Coronavirus

Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Canada has a long way to go to catch up to the US for fully vaccinated. Keep in mind the US is mostly if not entirely following the 21 and 28 day schedule for the booster, where several provinces are doing 12 to 16 weeks between 1st and 2nd dose.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Here is the official figure on fully vaccinated US population:

"The news comes as the United States continues its effort to vaccinate as many Americans as quickly as possible. The CDC reported Sunday that 95 million people -- about 28.5% of the population -- have been fully vaccinated.3 days
ago"

According to Canada:

"The prime minister says 30 percent of eligible adults in Canada have received at least one vaccine.5 days ago"

Fully vaccinated people in the US vs full + first dose of the vaccine. That’s the reason for different figures me thinks.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The lady who died in Quebec, she got the vaccine on April 9th, and did seek medical attention when she experienced fatigue and headaches but quickly went downhill in hospital.

She died on April 23 a statement from her family says.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 5:14 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think that is a great idea, why not let the US vaccinate people if Canada can’t do it? Both the UK and US has vaccinated approx 60% of the population.
I can't speak for Canada as we're calved up so well but in Ontario the vaccination program is going quite well now.

We should hit 40% of the population having had their first vaccine in 3 days and at the current rate of 90 to 120k vaccines per day should hit 60% of adults in 5 to 6 weeks.

There is some follow up to be done with second doses but the results in the UK suggest that case numbers should be well down in the next few weeks.

People hopping back and forth to the US sounds unnecessary. Far easier to deliver one truck load than have multiple vehicles go in the other direction and movement of people is the biggest driver of spread.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

To be fair though Lower Mainland residents crossing into Pt. Roberts is no different than those residents driving across the lower mainland to get vaccinated, either way people have to travel to get their vaccine, and Pt. Roberts being isolated from the US itself, is really part of the lower mainland fabric just happens to be another country is all.

Originally Posted by JamesM
I can't speak for Canada as we're calved up so well but in Ontario the vaccination program is going quite well now.

We should hit 40% of the population having had their first vaccine in 3 days and at the current rate of 90 to 120k vaccines per day should hit 60% of adults in 5 to 6 weeks.

There is some follow up to be done with second doses but the results in the UK suggest that case numbers should be well down in the next few weeks.

People hopping back and forth to the US sounds unnecessary. Far easier to deliver one truck load than have multiple vehicles go in the other direction and movement of people is the biggest driver of spread.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 7:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM

Yes Ontario has picked up with the vax program…all we need now is more vaccine. Hubby and I got our AZ shots over 5 weeks ago, our daughter got Moderna last week. My sister and friends in the UK got their AZ shots Feb/March and are now due for the 2nd. But my nieces, who are the same age as my daughter, haven’t had theirs yet. Friends in the US had both Pfizer shots quite a while ago. Swings and roundabouts.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 7:37 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes Ontario has picked up with the vax program…all we need now is more vaccine. Hubby and I got our AZ shots over 5 weeks ago, our daughter got Moderna last week. My sister and friends in the UK got their AZ shots Feb/March and are now due for the 2nd. But my nieces, who are the same age as my daughter, haven’t had theirs yet. Friends in the US had both Pfizer shots quite a while ago. Swings and roundabouts.
My parents in the UK have now had both vaccines and I believe they are now down as low as 35 year olds for first vaccine.

I don't know if Ontario could cope with delivering more than it's already doing as the IT booking systems etc are very wobbly.

Initially I was supposed to go to Mississauga for moderna which seemed ridiculous and discriminated against people who rely on public transit. Thankfully they moved the limit to over 40's and I snuck into a Shoppers Drugmart down the street.

But I'm optimistic about our roll out now- it just took them a couple of months to get going. Canada's small economy and lack of pharmaceutical company presence gave it little chance of getting going any quicker.

Interestingly I saw my Doctor yesterday about a non-serious foot injury and he was hell bent on talking about my mental health and fears of the virus. He said that my chances of being hospitalized if I caught the virus were 1 in 50,000 which sounded pretty good- two friends in the UK were both hospitalized. I told him it was 1in 1,000 when he asked me to guess. I now wonder if my doctor is an anti-vaccer lol.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 9:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Toronto’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Eileen De Villa said that the worse adverse reactions are with the 1st shot of AZ vax…not the 2nd. The reverse has been found with Pfizer and Moderna.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I am 65 living in London, ON. Got my first vaccine shot (Pfizer) today. Appointment set for 18 August for 2nd shot (some 3.5 months gap). They did tell me I should have 92% protection in 2 weeks.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 9:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I am 65 living in London, ON. Got my first vaccine shot (Pfizer) today. Appointment set for 18 August for 2nd shot (some 3.5 months gap). They did tell me I should have 92% protection in 2 weeks.
My daughter was more or less told the same…10 days with Moderna. Whereas AZ is 70+%. I am hoping that when it is my time to get the 2nd shot, early July, they have found they can mix and match vaccines.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 11:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

They think the efficacy is higher with AZ after one shot but in fact the efficacies are not a particularly fair comparison of the vaccines. If that's the advise the people who administered your vaccines are giving you then they are jumping the gun a little. This video explains why efficacies should not be compared and also explains how they work:
Old Apr 30th 2021, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Have to give credit to Manitoba and it's US neighbor for working together in vaccination.

Manitoba teachers will be next group up for vaccination in North Dakota.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...hers-1.6007257

This too.

Blackfeet Medicine Line Vaccine Clinic comes to the Port of Piegan | News | cutbankpioneerpress.com
Old Apr 30th 2021, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Are people waking up yet? I have been doing a spreadsheet since January 2021 getting the figures directly from CTV News website (red banner on page) of the number of cases, deaths, recovered, etc. from ALL across Canada.
- the last column is the number of deaths daily from a population of 37.5 million
Whilst no death is acceptable I would ask you all to have some common sense- and ask yourself this question

Is it acceptable to close down a whole country for an average daily number of 52 deaths out of a population of 37.5 million?

If you are waking up- you will ask why are we being subjected to that? Then I will advise you that this is about way more than the virus and that Reiner Fuellmich ( the lawyer who successfully sued VW for their emissions scandal) is leading a worldwide team of lawyers in suing governments worldwide for the damage caused by the lockdowns, the PCR tests, the experimental vaccines

If you don't believe me or think i am a conspiracy nut, then I urge you to watch the discussion which took place this morning.

and also listen to an interview with Michael Swinwood a Canadian lawyer who is also part of the team.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/ehradi...cial-an-interv

All I ask is that you please think about things...yes people are dying and that is really sad, but people need to understand what the truth is.
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Covid spreadsheet.xls (11.0 KB, 14 views)
Old Apr 30th 2021, 6:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
Are people waking up yet? I have been doing a spreadsheet since January 2021 getting the figures directly from CTV News website (red banner on page) of the number of cases, deaths, recovered, etc. from ALL across Canada.
- the last column is the number of deaths daily from a population of 37.5 million
Whilst no death is acceptable I would ask you all to have some common sense- and ask yourself this question

Is it acceptable to close down a whole country for an average daily number of 52 deaths out of a population of 37.5 million?

If you are waking up- you will ask why are we being subjected to that? Then I will advise you that this is about way more than the virus and that Reiner Fuellmich ( the lawyer who successfully sued VW for their emissions scandal) is leading a worldwide team of lawyers in suing governments worldwide for the damage caused by the lockdowns, the PCR tests, the experimental vaccines

If you don't believe me or think i am a conspiracy nut, then I urge you to watch the discussion which took place this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFB2AA28_q4&t=1s

and also listen to an interview with Michael Swinwood a Canadian lawyer who is also part of the team.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/ehradi...cial-an-interv

All I ask is that you please think about things...yes people are dying and that is really sad, but people need to understand what the truth is.

Just to note that I don't believe you and I think you're a conspiracy nut.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 6:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
Are people waking up yet?.....Then I will advise you that this is about way more than the virus and that Reiner Fuellmich ( the lawyer ...
Wow, lawyers...it must all be true then. All the other scientists and experts are wrong.
...a Canadian lawyer who is also part of the team..
Oh my god...a Canadian lawyer. Well that convinces me.

Yes, it's all fuss about nothing. Wanna pop over and tell that to India?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.