Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How do Canadians vent?

How do Canadians vent?

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do Canadians vent?

This is inspired by another thread where one poster was arguing that, due to the avoidance of all things that may offend, Canada is a dull place to live, whereas another poster was arguing that it makes Canada a pleasant place to live.

This got me thinking about how usually, mild mannered Canadians become absolute nutters once they get behind the wheel of a car, or how said Canadians really love nothing better than a good hard fight in the middle of a hockey game.

Other than in the above situations, I have never witnessed a Canadian losing it. Have you and in what circumstances?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do Canadians vent?

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Other than in the above situations, I have never witnessed a Canadian losing it. Have you and in what circumstances?
I saw a Canadian quiver with rage before beating a nearby Londoner over the head with an umbrella.

The circumstance was that the Canadian was subjected to a barrage of abuse in a bar based consequent upon her accent. The Londoner intervened and, in the resulting fracas, all parties were ejected. The Canadian than discerned that she had left her stash in the bar. For this she blamed the Londoner.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:17 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

They smile nicely and say, "Awesome!"
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:23 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Pop to a local Walmart or Canadian Tire, visit Customer Service, once there hang around for a short while, I guarantee you will see Canadian's venting at some poor employee about crap product, limited warranties and Customer Service.

Threats and shouting appear to be popular, along with the promise to never shop at that location again.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:40 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

They vent on animals while wearing day-glow orange clothing.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:47 pm

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
They vent on animals while wearing day-glow orange clothing.
Took me ages to work that out.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

By leaving numerous abusive voicemail messages at 4am and telling their Daughter-in-law that she has "a real bitch attitude"
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:48 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes you get a good fight going and a game of hockey breaks out around it.

Noe that is what I call a right cross.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:49 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clematis
Took me ages to work that out.
At least you did work it out
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by iaink
At least you did work it out
Guess there is hope for me yet then?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clematis
Guess there is hope for me yet then?
no hope, you're on here with us.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
This is inspired by another thread where one poster was arguing that, due to the avoidance of all things that may offend, Canada is a dull place to live, whereas another poster was arguing that it makes Canada a pleasant place to live.

This got me thinking about how usually, mild mannered Canadians become absolute nutters once they get behind the wheel of a car, or how said Canadians really love nothing better than a good hard fight in the middle of a hockey game.

They're more repressed than Brits and so more volatile. I've never in my life witnessed the kind of road rage that I've seen in Canada, for example. Or the bad driving, but that's another story...
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Sometimes you get a good fight going and a game of hockey breaks out around it.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...og/yefx82f.jpg

Noe that is what I call a right cross.
If this was British football players scrapping the world would be horrified. Yet this kind of violence seems to be a part of hockey matches, and nobody does much to intervene.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Work in Starbucks for a few months - then you will see how serious a Canadian can be. Coffee is no laughing matter, I tell you.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus
no hope, you're on here with us.
True, but I am bored. I am seeing this as a fact finding exercise on how to integrate with Canadians. I shall put this to good use at work later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.