Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:11 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by DandNHill
We experienced those funny machines yesterday for the first time... then it wouldn't read 12 year old sons passport so we had to go to an immigration officer anyway... she was really nice and smiley for some reason... We only took carry on so raced past the baggage hall.... feeling smug!!!
Good for you but I had a hundred quids worth of chocolate, more than the average passenger can carry.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Good for you but I had a hundred quids worth of chocolate, more than the average passenger can carry.
Tell me when you need help eating it. I'm always available for those kind of activities!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me when you need help eating it. I'm always available for those kind of activities!
The eating is accommodated, thank you. I shopped to order.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The eating is accommodated, thank you. I shopped to order.
Oh well, I'll go to one of the Brit stores in Orangeville then next week! lol
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:16 am
Banned

Jimmydexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

How much the average cost for tennis classes?
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

When your late 30's and no kids, it's really hard to make friends. Seems everyone in the age group either has kids, grand kids, and is too busy...

Even friends you have all have kids and too busy to hang out.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
On the bright side you don't have to look at photos of the little brats and hear about the latest cute thing they did.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:00 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
When your late 30's and no kids, it's really hard to make friends. Seems everyone in the age group either has kids, grand kids, and is too busy...

Hang out, yes. But most people will have childless friends over, in fact, it's a welcome break from kids all the time. The problem is you don't know if you're creating an imposition for the childless friends, so you tend not to invite. If you can put up with the rugrats, best thing is to call up the friends and say you want to visit, see how the kids are doing, etc, etc, I think most parents will have you over in a shot.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shard
Hang out, yes. But most people will have childless friends over, in fact, it's a welcome break from kids all the time. The problem is you don't know if you're creating an imposition for the childless friends, so you tend not to invite. If you can put up with the rugrats, best thing is to call up the friends and say you want to visit, see how the kids are doing, etc, etc, I think most parents will have you over in a shot.
I also find that being 50 and having a 12 year old creates barriers. Many of my friends have grown up kids (I have a few of those too) so are no longer tied down and can do what they want when they want...
I don't think there's a perfect solution whichever way you look at it... just embrace differences and look for common ground
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
2016 October 25th
Admitted defeat today, had to put some heating on this afternoon
Less than two weeks ago we had a few days where I was still putting the AC on for a bit.

We've had a couple of days where I have closed the downstairs windows after getting up and it's warmed up with the sun.

Today, even though it's supposed to be a warmer day than yesterday, it hasn't warmed up. All morning I've been here in my shorts but a fleece over my t-shirt.

The temperature inside has been what I turn it down to overnight in winter. I just checked the thermometer and it's dropped a degree

I want some heating but having admitted defeat last year only on the 25th, how can I do it now on the 3rd?

I'm going to put my longs on.

Last edited by BristolUK; Oct 3rd 2017 at 3:03 pm. Reason: wrong date
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Less than two weeks ago we had a few days where I was still putting the AC on for a bit.

We've had a couple of days where I have closed the downstairs windows after getting up and it's warmed up with the sun.

Today, even though it's supposed to be a warmer day than yesterday, it hasn't warmed up. All morning I've been here in my shorts but a fleece over my t-shirt.

The temperature inside has been what I turn it down to overnight in winter. I just checked the thermometer and it's dropped a degree

I want some heating but having admitted defeat last year only on the 25th, how can I do it now on the 3rd?

I'm going to put my longs on.
Do some good old fashioned aerobics, you'll soon warm up!
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Do some good old fashioned aerobics, you'll soon warm up!
What are “old fashioned aerobics?” Do you jump up and down with a top hat on?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

This could be a game changer for mental illness treatment, making it easier on patients health and pocket book, and reduce massive waste of medications using the current trial and error system of finding a medication that works.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3781014/t...edium=Facebook
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
What are “old fashioned aerobics?” Do you jump up and down with a top hat on?
I'd say so... but don't forgetting the leggings!! Wonder what colour would suit Bristol?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:23 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say so... but don't forgetting the leggings!! Wonder what colour would suit Bristol?
These perhaps?

( https://www.brfcdirect.co.uk/Bristol...-Bottoms-17-18 )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.