Wikiposts

Feng Shui Advice?

Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feng Shui Advice?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
According to my sources among the Feng Shui cognescenti, those emoticons are in completely the wrong order if you want to win the Lotto for yourself.
That doesn't surprise me one bit.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:32 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsmith
....I'm assuming that anyone who's posted on this thread of yours is automatically part of your online virtual syndicate, and will be on for cut?
Damn right. Moving the bathtub is something that would never have occurred to me.

Since I'm now sure of winning, (thanks to your help) why don't you PM me your bank account details in advance so that I can transfer an appropriate amount?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

Damn right. Moving the bathtub is something that would never have occurred to me.

Since I'm now sure of winning, (thanks to your help) why don't you PM me your bank account details in advance so that I can transfer an appropriate amount?
gosh, your generosity is ovewhelming. Don't send me any money. A car will do, a fancy car of course.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
gosh, your generosity is ovewhelming. Don't send me any money. A car will do, a fancy car of course.
The vultures are circling already are they? A fancy car, is it?

All your old chinese woman friend has contributed is to make an unsuspecting, (dare I say naive?) poster give up on breathe-right strips. Thereby making her OH's life unbearable due to her snoring.

Fancy car?

I think not.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

The vultures are circling already are they? A fancy car, is it?

All your old chinese woman friend has contributed is to make an unsuspecting, (dare I say naive?) poster give up on breathe-right strips. Thereby making her OH's life unbearable due to her snoring.

Fancy car?

I think not.
You can be a very very mean man.

BTW, my Chinese friend was young and attractive, oo, and a doctor.

PS. a peg on the nose might stop the snoring.

PPS, my Chinese friend also said that it was unlucky to live in a house opposite another road, a T junction spot. Seems reasonable to me. All those trucks careering into your house when they fail to stop at the stop sign. You wouldnèt notice though, what with being at the back of the house glueing the loo lid down after hammering the bath plug into the plug hole, all the while with a peg on your nose.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:34 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I know all of you regular lags think I was taking the mickey with these questions, but I have a friend who's cousin tried Feng Shui and won the big one in Germany.

I've come to the realization that science isn't the answer to everything and barren number theory doesn't explain why my friend's cousin (who used to live in Battenburg, but now has emigrated to San Moreno) won the big one just by rearranging the furniture and buying an elephant.

She has lots of room for it in her new house too.

So.... I've moved the bathtub away from the bog to make more space for the chi to flow and I've geo-engineered a sloping hill behind the house.

This represents a considerable investment of course, so I've only got enough left for one shot at the Lotto tonight.

But it's absolutely bound to be the winner. And then you'll all be laughing on the other side of your faces.
Is that where the cake comes from?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:55 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Is that where the cake comes from?
M a y b e.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The origin of the name is not clear, but one theory claims that the cake was created in honour of the marriage in 1884 of Queen Victoria's granddaughter to Prince Louis of Battenberg, with each of the four squares representing each of the four Battenberg princes: Louis, Alexander, Henry and Francis Joseph.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battenberg_cake

Interesting side note on the same page.
"On 10 April 2008 the British Food Standards Agency asked for a voluntary ban on artificial food colourings and suggested that the ban would be practical by the end of 2009. This would mean that certain foods such as mushy peas, battenberg cakes, Turkish Delight and tinned strawberries might disappear temporarily or permanently, unless an alternative natural food colouring is found."

Shock horror and all that, NO MORE Mushy Peas.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:08 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Shock horror and all that, NO MORE BRIGHT GREEN Mushy Peas.
Corrected. No need for mushy peas to be that colour - they are just dried peas cooked for a long time after all. I think they are tasty, but I don't really remember the last time I had them.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:10 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Mushy Peas.
mushy peas EEEWWW!
peas should always be in their full form, not squashed to look like green vomit

edit: but then I'm not British. maybe that's why I don't get it
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
mushy peas EEEWWW!

I don't get mushy peas either and I am British (well I see myself as more of a Canadian).

They just look disgusting to me.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:19 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
mushy peas EEEWWW!

I know lots of people that think that way. They then happily sit down in indian restaurants and talk about how tasty yellow split pea dal is.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:32 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

M a y b e.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battenberg_cake

Interesting side note on the same page.
"On 10 April 2008 the British Food Standards Agency asked for a voluntary ban on artificial food colourings and suggested that the ban would be practical by the end of 2009. This would mean that certain foods such as mushy peas, battenberg cakes, Turkish Delight and tinned strawberries might disappear temporarily or permanently, unless an alternative natural food colouring is found."

Shock horror and all that, NO MORE Mushy Peas.
That pre-empted my next question: "Where can I buy Battenberg cake in Canada?"
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
That pre-empted my next question: "Where can I buy Battenberg cake in Canada?"
There was/is a "British shop" in Calgary that was/is selling it, they also had malt loaf. Very expensive and stale.

I haven't been in, in a few years so I don't know if they still sell them.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:51 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I know lots of people that think that way. They then happily sit down in indian restaurants and talk about how tasty yellow split pea dal is.
so true! i love dahl
but then the taste is completely different

Last edited by spankysparkle; Jan 28th 2010 at 4:51 am. Reason: had another thought
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:31 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

...No sign of Novo I see? I'm beginning to think the numbers may have come up and he's pi**ed off somewhere exotic with all the winnings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.