Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:30 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Since Sky News Australia is a carbon copy of Fox News in the US, what it's concerned with is no concern of mine
They do seem very Foxish.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Her backstory (pre-Haz) evidences her penchant for social climbing. She could indeed be shocked or unimpressed with the backwardness of the royals, although she does seem to enjoy (even demand) the status that her connection with it brings.
She knew exactly what she was getting into IMO...in fact I firmly believe the ‘blind date’ only existed for Haz. I think, judging by the comments she made during the engagement interview, she arrogantly thought she could waltz in and change the RF’s system.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:49 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She knew exactly what she was getting into IMO...in fact I firmly believe the ‘blind date’ only existed for Haz. I think, judging by the comments she made during the engagement interview, she arrogantly thought she could waltz in and change the RF’s system.
Can you recall any of the comments ?

I think she assumed that she was getting in to the British version of celebrity, and didn't realise that there was an obligation of public service.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Can you recall any of the comments ?

I think she assumed that she was getting in to the British version of celebrity, and didn't realise that there was an obligation of public service.
Please, please don’t make me listen to the interview again.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 19th 2021 at 6:04 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 6:16 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Please, please don’t make me listen to the interview again.
But it must have been difficult for her, coming from the USA, expecting full equality, and finding out that she has to play second fiddle to the unremarkable Kate ? Not just on one occasion, but for life. I can certainly see why she had a change of heart. The RF is literally and historically (!) antithetical to the American psyche.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Bless.. so naive

40 isn't young(ish).. it middle age. She's not a stupid woman.. I'm sure she was made aware of what was expected of her and went into it with her eyes open! She didn't want to behave/live that way - and perhaps expected to be treated as 'special' - not the younger brothers wife with no 'standing. Perhaps still doesn't understand why she wouldn't be a princess on marrying Harry - just as she can't appear to grasp that Archie isn't entitled to be named as a Prince until his Grandfather becomes King. Jealousy? far from it, lol

I don't think she necessarily set out to entrap him, but it's certainly appears to be her belief that she deserves a better life than one of service to Britain - and is using her 'connections' and 'infamy' to create an income stream..

Such is life.
Agreed Siouxie, 40 is no longer young... I remember being really depressed when I turned 40! lol and no one can serioulsy claim to be naive at that age, unless you have lived a very sheltered life, and im afraid ol' Meg doesnt fall into that category at all.

However ignorant, shallow and narcissistic are what she is..... she has demonstrated her ignorance combined with and her dismissive attitude for the Queen and royal protocol She expected even more than a royal title (and of course non of the royal duty). The fact she got the younger brothers wife with no standing deal has no doubt greatly annoyed her. So as a result now she is on a poor me whingefest and has the audacity to play the race card! Thats a pretty low thing to do....and the Americans have swallowed it hook line and sinker!
Old Mar 19th 2021, 7:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
. So as a result now she is on a poor me whingefest and has the audacity to play the race card! Thats a pretty low thing to do....and the Americans have swallowed it hook line and sinker!
Surely she's on solid ground in thinking the aged inbreeds treated her differently because she's Black. It might have been worse if she was Irish, or a dog, but it's very unlikely that the family failed to notice.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 8:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Agreed Siouxie, 40 is no longer young... I remember being really depressed when I turned 40! lol and no one can serioulsy claim to be naive at that age, unless you have lived a very sheltered life, and im afraid ol' Meg doesnt fall into that category at all.

However ignorant, shallow and narcissistic are what she is..... she has demonstrated her ignorance combined with and her dismissive attitude for the Queen and royal protocol She expected even more than a royal title (and of course non of the royal duty). The fact she got the younger brothers wife with no standing deal has no doubt greatly annoyed her. So as a result now she is on a poor me whingefest and has the audacity to play the race card! Thats a pretty low thing to do....and the Americans have swallowed it hook line and sinker!
As are all your posts in this thread Paul.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 8:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I have a wife, and an ex, who is 40. I expect they'd object to being called "middle aged". Not that I'm going to try it. .

Do you really think being a member of the royal family is a life of service to Britain? It's a job of fete opening and what not but that's no different to being in America and being a former member of the cast of Days of Our Lives; one is condemned to cutting ribbons in shopping malls in the hope of drawing a crowd. I once saw Lou Ferrigno do that in Milton Keynes. It's celebrity of a sort and, plainly, people like to see it but it's not service, the country is not better because minor royals do that.
The 2 are nothing similar. A so called 'celebrity' can opt out at any time they want to (and often are caste aside ... DYSWIDT) - they are only as good as their social media standing! ..... Meanwhile a royal is a royal for life.. and Yes, they perform a duty to the Queen, the country etc.

Clearly you don't believe in royalism.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 19th 2021 at 11:46 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 9:23 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I basically threw in the towel at 40. Simply too late to accomplish certain things once past 40, many simply societal and ageism but eh its the society we created and live in.
That's utter rubbish. Plenty can be achieved after 40. 40 is middle age, but it's also the prime of life, enough experience to help the brain while the body can still do the stuff you want it to.

Old Mar 19th 2021, 10:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
That's utter rubbish.
It certainly is.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 10:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly you don't believe in royalism.
I don't. The point of it is lost on me. I wouldn't campaign to abolish it but it's as relevant to me as ice hockey or the flat earth society. If y'all want to trash someone why not a deserving candidate, Katie Hopkins, for example.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Surely she's on solid ground in thinking the aged inbreeds treated her differently because she's Black. It might have been worse if she was Irish, or a dog, but it's very unlikely that the family failed to notice.
Well you have rubber stamped her pure ignorance, not the mention the rest of her wonderful traits.

Aged inbreeds? you just said 40 was young!! Prince William is only 39,, and its said he is the one that is most incensed about all of this....as I am sure he feels his younger brother has been hi jacked by this charlatan
Old Mar 19th 2021, 11:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't. The point of it is lost on me. I wouldn't campaign to abolish it but it's as relevant to me as ice hockey or the flat earth society. If y'all want to trash someone why not a deserving candidate, Katie Hopkins, for example.
The point of royalty is lost and not relevant to you and yet you continue to post your opinions in this thread against them.. so you must have some interest, LOL.

Not all of the comments are trashing anyone... and yet you continue to trash the Royal family... a touch of hypocracy there, perhaps....
Old Mar 20th 2021, 1:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

The point of royalty is lost and not relevant to you and yet you continue to post your opinions in this thread against them.. so you must have some interest, LOL.

Some interest, sure. As with Billie Eilish's hair colour the royal family are a matter of passing interest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.