Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Feb 26th 2017, 3:12 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Siouxie
A teaspoon or so of vinegar with water normally cures mine. Tastes awful, but it works! (You can substitute lemon juice as well, anything acidic).
I've done this. It seemed odd to add avoided to an acid tum but it worked. Diet fixed mine, no crap white wine, no Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc. Easy on the soups and mashed foods. Don't eat near bedtime. Sleep lying on your left side.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 1:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm on strike today.

So fed up of the kitchen sink getting cluttered with dishes, pots and pans etc. Today it was impossible to get a small jug under the tap to add water to the Keurig....
I'm going to have to resurrect my strike action.

There has been a slight improvement but really only to the point that it's now the draining rack cluttered rather than the sink.

Honestly, my stepson is like a kid trying to get away with the bare minimum. If there are two carrots left in a pan, that stops him from doing the whole pan rather than putting them in a small dish along with any leftover spuds or whatever. If there's some meat left on the roasting dish then that similarly prevents him washing that - or even just putting it to soak.

To achieve this improvement it's mostly been me and mother in law, but that was a small price to pay for the improvement.

Unfortunately, he's likely taken advantage of that and now he's just piling stuff up in the draining rack and leaves that there until someone gets fed up and empties it.

I get up in the morning and if I need a pan I struggle to get to one under the pile - and it's noisy. Mother in law is sleeping downstairs at the moment, recovering from her broken ankle surgery and avoiding stairs. I don't want to wake her when making brekky for stepdaughter before work.

This morning the pans were piled so high that opening the crockery cupboard is impossible without the door knocking it all over.

So I'm just getting my 'official picket' armband ready.

Old Feb 27th 2017, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK;12191917
If there are two carrots left in a pan, that stops him from doing the whole pan rather than putting them in a small dish along with any leftover spuds or whatever. If there's some meat left on the roasting dish then that similarly prevents him washing that - or even just putting it to soak. :frown:
[URL
http://cdn.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/254.jpg[/URL]
My OH behaves like that! And he's 63 years old-no excuse
My ploy is to get to the kitchen area before anyone else, decant all leftovers so he can see that everything empty needs washing.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 1:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
My ploy is to get to the kitchen area before anyone else, decant all leftovers so he can see that everything empty needs washing.

I did that yesterday. I think that's why the pile got so high when he did it.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 3:22 pm
Oscar nominated

And the winner is.....
Old Feb 27th 2017, 3:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

And the winner is.....
La La Moonshine..
Old Feb 27th 2017, 6:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to have to resurrect my strike action.

There has been a slight improvement but really only to the point that it's now the draining rack cluttered rather than the sink.

Honestly, my stepson is like a kid trying to get away with the bare minimum. If there are two carrots left in a pan, that stops him from doing the whole pan rather than putting them in a small dish along with any leftover spuds or whatever. If there's some meat left on the roasting dish then that similarly prevents him washing that - or even just putting it to soak.

To achieve this improvement it's mostly been me and mother in law, but that was a small price to pay for the improvement.

Unfortunately, he's likely taken advantage of that and now he's just piling stuff up in the draining rack and leaves that there until someone gets fed up and empties it.

I get up in the morning and if I need a pan I struggle to get to one under the pile - and it's noisy. Mother in law is sleeping downstairs at the moment, recovering from her broken ankle surgery and avoiding stairs. I don't want to wake her when making brekky for stepdaughter before work.

This morning the pans were piled so high that opening the crockery cupboard is impossible without the door knocking it all over.

So I'm just getting my 'official picket' armband ready.

http://cdn.list25.com/wp-content/upl...012/01/254.jpg
Why not get yourself a cheap all inclusive holiday resort package to the Caribbean and go and sit on the beach for two weeks and let them get on with it.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 6:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Oink
Why not get yourself a cheap all inclusive holiday resort package to the Caribbean and go and sit on the beach for two weeks and let them get on with it.
Does such a thing exist?

I haven't ruled out a surprise UK trip yet. Now that you mention it, perhaps I should aim for one in May and while there bugger off on a late deal to Greece or Spain just like I used to.

You've planted a seed now.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 6:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Does such a thing exist?

I haven't ruled out a surprise UK trip yet. Now that you mention it, perhaps I should aim for one in May and while there bugger off on a late deal to Greece or Spain just like I used to.

You've planted a seed now.
Yeah. I used to find places that would do all-inclusive on the quiet for an extra fee, that why you're not restricted to endless buffets. Plus, find one that includes all the water sports in the package. Also, take some of them boat excursions that include snorkelling, bbq lunch and free booze. Or take a day to go charter fishing although those trips but they can be a bit spendy. One tip though, try and find an island that's not so popular with Americans. We're cads.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Cuba now before it's full of Americans. You can find a deal and book it and bugger off any time after collecting rent tomorrow if you want. Take the MIL, she can recuperate on the beach, and when you come back, the dishes had better be done.
Canada: B.C.Highway Cams
Cuba:
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-cuban-beaches-zc.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 27th 2017 at 10:04 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:54 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
...Take the MIL, she can recuperate on the beach, and when you come back, the dishes had better be done.

She'd miss her physio appointments.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:57 pm

She'd miss her physio appointments.
Don't take your MIL, that's going to put a damper on your pulling opportunities. Surely there are exercise she could at home for a couple of weeks.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 11:03 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Oink
Don't take your MIL, that's going to put a damper on your pulling opportunities.
Actually she just told me I'd hinder her chances.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 4:06 am

I naffing hate plastic money. I like campervans.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 7:50 pm
Oscar nominated

For those that missed it

I wonder if passports could be redesigned along these lines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.