Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

how much of a slut are you?

how much of a slut are you?

Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much of a slut are you?

How tidy/clean/organised is you house? If it's untidy does it really matter??

My house is always a mess, heaps of papers on tables, nothing filed away, clothes on the bedroom floor. I used to have one room that was presentable but with this open plan living there's nowhere to hide. I waste hours trying to sort it the mess when I could be doing something fun.

Apart from basic hygiene, clean loos and kitchen, is it important? How badly does one judge others for having a messy home??

NB this applies to both sexes.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:18 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much of a slut are you?

Originally Posted by fledermaus

My house is always a mess, heaps of papers on tables, nothing filed away, clothes on the bedroom floor. I used to have one room that was presentable but with this open plan living there's nowhere to hide. I waste hours trying to sort it the mess when I could be doing something fun.

Apart from basic hygiene, clean loos and kitchen, is it important? How badly does one judge others for having a messy home??

My 'house' is pretty good, my cave (as the OH likes to call my office) is a complete bombsite BUT I know where everything is.

As long as the place is largely dust free and MOST of the doghair is 'removed' I couldnt give a Rats Ass.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Um...do you mean slob? Slut and house cleanliness don't really go together in my mind!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:21 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Um...do you mean slob? Slut and house cleanliness don't really go together in my mind!
Really?

I would have thought most Sluts didnt have the time (or inclination) to worry about the house being clean
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Really?

I would have thought most Sluts didnt have the time (or inclination) to worry about the house being clean

Depends whether the action happens at their place!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty much a tidy person and I tend not to acquire things. Living with a two dogs, one of them a puppy, a frequent autistic visitor and a hoarder who never picked up an item of clothing in her life was not ideal for me.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Our house is generally neat and tidy but my office usually looks like a bomb went off in there. I do however know where just about everything is.

However when we have our grand daughters staying with us the house looks like a war zone. There are toys all over the place. We tidy up a little when they go to bed but it's all over the place again as soon as they get up the next morning.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:07 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Am a bit anal and OCD - like it all tidy, put away and bleached to buggery!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus

You have just described my house.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennyhp
You have just described my house.
Ditto here! I like things clean, but seem to struggle with the concept of tidy. Also, we have guest accommodation and I make sure I keep that immaculately clean and tidy (it's a totally separate building, thankfully ) so during the Summer season, with the kids home all day spreading lego and various "crafts" everywhere, our house rapidly becomes even more of a bomb-site
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
My 'house' is pretty good, my cave (as the OH likes to call my office) is a complete bombsite BUT I know where everything is.
Originally Posted by Steve_P
Our house is generally neat and tidy but my office usually looks like a bomb went off in there. I do however know where just about everything is.
GET OUT OF MY OFFICE.

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
like it all tidy and bleached to buggery!
We are talking about your house, right?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

I read somewhere that it's down to brain makeup. ie if neither right nor left side dominates then you don't stand a chance of being tidy.

I like to think of my house as lived in and welcoming, but I wonder what visitors would think. This must be down to my working class northern upbrining where we had to be tidy and clean. Doorsteps, windows.

Not that I actually get any visitors you understand but one day I might.

I did go to the neighbours house the other evening for one of those product parties, this one was selling environmentally friendly cleaning stuff. According to the woman we should be cleaning the windows weekly, the window screens, using a towel, facecloth, dishcloth once and then its into the laundry...

you need a bit of muck for some immunity

Yep, I'm a slut. Not a slob. Slobs aren't nice, sluts can be
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I too think the word should be 'slob' not 'slut' as they have very different conotations in my mind! We're (more specifically me) not the tidiest of people although the house is generally clean and the untidiness generally only requires an hour or two of concentrated effort to put right. We have a cleaner who comes in once a week which means we do a frantic tidy on a Monday night so she spends the 2 hrs on Tuesday cleaning as opposed to tidying.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:24 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

When we have visitors the apartment is spotless.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
When we have visitors the apartment is spotless.
you make them clean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.