Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Old Mar 21st 2015, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What I thought funny was that five minutes after delivery exactly as advised, I got an email telling me the parcel had been delivered.
I got an email once from Fedex telling me my item had been delivered about 5 mins before the delivery man rang the door bell.....I figured the delivery guy had more then one at the apartment complex and scanned them all as delivered before leaving the truck.

I don't know where this most recent Canada Post parcel is, still say's delivery by 8pm, Friday March 20th.....

No new tracking info available. If it gets here Monday will have taken about 10 days to travel 100km's....lol

Amazon should partner with the local courier company based in town, they are more reliable for this region then any of the major companies are, they drive to the city daily to pick up and then deliver locally the next day.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 6:16 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered something from Indigo last weekend. I used the cheapo option, which should have had the thing here yesterday (Friday), by Canada Post.

I got it on Wednesday.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I ordered something from Indigo last weekend. I used the cheapo option, which should have had the thing here yesterday (Friday), by Canada Post.

I got it on Wednesday.
Ever since the new Canada Post sorting facility opened in Richmond near Vancouver the time it takes to get something has gone up, by now I would have thought the kinks of the new facility would be sorted but I guess it hasn't since it's still taking 10 days to even get a basic letter in the mail from Vancouver at that.

The mail lady comes daily M-F, so it doesn't appear she is the issue.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 12:42 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
My package turned up on Monday, a day ahead of the scheduled delivery, in the end! So go figure that one out. Still don't get why it went via Edmonton, but there you have it.
Oh, you're so mean. Aren't your packages allowed a little sightseeing trip?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:44 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Oh, you're so mean. Aren't your packages allowed a little sightseeing trip?
Womp womp!

I dread to think about the extra amount of gas money that went into transporting my package an extra zillion kms away...
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

My most recent order from Amazon seems to be lost in Canada Post land somewhere or something, no scan, still says to be delivered 3 days ago...

Appears my Amazon dot com order coming from Arizona will arrive before the .ca order coming from 100km away....
Old Mar 24th 2015, 5:37 am
Account Closed

I think my Canada Post package might be lost or stuck somewhere... No scan info and no delivery today. No note.

My Amazon.com order left today, should be here tomorrow, well Pt. Roberts and then go pick it up, too pricey to have it shipped to Canada, Pt. Roberts was free shipping even though the package still goes through Canada to get there.

Gonna be in that area Wed so not even going out of our way to pick it up.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 11:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Typical!

After all my nice comments about Canada Post, on Tuesday I got a card about an attempted letter delivery on Monday, checking "no answer" - even though there were five of us home in the morning and three home in the afternoon. No knock, no ring.

The card said to go to the PO after 1.00pm Wednesday to collect.

So after 1.00 pm today my step daughter called in to collect.

"Sorry, not here, come back after 7.00 pm"

After 7.00 pm the answer was something is missing and I either have to wait for a second delivery attempt or phone Thursday.
(I'm guessing the peel off thing on the card wasn't peeled off and attached to the envelope and they can't "find it" without reading a barcode)
Old Mar 29th 2015, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

They seemed to have missed their deadline to have their website back up and running. Yesterday it said it would be back online at 12 Noon EST, now the time has been removed and just say's a new website is coming soon.

I have a packaged sent by "expedited parcel" from Calgary on Thursday, and it's estimated to be here on Friday. Not sure why it takes 8 days to go from Alberta to BC.

I think they should rename it to something not having expedited in the name, I don't consider 8 day delivery time expedited in anyway.

So I'll get it Saturday since they won't deliver a parcel to a door. They claim they try to deliver it, but its a flat lie since I have always been home when the mail lady leaves the note, was even at the mail box last time she left one, she had no parcel, just the pick up note.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 8:40 am
Account Closed

I think they should rename their Xpress Post product because there is nothing express about it, its slow and frustrating when something is shipped by it.

I ordered something from Vista Print and it was picked up by Canada Post on May 29th, processed by Canada Post on May 31st in MISSISSAUGA, arrived in Richmond, BC on June 1st and scheduled for delivery on June 5th.

They need to call is snail mail post because Express it is not.

Apparently it takes 4 days for Canada Post to get a parcel from Richmond to Squamish a whopping 90km's.

And because they refuse to deliver parcels to the door, I won't actually get it until June 6th at the earliest.
Old Jun 5th 2015, 1:40 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

These complaints all sound a bit amateur compared to the one I had (which was a formal complaint I raised).

I had mail forwarding set up, they didn't forward a lot of it, in fact not only did they not forward it, they didn't even empty my full mailbox, they just kept wedging more and more stuff in there.

So I complained.

Depot supervisor calls me, asks me what I got and what I didn't get and it turns out that anything that reached that depot was not forwarded, but anything sent from anywhere else did.

"Mmm, that's what I thought" he said, "the problem is at this depot."

"So basically what you're saying is that you suck."

"Well we've had really high turnover in mail carriers, don't worry, now the economy has gone sour, maybe things will improve."

Old Jun 5th 2015, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steve_
These complaints all sound a bit amateur compared to the one I had (which was a formal complaint I raised).

I had mail forwarding set up, they didn't forward a lot of it, in fact not only did they not forward it, they didn't even empty my full mailbox, they just kept wedging more and more stuff in there.

So I complained.

Depot supervisor calls me, asks me what I got and what I didn't get and it turns out that anything that reached that depot was not forwarded, but anything sent from anywhere else did.

"Mmm, that's what I thought" he said, "the problem is at this depot."

"So basically what you're saying is that you suck."

"Well we've had really high turnover in mail carriers, don't worry, now the economy has gone sour, maybe things will improve."

We had the same issue, some mail would be forwarded, some wouldn't be. I did complain but have to date not heard a response from anyone.

I disputed the charge on the credit card as I don't feel Canada Post was offering the service they said they would, took about 3 weeks, but Capital One refunded the amount back to the card.

Amazing for what they charge and the poor quality of their services, never had that issue down south with USPS free mail forwarding (not sure if it still is free or not).
Old Jun 7th 2015, 11:12 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

What I find interesting about living in Canada is how often the subject comes up in conversation, "oh what's the mail like in the country you're from???"

But USPS is subsidized by cheap loans from the US Dept. of Treasury, not surprised it works better. Plus there is basically no way of stopping junk mail in the US, but there is in Canada. I'd rather have a crap mail service than a junk mail service.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steve_
What I find interesting about living in Canada is how often the subject comes up in conversation, "oh what's the mail like in the country you're from???"

But USPS is subsidized by cheap loans from the US Dept. of Treasury, not surprised it works better. Plus there is basically no way of stopping junk mail in the US, but there is in Canada. I'd rather have a crap mail service than a junk mail service.
I have no issues with postal services being subsidized or directly funded by the government, they are in my view an essential government service and should not be expected to be a profitable entity but treated like a government service and not a business.

I can deal with junk mail, takes 2 seconds to chuck it into the recycling bin if it meant getting parcels in a reasonable time, and delivered to my door, neither of which Canada Post can do apparently.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post is a giant crock. I agree with Jsmth - ordering online will be dead in this country if there isn't a change. When I order something online, it generally takes about a week at best to get here. UPS leaves things on the front step, but I am tracking it like a hawk and have people at home on watch to pick it up, but tbh i rather them leave it then have to drag someone to drive 20 mins to pick it up. But when I can drive on my own i'll just go pick it up, no worries. Canada post usually comes to the door, but often at an inconvenient time (so it goes to the PO) and days after it was supposed to be shipped. I paid for Xpresspost St Thomas--> Toronto, should have taken 2 business days, took 5. Fedex always makes you sign unless you post the waiver in plain sight, but they at least come when I am home so I can sign for it.

But 1 week *at best* is a joke. It took 2 days to ship something from London, England, to Malta. I got to choose when they delivered it so I knew someone would be home, I could choose to have it automatically redirected to a post office if need be, or redirected to someone's workplace, or the neighbour. Online shopping in the US and Europe is so much easier than here.

Last edited by Gozit; Jun 8th 2015 at 2:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.