Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jan 31st 2018, 4:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by caretaker
@Jsmith321 did you get into any good Mexican food down there?
No, not this time. We ate mostly at my mom's to save money.

On another note, I hate how companies are forcing people to download apps and assume every customer has a mobile device, and not having a website to utilize their product.

Same with US companies assuming all customers have cell phones and only having text verification as a mode to verify to access an account, who thought of that idiotic idea?
Old Jan 31st 2018, 6:10 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
No, not this time. We ate mostly at my mom's to save money.
On another note, I hate how companies are forcing people to download apps and assume every customer has a mobile device, and not having a website to utilize their product.

Same with US companies assuming all customers have cell phones and only having text verification as a mode to verify to access an account, who thought of that idiotic idea?
Download apps and join a new network! That's the big difference from five years ago. Bought a vacuum the other day, and practically had to set up a social media account to get the warranty started.

'Skynet' obviously wants to know who we all are and who all the other humans we know are before they send down the Terminators!
Old Jan 31st 2018, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Download apps and join a new network! That's the big difference from five years ago. Bought a vacuum the other day, and practically had to set up a social media account to get the warranty started.

'Skynet' obviously wants to know who we all are and who all the other humans we know are before they send down the Terminators!
I still use a PC...

We do have a very basic smart phone but it's not capable of holding all the apps companies seem to expect people to have. We have a very basic android with minimal storage space. I am constantly removing apps to download another to use, then removing, downloading etc, even work requires an app to check my work schedule.

I'd get a better phone if they were not like $500+
Old Jan 31st 2018, 5:07 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I still use a PC...

We do have a very basic smart phone but it's not capable of holding all the apps companies seem to expect people to have. We have a very basic android with minimal storage space. I am constantly removing apps to download another to use, then removing, downloading etc, even work requires an app to check my work schedule.

I'd get a better phone if they were not like $500+
I use a PC!

I also use a Samsung Galaxy to make phonecalls and send text messages. Does it have other uses? I have no idea what an app is.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 5:25 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I use a PC!
I also use a Samsung Galaxy to make phonecalls and send text messages. Does it have other uses? I have no idea what an app is.
I use a PC!

I have an old Andoid phone with zero data. I use the phone to make phone calls and send text messages.

If I were a dinosaur, it would have my phone.... think that says it all...
Old Jan 31st 2018, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I use the phone to make phone calls and send text messages.
A phone to make phone calls..who would have thunk it. You mean you don't use it to send selfie's of yourself with inane messages to other people that disappear after 6 seconds.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

Glad I am not the only one not using mobile devices for everything. I really can't stand using tablets, takes too long to accomplish anything, I can type far faster on a PC keyboard.

Gas is getting crazy high, 1.47/liter and expected to go higher. Insanity how expensive its getting here. Time to rethink living in Canada as there seems to be no long term future for us here, cost of living is too high, taxes too high, and wages not high enough.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 8:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I am not the only one not using mobile devices for everything. I really can't stand using tablets, takes too long to accomplish anything, I can type far faster on a PC keyboard...
We have a small tablet but it's only really used as a kindle or for small games. I tried a cheap one but couldn't really get on with it. The four of us have a laptop each. I have an all-in-one but it gets little use. I'll try to sell it one day.

No cellphone, one cordless phone and two plugged, corded of the kind that work in a power outage.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
We have a small tablet but it's only really used as a kindle or for small games. I tried a cheap one but couldn't really get on with it. The four of us have a laptop each. I have an all-in-one but it gets little use. I'll try to sell it one day.

No cellphone, one cordless phone and two plugged, corded of the kind that work in a power outage.
We have an Amazon fire tablet, but it doesn't seem to play nice with google...

I am just trying to set up a light for the aquarium......lol

We have a cell phone, but its old and limited storage so cannot hold anymore apps. Cell phone makes work easier.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 10:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The moon looks nice and bright right now.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 10:34 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Just had a look. Bright.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 6:40 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Yup. Just had a look. Bright.
Fake news.. It never happened... I didn't see it.... What's a moon?
Old Feb 1st 2018, 10:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I have a laptop for normal computer use, a Kindle fire to read books on (we have kindle prime so I can get many free books) and a mobile, which id used to receive texts from places like the doctors to remind me of appointments etc, dont use it for phone calls, rely on a cordless phone and landline for that.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 12:27 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

What a bunch of luddites you all are. Embrace the modern age chaps and chappesses and snapgrambook your lives!

Smartphone apps can actually be useful. I use banking ones, flight tracking and booking ones, Uber (when in London) plus kindle. Plus I actually redeemed some Canadian Tire money the other day after switching to the app & collecting credit via the app rather than collecting the paper notes putting them away and forgetting to ever take them to the store to use em. Flipp is also useful to keep track of flyers and whats on sale. (Sometimes while actually in the grocery store).

I do find it virtually impossible to write anything long or meaningful on a tablet and especially smartphone though. Big fingers, small phone and all that. So to do any real work it has to be laptop all the way.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 12:29 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I am not the only one not using mobile devices for everything. I really can't stand using tablets, takes too long to accomplish anything, I can type far faster on a PC keyboard.

Gas is getting crazy high, 1.47/liter and expected to go higher. Insanity how expensive its getting here. Time to rethink living in Canada as there seems to be no long term future for us here, cost of living is too high, taxes too high, and wages not high enough.
Move back to Ontario. Gas in currently $1.21 here, minimum wage $15, and mental health support better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.