Coronavirus

Old Mar 24th 2020, 5:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Hawaiian Airlines has a charter flight into Vancouver tonight, arrives in about 3 hours. Canadian's from a cruise ship that docked in Hawaii. Hawaiian government kept everyone on the ship until 3 hours before their flight and then ship straight to airport, there are other flights to Australia, UK, Germany, US mainland and a couple others to repatriate people on the ship to their home country. Hawaii didn't want the ship to dock but apparently it has mechanical issues that made docking necessary, but Hawaiian government seemed to be very strict, stay on ship until time to go to airport then straight to airport.

No word if the Hawaiian crew is staying in Vancouver, flying to Seattle or another US city though, doubt the plane or crew will go back to Hawaii tonight, would be a long day, and might exceed crew limits if done round trip same day. But Hawaiian Airlines is a rare visitor to Vancouver, too bad the plane is arriving so late.
Ooohh I wonder if my friend was on that flight - her cruise ship was diverted to Hawaii to offload passengers for flights as they were down to 1 prop.. she lives in Ontario but perhaps they will put her on an internal flight from Vancouver. (No sickness on her ship as far as she was aware). I just saw the news report and that was the ship she was on!

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 24th 2020 at 5:21 am.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 5:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Ooohh I wonder if my friend was on that flight - her cruise ship was diverted to Hawaii to offload passengers for flights as they were down to 1 prop.. she lives in Ontario but perhaps they will put her on an internal flight from Vancouver. (No sickness on her ship as far as she was aware). I just saw the news report and that was the ship she was on!
Sounds like the same ship. Sun Country is also bringing in some of the passengers so she might be on one of those, I believe they are all coming to Vancouver and then onward to their home, at least from what has been reported.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 10:03 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Had to laugh this morning at Mike Ashley's claims that Sports Direct shops should remain open because they provided "vital sports and fitness equipment" to the British public. Last time I was in a Sports Direct <shudder> it was just wall to wall piles of Kappa tracksuits, Barcelona football shirts and giant mugs.

Hopefully another greedy, grasping wideboy about to learn a lesson. Should have put this in the "Upsides" thread.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 10:19 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Well I went to get my 'lay off' letter to day and it was busy at work, I was asked to hold off applying for EI. I am now doing 10-1 5 days a week (usual shift is 8-1). I'd rather do that than stare at 4 walls. I'm pretty sure we will be on lockdown soon anyway.

I will pick up a supply of dog food on Wednesday as that's when Pet smart gets it's delivery, then aside from groceries we will be set up. I did get some mini clippers for doing in between Nushkas toes. She is great in the bath and even doesn't mind my hair dryer, it's as she gets bigger we might struggle lol. We should have a 'I groomed my own pup ' thread if this goes on and on.
Is Pet Smart still open? We have a new one that has just opened and it has 'self service wash your doggy' station! My dog (a big Cairn Terrier) has a visit to the groomer every 3 months ish, but it's not cheap, and much as I love him he does smell, my son and I had planned to try to wrestle him in there when C19 changed our lives...now I'm 'working from home', my son lost his job and Uni has pretty much ground to a halt, I will check and go there...if possible - thank you PP
Old Mar 24th 2020, 10:31 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I was looking at the Downtown webcams earlier and there was hardly anyone walking.

People treating it more seriously or used to doing as they're told?
I am very much in agreement Bristol. I think we are all taking it very seriously here. I did work last week, but that was just because it was deemed necessary (and I was on my own) I haven't been anywhere since last Friday. There is almost no traffic on the roads. I was planning to go for a walk with the dog today, but it has snowed - surprisingly more than advertised- in the night, so perhaps I won't.

Why can these people just not stay in and isolate? Two weeks might just make all the difference...
Old Mar 24th 2020, 10:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think pet stores are allowed to remain open...essential for the pets. We have been in self isolation for the last 2 weeks...TBH it’s not too bad...not bad at all.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 11:25 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We have been in self isolation for the last 2 weeks...TBH it’s not too bad...not bad at all.
My daughter wouldn't agree... it's her 18th birthday tomorrow. All party plans out the window, she's stuck in the house with her old mum and dad. To be fair, she is being magnificently mature about it.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 11:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
My daughter wouldn't agree... it's her 18th birthday tomorrow. All party plans out the window, she's stuck in the house with her old mum and dad. To be fair, she is being magnificently mature about it.
I’m sorry...that truly sucks.

Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Is Pet Smart still open? We have a new one that has just opened and it has 'self service wash your doggy' station! My dog (a big Cairn Terrier) has a visit to the groomer every 3 months ish, but it's not cheap, and much as I love him he does smell, my son and I had planned to try to wrestle him in there when C19 changed our lives...now I'm 'working from home', my son lost his job and Uni has pretty much ground to a halt, I will check and go there...if possible - thank you PP
Car washes sometimes have a pet wash attached. That's a separate room with hoses and whatnot rather than a conveyor with the cars and trucks. There's also U Wash Dog Wash.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Why can these people just not stay in and isolate? Two weeks might just make all the difference...
My street is too quiet to tell. I see more smokers outside a small apartment building than walking along the street!

I was interested in the downtown cams to see if people were maintaining a gap but there weren't really enough to say so.

I was amused where two were approaching each other - one pushing a buggy - and the (assumed) guy veered off to the right at the same time the (assumed) woman went to her right and pressed the button to cross at the lights...and then, when he went by, didn't cross at the lights but carried on
It was as if she pretended, not wanting to make it look as if she was moving away from him.

But then she suddenly ran full pelt, with the buggy, on a path towards city hall entrance. Probably playing 'chicken' with another parent with buggy but it happened out of shot.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Car washes sometimes have a pet wash attached. That's a separate room with hoses and whatnot rather than a conveyor with the cars and trucks. There's also U Wash Dog Wash.
Could you keep the dog in the car with the windows open?
Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:34 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Well it has been two weeks and we are not the ground zero i was expecting us to be . Seems like all the excess cleaning , drowning in sanitizer etc worked !!
Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Well it has been two weeks and we are not the ground zero i was expecting us to be . Seems like all the excess cleaning , drowning in sanitizer etc worked !!
I was thinking about you yesterday when someone on here mentioned a convention. Thank goodness you are ok.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:39 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

not just me, our attendees too.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 12:47 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Our pet smart us still open. Lots of the pet shops have a self serve dog wash. Global pet foods and pet value have them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.