Coronavirus

Old May 19th 2021, 12:00 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Danny B
Sounds like the Indian variant may throw a spanner in the works for the UK reopening in June. I hate these poxy variants. I hope it doesn't make its way over here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57122817
Fear mongering to sell papers.

Given all the flights and travel I don't doubt that the Indian variant is already here.

Old May 19th 2021, 12:01 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Toronto has again cancelled all summer events until Labour Day.

https://www.cp24.com/news/all-major-...says-1.5427656
Was quite glad the Exhibition was hit on the head again. It's so bland and tired.
Old May 19th 2021, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM

Given all the flights and travel I don't doubt that the Indian variant is already here.
I'm pretty certain it is in BC already, especially in the Surrey area and in Abbotsford.
Old May 19th 2021, 4:29 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by scilly
I'm pretty certain it is in BC already, especially in the Surrey area and in Abbotsford.
Brampton in Ontario is already our covid capital before we start discussing the demographic of the folk who live there.
Old May 19th 2021, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Brampton in Ontario is already our covid capital before we start discussing the demographic of the folk who live there.
It's been in Canada since at least early April.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7779311/d...-confirmed-bc/

Old May 20th 2021, 6:32 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

The numbers in areas where the Indian variant is suggest it's real and not fear mongering.
Old May 20th 2021, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems it has been found everywhere except Antartica, quite why it was not locked down is a mystery, OK probably would only have slowed the spread.
Old May 21st 2021, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Vaccine

Ontario…Lockdown was extended today until at least June 14. Some further restrictions will be lifted after a further 3 weeks (July), and finally the rest after a further 3 weeks (August). Of course that depends if the number of cases keep falling and the amount of vaccinations rise.

https://www.cp24.com/news/here-s-how...nths-1.5436761

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 21st 2021 at 1:55 am.
Old May 21st 2021, 3:40 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Default Re: Covid Vaccine

Ontario…Lockdown was extended today until at least June 14. Some further restrictions will be lifted after a further 3 weeks (July), and finally the rest after a further 3 weeks (August). Of course that depends if the number of cases keep falling and the amount of vaccinations rise.

https://www.cp24.com/news/here-s-how...nths-1.5436761
The good news is we can play golf again
Old May 21st 2021, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The 2nd dose of AZ vaccine is now being offered 10 weeks after the 1st dose. Maximum efficiency is 12 weeks after the 1st dose. We are 9 weeks on Monday. Wondering whether to wait until the 12 week mark, assuming there is AZ vaccine left, or go for the 10. Results are expected early June as to the efficiency of mix and match vaccines.
Old May 21st 2021, 7:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The 2nd dose of AZ vaccine is now being offered 10 weeks after the 1st dose. Maximum efficiency is 12 weeks after the 1st dose. We are 9 weeks on Monday. Wondering whether to wait until the 12 week mark, assuming there is AZ vaccine left, or go for the 10. Results are expected early June as to the efficiency of mix and match vaccines.
In NB the remaining 3500 doses expire at the end of May. I calculate that to be 9 weeks for MIL.

I remember we talked about the 12 week optimum aspect but I don't think there's that much difference between 8 or 9 and 12, albeit that's based on NB infection levels rather than Toronto.

For MIL I reckon that will be fine and perhaps even sooner if this CBC report is anything to go by.
A growing "cluster" of COVID-19 cases at the Delta Fredericton is fuelled by the variant first reported in India and health officials believe there's a "very strong probability" it's spreading through surface contacts rather than respiratory droplets or aerosols, according to an internal Horizon Health Network memo.
Old May 21st 2021, 7:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BristolUK
In NB the remaining 3500 doses expire at the end of May. I calculate that to be 9 weeks for MIL.

I remember we talked about the 12 week optimum aspect but I don't think there's that much difference between 8 or 9 and 12, albeit that's based on NB infection levels rather than Toronto.

For MIL I reckon that will be fine and perhaps even sooner of this CBC report is anything to go by.
I am wondering whether to go for the mix and match. I read and heard on TV that it is safe, but they do not know whether the efficiency will be better/same/worse than a 2nd AZ dose. Decisions, decisions..
Old May 21st 2021, 11:35 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering whether to go for the mix and match. I read and heard on TV that it is safe, but they do not know whether the efficiency will be better/same/worse than a 2nd AZ dose. Decisions, decisions..
I can't find anything on the Ontario webpage to book a second dose.
Old May 21st 2021, 11:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by bats
I can't find anything on the Ontario webpage to book a second dose.
I think the AZ vax was given only at pharmacies. On the TV it said pharmacies will contact the people who had their 1st dose with them, when it’s their turn for the 2nd. At the moment it is people who had the AZ vaccine 10 - 12 weeks ago…on or before March 19.
Old May 22nd 2021, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
The numbers in areas where the Indian variant is suggest it's real and not fear mongering.
Forget the Indian variant there is a new one on its way.
Difficult to believe some media stuff though.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/150333...entists-probe/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.