Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Old Jan 6th 2018, 6:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
...No package on the 3rd, tracking updated the next day to say "out for delivery, arriving 4th"... and then "out for delivery, arriving 5th"... weird...As of this morning, no package. Tracking says "out for delivery, arriving 6th".... "Verifying recipient address, potential delay."....
Ice maybe? Maybe someone fell and they're not sure it's safe to get to you to deliver so keep putting it off and verifying is more about checking the area?
Old Jan 6th 2018, 7:16 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

In our area Canada Post will only deliver packages that are marked Signature Required, otherwise we have a 40 minute round trip to the postal outlet to pick it up. This is not even the closest outlet, there is one about 10 minutes away! Hence we use FedEx and UPS now.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
In our area Canada Post will only deliver packages that are marked Signature Required, otherwise we have a 40 minute round trip to the postal outlet to pick it up. This is not even the closest outlet, there is one about 10 minutes away! Hence we use FedEx and UPS now.
I tried requesting signature required from retailers that give the option, however it didn't work, Canada Post still dropped off just the pick up slip to go pick up.

Seems to me Canada Post is simply moving away from delivery to the door and making the customer go get the parcels which kind of defeats ordering online, the whole point for many is for the parcel to be delivered to their door, not a postal outlet who knows how far away.

They send our parcels to a small out of the way outlet in a dirty continence store 15 mins away, while there is one at Shoppers 2-3 mins up the road, when I complain, Canada Post tells me they can't do anything.

Worst delivery company in Canada, followed by Purolator which is mostly owned by Canada Post, so no real surprise they are bad.

Most reliable for parcel delivery has been Amazon in house delivery, followed by Fedex and then UPS.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 11:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Order from Amazon.ca today - earbuds and new clock radio with extras.

By Canada Post, expected delivery Tuesday, 3 working days.

I reckon Monday depending on whether it's from Van or Tonto.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 6:56 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by BristolUK
By Canada Post, expected delivery Tuesday, 3 working days.

I reckon Monday depending on whether it's from Van or Tonto.
I was right. Both arrived today, Monday. 2 working days from order date.

Good old Canada Post, efficient as always.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 9:18 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Something seems to be a bit awry with the BE auto-close for some threads here and there.
Threads with no new posts should auto-close after 365 days.

To be consistent in this I have moved the latest few posts to a new thread of their own.

You'll find it right here

Soz and thanks.