Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jan 13th 2019, 11:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy

Being beach-free, I would think so. We were travelling through there about 18 months ago, OH put on her best SatNav accent and said "You are now entering Belgium" "You are now entering the Netherlands" "You are now entering Belgium" "You are now entering the Netherlands". I thought that she was just in dire need of a beer, but then she explained the enclave thing.
I like your wife a lot
Old Jan 13th 2019, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a brain drain in Vancouver as professionals choose to leave the city.

One thing professionals have that us non-professionals lack is mobility.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/can...1_4251458.html
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...deau-lookalike

Now I've heard of everything. This guy only remotely looks like our sensitive, crying on demand, apologizing for things he had no involvement in PM
Old Jan 14th 2019, 9:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The black winged seagull which keeps visiting our back garden is a good twice the size of the cat but on par with the duck.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 9:39 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
The black winged seagull which keeps visiting our back garden is a good twice the size of the cat but on par with the duck.
Gulls can be quite vicious I believe, keep the duck safe. At least don't let it wander free eating chips or ice cream.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 9:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Gulls can be quite vicious I believe, keep the duck safe. At least don't let it wander free eating chips or ice cream.
I think it is nicking a sizeable chunk of bread or other foodstuff from somewhere , possibly a nearby hostelry & then dropping down into our back garden to peck away at this.

I have been doing the flappy arm shoo thing.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

One of many reasons I hate apartment/multi-family housing.

Inspections of some sort that require you to be home all day wasting an entire day and having to rearrange plans since we don't have family or friends who could come over and sit in the apartment all day to wait which is the strata's suggestion.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 7:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
One of many reasons I hate apartment/multi-family housing.

Inspections of some sort that require you to be home all day wasting an entire day and having to rearrange plans since we don't have family or friends who could come over and sit in the apartment all day to wait which is the strata's suggestion.

They are required to give you a date and TIME

• the date and the time of the entry, which must be between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. unless the tenant otherwise agrees

Residential Tenancy Act
Old Jan 16th 2019, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
They are required to give you a date and TIME
  • the date and the time of the entry, which must be between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. unless the tenant otherwise agrees

Residential Tenancy Act

The strata gave times but there are 3 different inspections on the same day requiring entry.

Pest inspection as some units have reported having ants 9am to 1p

Fire alarm inspection 9am to 5p

dryer duct cleaning 2pm to 5pm

It's also not the landlord doing these its the strata of the building.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 16th 2019 at 8:14 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 2:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I just give our building manager the key and he lets them in. Sure he probably rifles through HID's knicker draw but that's a small price to pay for not having to wait around all day long.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 2:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I just give our building manager the key and he lets them in. Sure he probably rifles through HID's knicker draw but that's a small price to pay for not having to wait around all day long.
One of my previous tenants, having given me permission to show the place to a prospective tenant, in her absence, made it easier. She left hers hanging on the doorknob.

The woman I was showing the apartment to wasn't particularly impressed.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 2:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be suggesting to HID that she hides a rat trap among her knickers.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 2:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'd be suggesting to HID that she hides a rat trap among her knickers.
Not such a good idea for someone a bit forgetful
Old Jan 17th 2019, 2:46 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Not such a good idea for someone a bit forgetful
I'd take the pain to catch a pervert!
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

We don't live in a fancy enough building to have an onsite building manager. There is a management company the strata has to run things, but they are offsite and never come during these sorts of things, if not home to open the door, they issue a fine to the unit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.