Coronavirus

Old May 30th 2021, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by caretaker
Small mercies. To be in solidarity with you and the rest in lock-up I've just purchased a couple of big club packs of Halal chicken thighs and wings nearing their expiration date. I'll drag the smoker up from the basement and start checking smoked wing recipes. Looking forward to the full quarantine experience.
Haha, I love it, and I do cordially welcome you to the full 'DQF Experience,' brought to you today by the reigning Triumvirate of Incompetence & Inadequacy: Trudeau-Hajdu-Tam.

A few beginning pointers for new inmates:

(1.) They serve hot-breakfast to internees in here at 0800hrs, & then their 'nurse' requires your oral temp be taken ~15mins later; so the smart money in here waits to eat/drink anything hot until after the morning temp reading's been taken, otherwise one risks being made to re-start one's 14d incarceration. So one has to learn to enjoy cold porridge, and to forgo coffee/tea until after the morning oral temp-reading hurdle's been cleared.

(2.) Smell any & all food served before eating it, as the Canadian Red Cross has said that they're totally fine with detainees being served foodstuffs that are past their Best Before dates, and apparently it makes no difference to them how long any past-BB dairy's been in the bag at room temp before being brought to one. (Btw, you'll never actually see a Red Cross person here in-the-flesh, because they only interact with internees remotely by phone/www.)

(3.) Whenever one hears another inmate shouting/screaming or hitting their doors/walls in apparent anger/frustration, be ready to call Security (DQF security requirements are currently being provided by "GardaWorld," which is actually the same Canadian security company that's had the federal security contract for our consular security in Kabul).

So just a few pointers there to get you started on your new Experience, haha.
Old May 30th 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Haha, I love it, and I do cordially welcome you to the full 'DQF Experience,' brought to you today by the reigning Triumvirate of Incompetence & Inadequacy: Trudeau-Hajdu-Tam.

A few beginning pointers for new inmates:

(1.) They serve hot-breakfast to internees in here at 0800hrs, & then their 'nurse' requires your oral temp be taken ~15mins later; so the smart money in here waits to eat/drink anything hot until after the morning temp reading's been taken, otherwise one risks being made to re-start one's 14d incarceration. So one has to learn to enjoy cold porridge, and to forgo coffee/tea until after the morning oral temp-reading hurdle's been cleared.

(2.) Smell any & all food served before eating it, as the Canadian Red Cross has said that they're totally fine with detainees being served foodstuffs that are past their Best Before dates, and apparently it makes no difference to them how long any past-BB dairy's been in the bag at room temp before being brought to one. (Btw, you'll never actually see a Red Cross person here in-the-flesh, because they only interact with internees remotely by phone/www.)

(3.) Whenever one hears another inmate shouting/screaming or hitting their doors/walls in apparent anger/frustration, be ready to call Security (DQF security requirements are currently being provided by "GardaWorld," which is actually the same Canadian security company that's had the federal security contract for our consular security in Kabul).

So just a few pointers there to get you started on your new Experience, haha.
I suppose the idea is to make the whole experience fairly unpleasant to discourage some of those who would maybe choose it over paying for an Airbnb themselves.
Old May 30th 2021, 2:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
I suppose the idea is to make the whole experience fairly unpleasant to discourage some of those who would maybe choose it over paying for an Airbnb themselves.
When Wayne and Schuster did their parody of Bridge on the River Kwai (Kwai Me a River), after a week in the hot box Johnny came out looking totally refreshed, and remarked "You pay a hundred dollars a night for a room like that at Expo!"
Old May 30th 2021, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed, it's certainly a far-from-pleasant Experience of Canadian federal governmental exemplary vindictiveness, retributiveness, & fraternal unkindness to inflict such conditions upon those who've lost their jobs in the past year, who haven't yet received their federal tax refunds for 2020, and who've spent the winter with friends south of the border where they were able to achieve fully-vaccinated status as overwintering guests down in the U.S., thereby to fortuitously have freed-up two domestic Canadian vaccine doses for one's compatriots. (Don't mention it, you're most welcome, & simply glad to have been of service.) And there's really nothing quite like hearing from a self-righteous & indignant brother taxpayer, haha.
Old May 30th 2021, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Will_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t understand why fully vaccinated people should have to quarantine. We will never get out of lockdown in this case. Double vaccine is as good as it gets, that’s the new best case scenario.

Would love my parents to meet their grandchild for the first time, but can’t put them through the risk of this.
Old May 30th 2021, 7:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Short, sharp shock. © Conservative Party Manifesto 1979
Old May 30th 2021, 7:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Will_PA
I don’t understand why fully vaccinated people should have to quarantine.
Because they can still pass it on to people not yet vaccinated.
We will never get out of lockdown in this case. Double vaccine is as good as it gets, that’s the new best case scenario.
It changes as more people get vaccinated.
Old May 30th 2021, 9:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed, it's certainly a far-from-pleasant Experience of Canadian federal governmental exemplary vindictiveness, retributiveness, & fraternal unkindness
Try a pile of these Wings Quarantine and a few cold lager and try filling out that form again.

Old May 30th 2021, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Mr C but I can’t understand why anyone eats wings….fat, gristle, skin, bone and a tiny amount of meat.
Old May 30th 2021, 10:12 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry Mr C but I can’t understand why anyone eats wings….fat, gristle, skin, bone and a tiny amount of meat.
Oh I so agree! Disgusting nuggets of anatomy..
Old May 30th 2021, 10:30 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Mr.C that chicken wings are the best go-to messy finger food, the hotter the better.

could it be that chicken wings are strictly a man thing?
Old May 30th 2021, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Will_PA
I don’t understand why fully vaccinated people should have to quarantine. We will never get out of lockdown in this case. Double vaccine is as good as it gets, that’s the new best case scenario.

Would love my parents to meet their grandchild for the first time, but can’t put them through the risk of this.
Neither the border guards (CBSA) nor the pubic health folk (PHAC) could've cared less about the border-crosser's vaccination status when I crossed back into Canada 11d ago. And they only cursorily looked at my espensive pre-arrival PCR result, so now I wish that I'd just done the cheaper quickie test instead. (I was double-Pfizered back in April, for free, with the shots being 3wks apart.)

Last edited by vinegarboy; May 30th 2021 at 11:07 pm.
Old May 30th 2021, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caretaker
Try a pile of these Wings Quarantine and a few cold lager and try filling out that form again.

Would happily try thy 'Wings Quarantine,' but if we're caught drinking in here we get charged for possessing contraband inside a federal facility.

Last edited by vinegarboy; May 30th 2021 at 11:15 pm.
Old May 30th 2021, 11:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Would happily try thy 'Wings Quarantine,' but if we're caught drinking in here we get charged for possessing contraband.
My antics would be out of the question then.
Old May 30th 2021, 11:17 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Would happily try thy 'Wings Quarantine,' but if we're caught drinking in here we get charged for possessing contraband inside a federal facility.
Whaaat!

what would happen if you just said " sod it I'm going home"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.