Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Mar 20th 2021, 1:36 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Well you have rubber stamped her pure ignorance, not the mention the rest of her wonderful traits.
I'm not sure that I have. I don't know if she's ignorant or not, neither do you.

Aged inbreeds?
The Queen, Prince Philip, the broach woman ....

Old Mar 20th 2021, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit that I like the idea of Canada havin the Governor-General position as a non-political Head of State representative.

It removes that "political aspect when representing Canada at a world function ............... eg, when a new pope if being installed, or at a coronation of the new king or queen in a European country

I remembered being appalled when watching a bit of one such event, when all the commentators were discussing what it meant when the President of the US was seated here, not there.

If it is an elected official representing a country there always seems to be political jockeying going on with others of the same ilk.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
I have to admit that I like the idea of Canada havin the Governor-General position as a non-political Head of State representative.

It removes that "political aspect when representing Canada at a world function ............... eg, when a new pope if being installed, or at a coronation of the new king or queen in a European country

I remembered being appalled when watching a bit of one such event, when all the commentators were discussing what it meant when the President of the US was seated here, not there.

If it is an elected official representing a country there always seems to be political jockeying going on with others of the same ilk.
Exactly!!! Scilly!!

The Queen to the UK, the Governer General to Canada a non political head of state..... some people keep banging on about abolishing it...and replacing it with what? an "elected" corruptible head of state?

I don't understand why people want to waste all this energy in abolishing something that works perfectly well. "if it ain't broke don't fix it" way too much energy and actual bile venom and hatred is spouted in wanting to abolish the monarchy, why? as a patriotic Brit I really don't even begin to understand that.

Just one of my arguments in favour of the monarchy and the arrangement we have in the UK and Canada.... it forms somewhat of a safety net from over zealous dictatorship style government, I think most people miss that element of it.

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Mar 20th 2021 at 4:35 am.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm not sure that I have. I don't know if she's ignorant or not, neither do you.
Indeed if she is not naive or ignorant, she most definitley has a social gain agenda.... your a smart guy, and even if your anti monarchist republican, whatever.....its pretty plain to see what she is..... Social climber.. and one that doesn't even possess the class to actually do it.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 20th 2021 at 12:28 pm. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Mar 20th 2021, 11:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed if she is not naive or ignorant, she most definitley has a social gain agenda.... your a smart guy, and even if your anti monarchist republican, whatever.....its pretty plain to see what she is..... Social climber.. and one that doesn't even possess the class to actually do it.
I'm not an anti-monarchist republican. This thread is site specific, it's like owning winter tyres or having heard of the Okanagan, an interest in the Royal Family is something accepted as normal here that one never ever considers in real life. It's niche thing, the same way that, on the car boards, everyone knows the size of their jets but, in the street, most people don't even know that they have some carburetors..

I don't much care about the royal family but find the pile on and relentless bitchery distasteful. She will not, could not, have been ready for the rampant racism of the Daily Mail.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 20th 2021 at 12:31 pm. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Mar 20th 2021, 8:43 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Except her target wasn't the DM, it was squarely the royal family.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 9:35 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with social climbing?
Old Mar 20th 2021, 9:45 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

The Queen, Prince Philip, the broach woman ....
Third cousins isn't a close degree of consanguity. As for the broach woman she's German, brought up in Australia, ( I've Googled her I didn't know this but just in case I seem extra nerdy) daddy was a Nazi and she seems to be a well rounded racist
Old Mar 20th 2021, 10:43 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
What's wrong with social climbing?
Nothing wrong with so-called social mobility. Social climbers have a tendancy to disregard their background and people who have been instrumental in their climb. MM appears to be a classic case.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Nothing wrong with so-called social mobility. Social climbers have a tendancy to disregard their background and people who have been instrumental in their climb. MM appears to be a classic case.
Good post.

Old Mar 21st 2021, 12:31 am
limey party pooper

Well, I never knew there was a difference. It seems a rather nebulous one.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 12:52 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Except her target wasn't the DM, it was squarely the royal family.
She just won a court case against the daily mail.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Perfect response. As I said.... she doesn't actually possess the class to actually pull it off.

If all goes wrong play the race card....way to go Meghan.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not an anti-monarchist republican. This thread is site specific, it's like owning winter tyres or having heard of the Okanagan, an interest in the Royal Family is something accepted as normal here that one never ever considers in real life. It's niche thing, the same way that, on the car boards, everyone knows the size of their jets but, in the street, most people don't even know that they have some carburetors..

I don't much care about the royal family but find the pile on and relentless bitchery distasteful. She will not, could not, have been ready for the rampant racism of the Daily Mail.

Fair enough. I see what you are saying.

However this is a VERY divisive subject.....people feel very passionate about it.. from both sides I guess, so the debate is never going to be pretty is it. To me it seems blindingly obvious, but as I have said so many times before we are all different. and I would never say anything on here that I wouldn't say to a persons face... say in a pub. Thats what I base my rules on for online debate, so I don't think there is "bitchery" just strong opinions... although I must say some are very provoking.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

So Harry has got himself a paid job ........... by virtue it seems of being introduced by "a mutual friend" to the CEO of the company.

Well-paying ................ so he shouldn't need any more of Papa's money.

Meghan has also admitted that she got the "we married 3 days before the public show" wrong, that they just exchanged private vows in front of the Archbishop.

That was after their marriage certificate was released, and the former Senior Registrar said she must have been mistaken or didn't understand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.