Coronavirus

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus

Is it OK to have a different second vaccine to your first?
I've had the AstraZeneca but it now looks like they have run out of supplies and no new delivery in the pipeline I will have to have a different second jab..
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Quebec plans to do that in some cases, 2nd dose may not be the same manufacturer but appears they are only doing it with mRNA vaccines.

But with the AZ future deliveries unknown, will be interesting to see how provinces handle it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...izer-1.5998847

Originally Posted by DMajor
I've had the AstraZeneca but it now looks like they have run out of supplies and no new delivery in the pipeline I will have to have a different second jab..
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 8:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have read that is something the scientists are researching, but as far as I know no decision has been made to date.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like research is happening on that front and data should be available by summer.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/your-fi...izer-1.5397401
Old Apr 24th 2021, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Good for those in provinces who still have AZ available.
After all the hassle sorting out my wife's vaccine appointment as she is immune compromised today i get text telling me i can book. I am now booked in 10 minutes before her.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Kelowna patient concerned about hospital staff not wearing masks.

Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

More people dying at home in Ontario, becoming so sick so quickly they don't have time to seek medical attention.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/covid...oner-1.6000327
Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Most recent additions to BC CDC flight list of flights with positive cases.
  • April 8: Swoop flight 204 from Abbotsford to Edmonton (rows not reported)
  • April 10: Air Canada flight 241 from Edmonton to Vancouver (rows 28 to 34)
  • April 10: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8622 from Vancouver to Winnipeg (rows 20 to 26)
  • April 12: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8622 from Vancouver to Winnipeg (rows 19 to 25)
  • April 13: Air Canada flight 306 from Vancouver to Montreal (rows 27 to 32)
  • April 14: WestJet flight 3109 from Calgary to Nanaimo (rows five to 18)
  • April 14: Swoop flight 201 from Edmonton to Abbotsford (rows 20 to 26)
  • April 14: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows one to six, 12 to 14, 18 to 28 and 41 to 46)
  • April 14: WestJet flight 3171 from Calgary to Comox (rows 14 to 20)
  • April 15: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8398 from Vancouver to Kelowna (rows one to seven)
  • April 16: Air Canada flight 215 from Calgary to Vancouver (rows 13 to 19)
  • April 16: Sunwing flight 2860 from Mexico City to Vancouver (rows 16 to 22)
  • April 16: WestJet flight 3287 from Vancouver to Prince George (rows one to seven)
  • April 17: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 20 to 30 and 34 to 40)
  • April 18: Air India flight 185 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 20 to 24 and 42 to 46)
  • April 18: WestJet flight 4442 from Calgary to Kelowna (rows 11 to 17)
  • April 18: Air Canada flight 123 from Toronto to Vancouver (rows 19 to 25)
  • April 18: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 18 to 34 and 54 to 60)
  • April 19: Air Canada flight 127 from Toronto to Vancouver (rows 24 to 30)
  • April 19: Air India flight 185 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 19 to 25)
  • April 20: Air Canada flight 241 from Edmonton to Vancouver (rows 21 to 27)
  • April 20: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8261 from Vancouver to Nanaimo (rows three to nine)
  • April 21: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 12 to 14, 23 to 30 and 32 to 46)
  • April 21: Air Canada flight 185 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows not reported)
Old Apr 25th 2021, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

NS in 2 week shut down, announced ca 5:30 pm last Thursday, initially Halifax Metro region but now extended to the whole province.

It seems people travelled from Ontario to NS, did not quarantine (ignored 14 days quarantine period), met up with relations and friends.

30 people were infected from that contact alone, cases now increasing. Schools are open in some areas eg Halifax municipal unless there has been a case reported, then that school is closed for 2 weeks . All schools in some districts have been closed regardless.

Anyone with any possibility of being infected has to go and be tested ....... this includes school children and teachers plus all their family members if there has been a case in their school. Parents of school children also have to quarantine for 2 weeks and supervise online teaching.

It is the most cases that NS has had during the whole pandemic period.

The Ontarians are now apparently back in Ontario, suggestions that they should be traced and fined or jailed.

Old Apr 25th 2021, 10:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

That's a lot of flights. After commercial air travel was curtailed last year I looked at a flight tracker site and was surprised at how many planes were still operating. I can drive about 16 hours to Oliver, get out once in the middle to pump gas in Fort McLeod, and with a little planning and a bag lunch (or picking up food curbside) not come near anyone the whole trip. That's got to be a lot safer than flying.
Our numbers and test positivity continue to trend high. I've only been interacting closely with 3 friends, who have been taking me to appointments and shopping, tons of help since I got hurt, and 1 of them just found out someone he works beside every day tested positive on Friday and was just notified. Everyone has been self monitoring anyway, but this is just another worry. A 2nd hand case like that doesn't preclude my physio or surgeon's appointments, so the regular mask and sanitizer.

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 25th 2021 at 10:43 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the EU may be taking a lead on vaccine passports. I very much hope other jurisdictions not least Canada follow soon.

American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be allowed to visit the European Union this summer, a top official told The Times.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they would stop talking about "covid passports".

It should be called a vaccination record card ......... just like the ones that we used to have to show whether we had received any childhood vaccinations.

I had one that only showed my polio vaccinations, because there weren't any other vaccinations in the 1940s. But we had a full card for my daughter born in the 1970s.

Vaccination record sounds a lot less officious than "passport", and could possibly be more likely accepted by more people.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Countries may want more official proof than just the record received when getting the vaccine which can be easily faked in many countries including Canada, so I could see why a more official vaccine passport might be necessary.

Some in BC are just hand written on a card, anyone with a decent printer can create said card, mine is a little better as it is at least a printed prescription label, but I could see countries wanting a universal type document that is more difficult to forge and easier to ensure its valid and authentic.

Old Apr 26th 2021, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Countries may want more official proof than just the record received when getting the vaccine which can be easily faked in many countries including Canada, so I could see why a more official vaccine passport might be necessary.

Some in BC are just hand written on a card, anyone with a decent printer can create said card, mine is a little better as it is at least a printed prescription label, but I could see countries wanting a universal type document that is more difficult to forge and easier to ensure its valid and authentic.
However, the covid "passport" can also be faked, or at least the versions so far suggested. So that might not be good for very long.

Plus, there is apparently a lot of resistance in the UK against having to carry a covid passport, as more "officious control". Also questions from business owners as to how they are expected to check them.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 4:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
It looks like the EU may be taking a lead on vaccine passports. I very much hope other jurisdictions not least Canada follow soon.

American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be allowed to visit the European Union this summer, a top official told The Times.
I believe there would be a good case for anyone wishing to take action against this idea.. due to human rights / discrimination.
I very much hope NO countries implement them. Other countries are already taking action against them. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2BP0H3
".......discriminatory use of COVID status certification to deny individuals access to general services, businesses or jobs"
Some people can't have the vaccine due to underlying health issues - if they implemented 'covid passports (record of vaccination)' then that would be discriminating against those that aren't able to obtain one, through no fault of their own.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56125142
https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...rney-weighs-in

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 26th 2021 at 4:03 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.