Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Jan 21st 2017, 9:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Don't be daft
No, streaming Exodus on Kodi
Never heard of it.

Nor Cupertino.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 12:40 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Never heard of it.

Nor Cupertino.
Exodus is an add-on used with Kodi to stream tv and movies- previous incarnation was Genesis, all very biblical-

As for the other, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Campus_2.

The new church of the people who are fooled by white or rose-gold expensive tech and worship Lord Jobs
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 1:17 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Exodus is an add-on used with Kodi to stream tv and movies- previous incarnation was Genesis, all very biblical-
I looked up Sneaky Pete and as far as I could tell it was exclusively on Amazon which is subscription based I believe. Unless there's some arrangement between Amazon and Kodi wouldn't that make it just as "questionable" as all the other methods that we all use for watching shows on sources other than those that broadcast them officially?
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 1:38 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I looked up Sneaky Pete and as far as I could tell it was exclusively on Amazon which is subscription based I believe. Unless there's some arrangement between Amazon and Kodi wouldn't that make it just as "questionable" as all the other methods that we all use for watching shows on sources other than those that broadcast them officially?
Erm...as with GOT/TWD, The Grand Tour, HBO, Amazon yep- that is streaming...

That is how you access programmes on Android boxes
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 2:21 am
Oscar nominated

That is how you access programmes on Android boxes
I was just picking up on your response to Oink's comment about shenanigans and the legalities.

Perhaps I'm not wording it very well or I missed some sort of codespeak

Like it's legal to buy a short wave radio but not legal to use it for what most people use it for. Police radio, Air traffic stuff...that sort of thing.

Other than subscribing to the official carriers of rights owning broadcasters we're all viewing by technically able but 'unofficial' methods.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 2:26 am
I need a walk

I was just picking up on your response to Oink's comment about shenanigans and the legalities.

Perhaps I'm not wording it very well or I missed some sort of codespeak

Like it's legal to buy a short wave radio but not legal to use it for what most people use it for. Police radio, Air traffic stuff...that sort of thing.

Other than subscribing to the official carriers of rights owning broadcasters we're all viewing by technically able but 'unofficial' methods.
Ah right... Get it
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 2:29 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

It's perfectly legal Snoopdawg is doing the same... though not watching my stuff... With an Android box she does likewise but watches her own stuff- Hawaii 5/0, Bones and stuff.

I find it amusing that that is the only android thing that she taints her soul with, I'm amazed that she doesn't want Apple TV though I've heard it isn't very good- as you know, she is a sad worshipper at the Church of Cupertino

HID watches all that nonsense as well. Luckily for me there's a distraction of a church just up the road from me that does some decent communion wine.

It's not, but its handy to hook up airplay to the tv.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 6:23 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a theory about the gunshot at the end?

1986 sequel due in 2018.
Another year to wait!

I'm guessing the son but will wait and see.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 12:04 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
New series of UNFORGOTTEN on ITV Player. First episode was very good IME. The first series I thought excellent.
I had the first couple of episodes of the first series saved since last September and I just watched the first part tonight.
Stunning TV, simply stunning.

I'm just taking the rest of the series and the three parts of the second series that have been on so far.

It's an amazing cast and I didn't recognise Peter Egan or Trevor Eve at all. Hannah Gordon...I'd not have known her if I'd not seen her name in the list beforehand.

On to part 2.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 12:35 am
Oscar nominated

So first series of Unforgotten completed. Best series since the first series of Broadchurch I reckon. Possibly even better.

Unfortunately, series two of Broadchurch came in for a lot of undeserved stick, even if it wasn't as good. Also unfortunately, as much as I enjoyed the American remake, Gracepoint, I'm still remembering David Tennant's American accent and it's overshadowing his Broadchurch one.

Anyway, I'm all up to date on series 2 of Unforgotten and it's still great viewing. Homeland has taken a back seat for now.

Wendy Craig...OMG.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:25 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Apple Tree Yard on BBC
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:32 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Apple Tree Yard on BBC

It was gross. Watched about 10 mins before I wanted to throw up.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:16 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Oink
It was gross. Watched about 10 mins before I wanted to throw up.
Don't tell me, you saw that she was going to prison and you expected a women in chains sort of thing?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the first series of "The Expanse". SciFi genre, galactic geopolitics meets detective drama. Requires a bit of commitment as there is a lot going on but worth persevering with IMHO. Season 2 starts this week I think.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Black Sails back for a 4th season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.