Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

how much of a slut are you?

how much of a slut are you?

Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:44 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much of a slut are you?

Originally Posted by ann m

I find the best way to clean the house is to invite someone over for dinner.
Thanks Ann,

7pm Saturday then?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:09 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we're particularly slutty or anal. We're not into knick-knacks so it's usually quite tidy, except for my office, which has piles of dusty paper on the floor. There are, however, almost always some tools lying around, along with various items of clothing.

Cleaning comes in campaigns. It is not unknown for her to go at the tiles wih a toothbrush.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I was saying to my Mrs he other day about when we were in the Army, we had to move house so we would pack everything away and clean the house extreme style. I can remember of having to use tip ex to whiten the tile grout around the coal fire place years ago, Using a cotton bud to clean the corners in the window frames! Very extreme!
Every time we did it we would say we were going to hire some cleaning firm to it the next time. She would then clean the house and say to me they can come and clean it now! There was no way I was paying after she had cleaned it! It was just typical of her she wouldnt let them come and clean the house if it was dirty! She's a Crazy old girl!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:29 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Given the title this is such a disappointing thread.
No ones asked to see that picture either. You are all so good.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:33 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I don't think we're particularly slutty or anal. We're not into knick-knacks so it's usually quite tidy, except for my office, which has piles of dusty paper on the floor. There are, however, almost always some tools lying around, along with various items of clothing.

Cleaning comes in campaigns. It is not unknown for her to go at the tiles wih a toothbrush.
I've done the toothbrush tile thing, well the grout anyway.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:06 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
I've done the toothbrush tile thing, well the grout anyway.
Me too - and am known to walk round with a damp cloth in hand to scrub any slight mark I may see off the carpet!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:08 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Well if its any consolation Caz you didn't come across as being an over the top cleaner when Purple and I stayed

Edited to add just read that back and it reads like you don't clean at all - which you do - your house was spotless, what I meant was....................... oh stuff it you know what I meant
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:10 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Well if its any consolation Caz you didn't come across as being an over the top cleaner when Purple and I stayed

Edited to add just read that back and it reads like you don't clean at all - which you do - your house was spotless, what I meant was....................... oh stuff it you know what I meant
Sometimes, my love, it's best to just shut up.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:12 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

Sometimes, my love, it's best to just shut up.
He he - Mands - I have "Coping" strategies now - friends and alcohol usually keep the urges away!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:24 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
He he - Mands - I have "Coping" strategies now - friends and alcohol usually keep the urges away!
Oh christ friends and alcohol used to be a cause of the mess back in the day
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:42 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Me too - and am known to walk round with a damp cloth in hand to scrub any slight mark I may see off the carpet!
My damp cloth is for the kitchen cupboards.........drives my OH nuts - when he's in the kitchen i'm right behind him, he can barely put a spoon down on the counter and it's whipped away and the spit of liquid cleaned up!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:51 am
Slob

Originally Posted by dollface
My damp cloth is for the kitchen cupboards.........drives my OH nuts - when he's in the kitchen i'm right behind him, he can barely put a spoon down on the counter and it's whipped away and the spit of liquid cleaned up!
That's divorce territory. I love it, absolutely love it, when she starts cleaning the pots while I'm cooking dinner, including the ones I'm still using.

"Where's the jug gone?"

"What jug?"

"The one that was on the counter"

"Oh, I washed it"

"What happened to the liquid in it; the porcini soaking liquid that I want to now put into the the risotto?"

"Erm......"
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:06 am

That's divorce territory. I love it, absolutely love it, when she starts cleaning the pots while I'm cooking dinner, including the ones I'm still using.

"Where's the jug gone?"

"What jug?"

"The one that was on the counter"

"Oh, I washed it"

"What happened to the liquid in it; the porcini soaking liquid that I want to now put into the the risotto?"

"Erm......"
Do you live in my house?? it's exactly the same here - you see, I clean as I go, where as he uses every pot, bowl and untencil in the cupboard and leaves it all till he's eaten (and some !) drives me MENTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:54 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we are both untidy, him more than me. Together we have perfect entropy. Nobody does anything to make the mess it just happens.

I feel uncomfortable in perfectly clean and tidy houses. I can't relax in case I spill something, or drop crumbs, or wrinkle the cushions. On the other hand I have been in a house where I couldn't eat without gagging as the place was so filthy, we had to leave early to find a public loo as theirs was too awful to use. Lovely people though, really lovely.

I should learn to love the chaos and not give a stuff about what people think.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:56 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
On the other hand I have been in a house where I couldn't eat without gagging as the place was so filthy, we had to leave early to find a public loo as theirs was too awful to use. Lovely people though, really lovely.
I did wonder why you left so abruptly.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.