and thought, hmmm, they're a bit bigger than usual.

Part way through roasting they just didn't look right. When done, I realised why. They were obviously the four leg/thigh portions we saved from two stewing hens my stepdaughter bought in Sept 2016. I tracked it down to a previous thread, the idea being to use them for a coq au vin, but I'd obviously forgotten.

Completely inedible as roast chicken so we just had the roast spuds, veg and gravy. Good job I wasn't cooking to impress.

Woops! Chuck them in a pan of water and make soup /stock from them, perhaps?
Old Jan 21st 2019, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Someone posted this on reddit today, a tree has been spotted with flowers blooming...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...peoples_trust/

Old Jan 21st 2019, 7:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Someone posted this on reddit today, a tree has been spotted with flowers blooming...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...peoples_trust/

That 'cherry blossom' looks remarkably like a Magnolia
Old Jan 21st 2019, 8:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikelincs
That 'cherry blossom' looks remarkably like a Magnolia
It is, well at least according to posts in the reddit, the poster of the thread made a mistake on type of tree it seems.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

It is, well at least according to posts in the reddit, the poster of the thread made a mistake on type of tree it seems.
Do you think that tree is kept artificially warm due to an exhaust or a vent from a nearby building ? or heat coming off the nearby building somehow. I've seen trees in Ottawa near buildings like that retain their leaves a lot longer than other trees in the autumn.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 1:31 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Woops! Chuck them in a pan of water and make soup /stock from them, perhaps?
Ahead of you. Soup was started within 5 minutes of finishing eating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.