Coronavirus

Old Sep 9th 2021, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Do I have to take your word for that….or do you have proof?
The information is available to the public online, if you care to look.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
And yet Canada covid tracker shows 84.5% in Ontario with at least one jab and 78% double jabbed compared to 78.6% and 70.5% for Alberta.
I didn't write the article and, once again, you are comparing two different things.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 2:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I didn't write the article and, once again, you are comparing two different things.
I'm comparing the vaccinated rate of two provinces. It shows that one province has almost 50% more not fully vaccinated than the other.
You can misinterpret that how you wish.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 2:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Saskatchewan overtakes Alberta as province with worst rate of infection:
"Saskatchewan reported 405 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, two more deaths, and 27 more people in hospital, bringing the total to 181 patients."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...sask-1.6168339
Old Sep 9th 2021, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm comparing the vaccinated rate of two provinces. It shows that one province has almost 50% more not fully vaccinated than the other.
You can misinterpret that how you wish.
I never mentioned vaccinated rates of any Provinces.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 5:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I never mentioned vaccinated rates of any Provinces.
This is tedious. Is this where I say "did I say you did?" and then we go on from there?

No thanks.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 12:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Interior Health 253 new cases

Fraser Health 233 new cases

Fraser Health has 1.8 million people vs Interior at 834,775

Interior Health and Vancouver Island Health are similiar in size population wise, but Island only reported 65 cases in the same time frame.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-updat...ases-1.5578623

Old Sep 11th 2021, 2:44 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You would lose that bet......
Not from the figures in the link provided by DannyB (https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...ccine-outcomes)

21.72% of those currently hospitalised are fully vaccinated, or 149 patients.

Further down, of those fully vaccinated in the last 120 days, 280 had pre-existing conditions, compared to 31 with no pre-existing conditions.
Also, those aged over 70 account 207 with pre-existing conditions, and 9 without.

So JG is correct, the vaccinated admitted to hospital are generally both old and have underlying conditions.

Additionally, for the same period, 1538 unvaccinated with pre-existing conditions, and a further 1113 unvaccinated with no pre-existing conditions.

I know from those figures which group I would rather be in (hint - I'm fully vaccinated)
Old Sep 11th 2021, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not from the figures in the link provided by DannyB (https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...ccine-outcomes)

21.72% of those currently hospitalised are fully vaccinated, or 149 patients.

Further down, of those fully vaccinated in the last 120 days, 280 had pre-existing conditions, compared to 31 with no pre-existing conditions.
Also, those aged over 70 account 207 with pre-existing conditions, and 9 without.

So JG is correct, the vaccinated admitted to hospital are generally both old and have underlying conditions.

Additionally, for the same period, 1538 unvaccinated with pre-existing conditions, and a further 1113 unvaccinated with no pre-existing conditions.

I know from those figures which group I would rather be in (hint - I'm fully vaccinated)
I'm fully vaccinated too, but I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

The distinction that you made and which I have highlighted, was not made by the other poster.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 11:54 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fully vaccinated too, but I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

The distinction that you made and which I have highlighted, was not made by the other poster.
JG said "I bet they have an underlying health problem/s and/or are very elderly." in response to your post "I don't know about other places in the world but, in Alberta, 20% of those in hospital with C-19 have been fully vaccinated." which is what the numbers reflect. Those that did not fall in either group, taking as over 70 as elderly, would be only 22 of the 311 fully vaccinated Covid admissions.

So 93% of those admitted with Covid who have been fully vaccinated have underlying health problems and/or are very elderly (taking 70 as cut off age).

If you would prefer the cut off to be 80 or over, the only change would be 2 of the vaccinated / no underlying health to give 24 out of 311, so no significant change.

And the point about being fully vaccinated was that it significantly improves your prognosis. Take a look at table 8 in that link - those in ICU. Only 0.3% of those admitted to ICU were fully vaccinated with no underlying health issues.
Old Sep 12th 2021, 1:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

BC Human Rights Tribunal has been deluged with people complaints over the BC Vaccine pass since it was announced a couple weeks ago, 2 were dismissed yesterday, some quotes from the decision to dismiss.

“An ideological opposition to or distrust of the vaccine would not be enough,”

"“The Code does not permit a direct challenge to a public health order based merely on disagreement with it"

https://vancouversun.com/news/tribun...c-vaccine-pass

Old Sep 12th 2021, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile in the UK:
Interesting that a day after the news ran a story on 3 Cornwall hospitals cancelling all surgery due to COVID patients overwhelming them the same news outlet runs this story about the governments plans to strip away all the strict laws they had in place to deal with possible containment of another wave.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/161141...d-winter-plan/
Old Sep 12th 2021, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Cornwall is keeping critical surgery avalable. They have 40 Covid patients, 50 healthy “patients” who are being isolated and 100 people ready to leave who are in need of “support packages”.

https://www.cornish-times.co.uk/arti...earchyear=2021
Old Sep 12th 2021, 3:26 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Plans to introduce vaccine passports for access into nightclubs and large events in England will not go ahead, the health secretary has said.

Sajid Javid told the BBC: "We shouldn't be doing things for the sake of it."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58535258

Old Sep 12th 2021, 9:56 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Danny B
Plans to introduce vaccine passports for access into nightclubs and large events in England will not go ahead, the health secretary has said.

Sajid Javid told the BBC: "We shouldn't be doing things for the sake of it."
One might easily interpret that as "we shouldn't be going to nightclubs and large events for the sake of it."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.