Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Jan 16th 2020, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Not read this very closely but didn’t see any racial “undertones” here. The reality is their behaviour has invited and deserved criticism. Whatever the justification if they want out so be it. Whatever happens they are entitled to security, both the UK and Canada choose to have a monarchy for the time being at least and each state has a duty to provide security.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-Wedding.html
Old Jan 16th 2020, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
Wow, now that would be very sad.
It is possible. You could be right. Most of her relationships with family and a past marraige are unstable or broken.
He moves country for her, leaves family and heritage and home. She dumps him?
I don't want to even think it.
Witchly wicked that is.
It is very sad....but I wouldn't be shocked at all if that's what happens....shes all about Meg.

Shes fallen out with all her family except for her mom.... seems to be a common denominator there?. Or we could be wrong and she is genuinley in love and just wants to live a normal life with her family..... nah... as I have said Ive met many people like her the traits are there to see....
Old Jan 16th 2020, 7:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

So it's all a plot then. A sort of variation on black widow but without the killing part.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
So it's all a plot then. A sort of variation on black widow but without the killing part.
Maybe its a plot by Liz to retake the colonies..... next Princess Anne will be "wanting a normal life" in Austraila!
Old Jan 16th 2020, 8:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
No, it's all bullshit, these people are just jealous of the Sussex family for some reason and have gathered to jeer like a circle of drunks around a fight. That family, by the way, seems to be getting on well with the neighbours in Saanich which is nice to see. The gutter press aims low because that's where they find their readership.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:06 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Your username seems increasingly apt. There's a lot of confusion here...

There's clearly a lack of understanding of how the film and TV industry works with "talent." Actors trying to break in to Hollywood - whatever their motivation, whether it's for "the craft" or in pursuit of fame and fortune - have to take small parts in whatever productions are offered, in order to be seen by producers and casting directors so that they're more likely to get the next, larger, part. I'm no apologist for Meghan, or for the Royal Family come to that, but your criticism of her choice of career seems bizarre.

I'd be interested to understand how your initial gut feeling (initial from when, by the way? Were you an avid follower of Ms Markle's career before she came to the public eye through her relationship with Harry?) has been reaffirmed. Which people has she used and dropped? What is it that she wants, that in your opinion she presumably has now got? How do you know that's what she wants?

On what basis do you form your view that she wouldn't have given Harry a second look if he wasn't a prince? Are you a confidant of hers, that you have this remarkable insight into the innermost thoughts concerning her emotions and motives for attachment? If so, you should really write a book about it, it'd sell millions.

Your last paragraph is where it the confusion seems to really derail your argument. You want them to make their own way, yet don't want them to have the freedom to decide where to live? If they're not able to separate themselves physically from the baying pack of tabloid journalists, how is it that you expect them to be able to work for a living and not "ride off of the Queen's coattails." There's a cake: you can have it, or you can eat it, but you can't do both.
Exactly this.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:12 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confused_uk
Oh look a second insult towards me, have you nothing better to do? Or are just a huge Markle fan intent on defending her honour.

I’m fully aware I don’t know her or her intentions but I have met similar toxic people in my life and can recognize the traits, good for you if everyone in your life has been perfect so you don’t see it. I would also like to point out you don’t know her either so aren’t exactly in a position to tell me I’m wrong.

You clearly don’t understand my last paragraph, yes they can have the freedom to live where they like but they should have to go through the same process to live there like anyone else would. They shouldn’t get the red carpet rolled out because of royalty connections. Like someone else said they want to pick and choose the best bits that suit them and dump the dull responsibilities they don’t like.

Im not even going to respond to you anymore because I don’t have to justify my opinion to you and I’m not going to give you more ammunition to insult me.
I think Oak only pointed out that your opinion on Meghan is very poorly founded. None of us know her, so why not give her the benefit of the doubt?

Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Have none of you taken a dislike to someone on first meeting or first sight?

Irrational yes, but it happens.

Sometimes you find out that the person you disliked or thought an absolute twit turns out to be really nice on closer acquaintance.

I should know ... I didn't like a person when I first met him. It took me 7+ years to discover that I really did like him, a lot. We've been married over 52 years

None of us will have a chance to meet Meghan or Harry in real life or under real circumstances, so we can only judge anything on first impressions as seen in live images of them on TV or reports in the media, or from people who have met them.

It doesn't help when the reports are so mixed, when they seem diametrically opposed .............. she's a lovely person, she isn't she uses people and then drops them when they are no further use. Which is true????

............ but I must say that I have noticed some almost sneering looks on M's face, even once when looking at the Queen (on one of her appearances on the Balcony). Plus her continually staring into H's eyes, without paying that much attention to people around her who she is supposed to be meeting.

Is it all artificial?

I don't know .... but it grates on me, and tends to make me think that she isn't the person we see, and that makes me slide over to the not liking side.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 11:18 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
Wow, now that would be very sad.
It is possible. You could be right. Most of her relationships with family and a past marraige are unstable or broken.
He moves country for her, leaves family and heritage and home. She dumps him?
I don't want to even think it.
Witchly wicked that is.
Harry comes from a broken home and with many divorces in the family. She moved country for him and left friends, Family and heritage. He is the one who is leaving now, how is this Meghan’s fault? He has not been happy since left the Army, and said before he met her that he did not like royal life. Make him responsible for his own actions. Why is she a witch because he made a choice? What if he dumps her?
Old Jan 16th 2020, 11:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly

Sometimes you find out that the person you disliked or thought an absolute twit turns out to be really nice on closer acquaintance.

I should know ... I didn't like a person when I first met him. It took me 7+ years to discover that I really did like him, a lot. We've been married over 52 years

None of us will have a chance to meet Meghan or Harry in real life or under real circumstances, so we can only judge anything on first impressions as seen in live images of them on TV or reports in the media, or from people who have met them.

It doesn't help when the reports are so mixed, when they seem diametrically opposed .............. she's a lovely person, she isn't she uses people and then drops them when they are no further use. Which is true????

............ but I must say that I have noticed some almost sneering looks on M's face, even once when looking at the Queen (on one of her appearances on the Balcony). Plus her continually staring into H's eyes, without paying that much attention to people around her who she is supposed to be meeting.

Is it all artificial?

I don't know .... but it grates on me, and tends to make me think that she isn't the person we see, and that makes me slide over to the not liking side.
let’s face it she was not some 19 year old innocent Diana when she met Harry on a ‘blind’ date. IMO it was blind on his part but I think she knew exactly who she was meeting that night. She was in her mid 30’s and had been around the block a few times. She seems to be very savvy, she knew what she was getting into and how she would benefit from it. If she didn’t she should not of rushed into the marriage. It has been reported that they started licensing their brand as early as last year, in preparation for their future ‘career’ move. They had barely been married 9 months, she didn’t give it much of a chance did she? All this while millions of tax payers money was being spent on refurbishing their home. On the other hand, she probably came into contact with some very snobby people. People who would look down on her no matter what her ethnicity was.

it is reported that Harry has been wanting ‘out’ for years. He can’t help being born a senior member of the Royal Family. So maybe they’ve been of use to each other. I hope I am wrong and they all live happily ever after.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 16th 2020 at 11:37 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 12:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
No, it's all bullshit, these people are just jealous of the Sussex family for some reason and have gathered to jeer like a circle of drunks around a fight. That family, by the way, seems to be getting on well with the neighbours in Saanich which is nice to see. The gutter press aims low because that's where they find their readership.
"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to caretaker again"
Old Jan 17th 2020, 1:16 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I don't think this is the case. Harry's what, sixth in line to the throne? It's exceedingly unlikely that the five people above him will all predecease him; if I cared enough for it to bother me I don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with his desire to step back from "front line" royal duties. As the younger son of the heir, his place is much more like that of, say, Anne, or Edward (let's ignore Andrew, he's just a nightmare all to himself). Sure, be the patron of a few charities. Maybe be the colonel-in-chief of a regiment or two. Get trotted out for the big set-piece occasions of pomp and pageantry. But other than that, keep yourself to yourself. I can imagine that his kid will end up in much the same position as Peter and Zara Phillips, who are figureheads and patrons for causes they choose to support, but play no other active role in the life of the royal family. I'd be unsurprised if Harry and Meghan decide that he should continue not to have any formal title or HRH or any of that stuff.
Should have been clearer as I meant wanting to step back from front line duties but still have the security of being a front line royal. Fairly sure Princess Anne doesn't have the levels of security that Meg and Harry are requesting.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 1:19 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly

Is it all artificial?

It's impossible to truly know if it is an act, but the way she looks at him seems so OTT. That's why I didn't like her as the way she behaved seemed fake and more like she was acting the part instead of being a real person.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 1:22 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It was ‘the family she has never had’ during their engagement interview that did it for me. Warning bells went off straight away. I knew then that she had Harry exactly where she wanted him.

Although she’s a D list actress, she has been playing the part of her life for the last 3+ years. The way she constantly gazes at him, all for the cameras, it is so false. Once an actress always an actress.

Now has the fame and platform she wanted, she will have little use for Harry.
Totally agree. Maybe it's just her way, but it doesn't look real.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 1:29 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm astonished. I had to see what this 'gazing' at him was all about. So I checked out a few pics. It's absolute bollocks. They're just looking at each other.

Maybe some of you should try it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.