Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

how much of a slut are you?

how much of a slut are you?

Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:27 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how much of a slut are you?

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
My 'house' is pretty good, my cave (as the OH likes to call my office) is a complete bombsite BUT I know where everything is.

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Our house is generally neat and tidy but my office usually looks like a bomb went off in there. I do however know where just about everything is.

GET OUT OF MY OFFICE.
What do you mean your office it's mine, MINE, MINE, MINE.

That explains why I only know where "just" about everything is. You've been shifting the rest.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I read somewhere that it's down to brain makeup. ie if neither right nor left side dominates then you don't stand a chance of being tidy.
Why is it that nowadays there has to be an excuse for the way one is: I am fat because of my genes, I am unable to be tidy because of my genes. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

I am a reall tidy bugger and a bit of a control freak when it comes to such matters, but I blame it all on the fact that I wasn't allowed to eat chocolate bars when I was in the womb

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Sep 24th 2009 at 7:11 am.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:11 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Why is it that nowadays there has to be an excuse for the way one is: I am fat because of my genes, I am unable to be tidy because of my genes. Whatever happen to personal responsibility.

I am a reall tidy bugger and a bit of a control freak when it comes to such matters, but I blame it all on the fact that I wasn't allowed to eat chocolate bars when I was in the womb
ha ha - yeah blame yr mother!

My kids now wait for me to shout "Oi back up stairs in yr rooms and tell me whats wrong"

they troop in and then pick up their towels, make their beds, put snotty tissues in bin etc. . .
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:39 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
ha ha - yeah blame yr mother!

My kids now wait for me to shout "Oi back up stairs in yr rooms and tell me whats wrong"

they troop in and then pick up their towels, make their beds, put snotty tissues in bin etc. . .
If I was you C, I'd threaten them with having to listen to Mika and watch Videos of their Mum dancing with big fluffy dogs.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:53 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

If I was you C, I'd threaten them with having to listen to Mika and watch Videos of their Mum dancing with big fluffy dogs.
Ha ha - daughter likes M too - son just hums the tunes and then goes OH NO!!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:55 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this thread is not at all what I was expecting. And I was all set to post a link to my shaved pussys oozing gash too.

How important is tidyness?...well if you ask MrsK its a lot more important than I think it is....

I suppose you can always PM me for a link to the picture, but its not for the squeemish
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:59 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

mmm when I lived alone I would be a complete slut (read slob) midweek then have a cleaning frenzy at the weekend ready to begin again first thing Monday morning.

I miss that sometimes - you can just come home throw your work clothes on the floor, or getting ready to go out have an array of outfits hanging from every lampshade and door knob while you're trying to decide what to wear.

When you live with somebody who is almost obsessive about everything being in its proper place you have to temper those untidy habits
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:01 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
mmm when I lived alone I would be a complete slut (read slob) midweek then have a cleaning frenzy at the weekend ready to begin again first thing Monday morning.

I miss that sometimes - you can just come home throw your work clothes on the floor, or getting ready to go out have an array of outfits hanging from every lampshade and door knob while you're trying to decide what to wear.
Yep that about sums up your old place.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:01 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

When you live with somebody who is almost obsessive about everything being in its proper place you have to temper those untidy habits
Apparently not... according to MrsK.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:16 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that about sums up your old place.

well what the hell
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:50 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Are you me? Is your fella, my fella

Our house is usually presentable in a lived in homely sense, take me as you find me type thing, if I haven't hoovered the dog fluff yet, I will soon(tomorrow). However we have visitors at the moment, if hubby could have cleaned the roof he would have done, it's been a nightmare, all my filing has been hidden in the cupboard where I can't reach it or add to it. I agree with the comment about needing muck for immunity - anyhow, visitors are comming back from the lake house tomorrow and I have been to clean bathrooms and tidy - my god they are only people

Why do visitors think that the cups and plates etc that they use put themselves into the dishwasher???????
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm think it should be slob also I confess I am a bit OCD, no washing up left in sink or on draining board, bed made minute we are up, no clothes on floors, worktops anti bacteria sprayed after every use....hoover every day, clothes hung in colour order ....I live with someone I have nicknamed the whirlwind as he just leave mess behind him .....drives me nuts but my tiding up drives him nuts...so between us we try to comprimise but it's not easy.....
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:54 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jukeboxwidow
Hmm think it should be slob also I confess I am a bit OCD, no washing up left in sink or on draining board, bed made minute we are up, no clothes on floors, worktops anti bacteria sprayed after every use....hoover every day, clothes hung in colour order ....I live with someone I have nicknamed the whirlwind as he just leave mess behind him .....drives me nuts but my tiding up drives him nuts...so between us we try to comprimise but it's not easy.....
You know soap is anti-bacterial too? There's also the risk of causing more problems by using more chemical anti-baterial agents in the home. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol7no3_supp/levy.htm

I used to live with someone, non-affectionally known as Shithead II, who was obsessively tidy. It made me miserable. He even had to have the couch lined up just so, with the books on the coffee table lined up, misery. He went to live in Croydon.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:55 am
half a century

Originally Posted by Jukeboxwidow
Sounds like me. Decided I needed help when I started to make the kids late for school = couldnt leave the house without having hoovered, washed floors etc. . .including pulling out sofa, fridge, washing machine!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:57 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Sounds like me. Decided I needed help when I started to make the kids late for school = couldnt leave the house without having hoovered, washed floors etc. . .including pulling out sofa, fridge, washing machine!
OMG

If you visited someone who was less than tidy, how would you feel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.