Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Jan 15th 2017, 12:34 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Tangram
Taboo on BBC
The Night of was v good
Saw first two episodes tonight. Really good. HBO produced.

I see it's based on a BBC series called Criminal Justice which had two mini series and this was the first. I must have missed that.

It fits the 'production line' of the American justice system very well.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 1:05 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

This looks handy

BBC - Culture - 29 TV shows to watch out for in 2017
Old Jan 15th 2017, 1:12 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
This looks handy...
I have enough stuff to catch up on let alone newer stuff
Old Jan 15th 2017, 1:22 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I have enough stuff to catch up on let alone newer stuff
You've got the time to watch it and filter out the crap so we can watch the good stuff
Old Jan 15th 2017, 1:57 am
Oscar nominated

You've got the time to watch it and filter out the crap so we can watch the good stuff
I just counted how many TV series that I have downloaded the first one or two episodes (or more) to try out but have yet to get around to.

There are 32 on my laptop alone and likely a whole lot more on external HDs. Not 32 episodes, I mean multiple episodes of 32 different series.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 2:00 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I just counted how many TV series that I have downloaded the first one or two episodes (or more) to try out but have yet to get around to.

There are 32 on my laptop alone and likely a whole lot more on external HDs. Not 32 episodes, I mean multiple episodes of 32 different series.
Well you better crack open a bottle and get started then!
Old Jan 15th 2017, 2:10 am
Oscar nominated

Well you better crack open a bottle and get started then!
Thing is I just watched The Night Of and I liked it. That means I shall be watching 8 episodes before moving onto something else.

I think Homeland starts up tomorrow. Oh, and there's other stuff like Westworld and more that I haven't considered yet.

Maybe a few clones would be an idea.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 4:02 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Just had another mini Netflix binge:

Tried The Crown - not usually a fan of period dramas but I really enjoyed this one.

Line of Duty - anti-corruption police people trying to find bent coppers. Often no idea who the real baddies are but it keeps you guessing and is suspenseful.

and...Motorway Cops was recently added...love a bit of burly policemen who show their distaste for petty criminals and aren't afraid to mince their words!

Borderline - spoof 'comedy' documentary-style show covering UK border force. Absolute pants although Former Lancastrian might want to check it out given the subject matter

For the kidlets:
Mia and Me - girl escapes from real life into cartoons with elves and stuff but the whole family got into this one!
Teen Titans Go - subtle humour that the adults will appreciate as well as the kids.
Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom - a good old classic series by the makers of Peppa Pig with fairies and elves.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 4:10 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Genius Of The Modern World an excellent abridged BBC presentation of the lives and theories of Marx, Nietzsche and Freud.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Just had another mini Netflix binge:

Tried The Crown - not usually a fan of period dramas but I really enjoyed this one.

Line of Duty - anti-corruption police people trying to find bent coppers. Often no idea who the real baddies are but it keeps you guessing and is suspenseful.

and...Motorway Cops was recently added...love a bit of burly policemen who show their distaste for petty criminals and aren't afraid to mince their words!

Borderline - spoof 'comedy' documentary-style show covering UK border force. Absolute pants although Former Lancastrian might want to check it out given the subject matter
Based on your current? former? occupation you may like 'Dreamland' on Netflix. It will put you off working for a government body involved in urban development forever. Very funny.

I was wondering what Borderline was like. Is it like Come fly with me?

In the last year, I think we've watched Dr Foster, Miranda, River, The Fall, Paranoid, Line of Duty, Broadchurch, Land Girls, The Paradise, Luther, Shetland and half way through The Crown in terms of UK shows. Enjoyed them.

On the non-UK side, watched The Killing, some of Breaking Bad and now just starting on Rectify

Hardly watched any TV other than sports on regular TV (except for Corrie, which I keep on saying I'm going to give up on the storylines are getting so bad) since getting Netflix. I also have the BBC Iplayer but only on the PC. I guess I could cast it to the TV. After watching a series on Netflix it gets hard to watch regular TV with its pre-determined timing for being on, its ad breaks if you watch live and the general crapitude of most network tv.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 1:57 am
Oscar nominated

So, the first episode of season 6 of Homeland was last night - downloaded. I normally give priority to something I like that's currently on over my backlog, but I was so into The Night Of that I watched the last four parts this afternoon/evening.

It was hot under the headphones.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 2:23 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching The Young Pope. I like it.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC are to make a series from 'The Spy who came in from The Cold' another Le Carre novel like 'The Night Manager'
Old Jan 17th 2017, 1:35 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Had a watch of Guy Martins Speed and the Spitfire building one, worth a watch if you are mechanical minded.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 1:45 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The BBC are to make a series from 'The Spy who came in from The Cold' another Le Carre novel like 'The Night Manager'
Could be good. The Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy series was very good as was Smiley's People. The TTSS movie, I just couldn't get into. Perhaps these things work better as a series.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.